Cast Lilith and/or any Lilin

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by FlameHead, Nov 20, 2004.

1. FlameHead Registered

I think you have some great ideas there. I especially like your choice for Skinner (one of my fav of the Lilin) and Nick Stahl would probably make a pretty good Blackout indeed. He certainly has enough of a pretty boy look to pull off the "beautiful face" that he so dearly loves.

2. Sogmot1969 Guest

What do you guys think?

3. Doombringer the Omega

Definitly Im all for it... having her spawn each of her children for GR to take down piece by piece, then the grand battle with her and GR at the end.

4. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Only if she's played by Katie Price! (aka Jordan)

5. Mr Nick Registered

Yeah, she'd be a really good villain. She was a strong character in the comics: mother of a load of hellspawn with diverse powers and appearances. Lots of creative possibilities there.

You know who I think would make a great Lilith? Sigourney Weaver. Like she is in Alien Resurrection, dangerous and sexy. And, of course, a great actress with strong screen presence.
    :up:

6. Sogmot1969 Guest

God, u hit the motherlode there....!
    I hope that if they ever make a sequel, and if they did decide on Lilith, they don't take the predictable "sexy, seductive young villainess" route...
    Instead , someone older (but still sexy, IMO) like Weaver, Susan Sarandon, Lena Olin or Miranda Richardson would be amazing!!!!

7. FlameHead Registered

I'm a huge fan of Lilith and her kids. I really think it would make for a brilliant movie as she is the perfect villian for the screen. All her little henchmen can be sent to stop Ghost Rider from getting to her but, of course Ghost Rider must have vengeance and nothing will stop him from getting to her.

By the way, we have a conversation started about who you'd cast as Lilith or any Lilin.... //www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148987. I'm pretty sure many agree with you on the Sigourny idea...

8. Mr Nick Registered

Didn't know this thread existed. Thanks for the tip, Flamehead.

I vote Sigourney Weaver for Lilith. Great actress, icy, sexy, strong maternal figure.

No ideas for the Lillin, but please no wrestlers. I love wrestling, but it's like death for a movie to have a wrestler in it.
    :up:

9. FlameHead Registered

Yeah, Sigourney would be wonderful...

I agree with the wrestler comment as well. While they may have the look (and certainly talent in their own field) they most often fail to live up to the task in film.

10. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Truer words may never have been spoken. I am a avid wrestling fan for around 20 years now (I started watching very young) and what I've come to realize is that wrestlers can't act.

My friend and I always comment that Chris Benoit had the most accurate mannerisms to be Wolverine in the X-Men movies, but we also know it would really be a bad idea knowing Benoit can't act. Hell, at times he can't even work a mic.

No wrestlers.

I must say, Sigourney Weaver might be the best choice for Lilith. Maybe if not a Ghost Rider sequel, perhaps as a character in a Dr. Strange film. Or maybe that's the insomnia talking.

11. Salemdog Support All CBM

I don't know...especially after seeing this guy and revamping my choice for Skinner. His last film was The Longest Yard

Dalip Singh

[​IMG]

By the way he's 7'3 400pds. That seems about right cause that's the average from six different sites.

And if not Skinner then another. He's a current fave for Bane in Batman.

12. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Ya I saw that guy last night whan I watched that movie, he's friggin huge! Of course some english lessons mat be in order unless his character doesn't speak.

13. Salemdog Support All CBM

Well....who says Skinner or some of the other Lilin wouldn't have accents at some point or time?;)

14. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Being able to understand them would be important me thinks. I don't think he spoke much because I don't think he speaks english.

15. Salemdog Support All CBM

Jet Li couldn't either when he filmed Lethal Weapon 4. Leanred the lines phonetically. But I think I remember at the premiere he spoke more during an interview, it was just the character.

16. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

I just watched the special features for The longest yard, they said after weeks of english lessons they gave up and put the subtitles in, the director said he wasn't told it was happening and feared he may be killed at the premiere.

17. Salemdog Support All CBM

That's funny as hell

18. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Arnolds big break was Conan the Barbarian and they dubbed in a voice for him (it sounds queer) and look at him now, he's rich as hell. I'm sure this guy will learn english now that he's had a taste of Hollywood money.

19. Salemdog Support All CBM

Umm...I hate to tell ya but that was pure Arnold in Conan. The movie he was dubbed in was Hercules in New York. The figured his accent was fine for Conan since it was fantasy and he was supposed to be Cimmerian or some such. He also had done Stay Hungry( Jeff Bridges, Sally Field"naked") and Pumping Iron along with a few T.V. shows before Conan. No dubbing in any of those either.

20. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

Even though I am against pro wrestlers in movies, Dalip Singh does have the perfect size and body type for the character. It could be possible to redesign Skinner and have him a silent hunter to allow for such an actor. But is he a good enough actor to play the character right?

I have still yet to see The Longest Yard remake, so I'm curious.

21. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

In the special feature everyone refered to him as Pierre I wonder why? He really didn't need to act much in that movie, just look big and scary which he did in spades so who knows.

22. Salemdog Support All CBM

That's true. As far as the Pierre goes I couldn't say.

23. Salemdog Support All CBM

Hard to say. Sometimes someone just is. Or is just perfect for a certain role. Hulk Hogan pretty much played himself in Rocky III and was better than anything else he'd been in since. Serena Williams was in an Law and Order episode and couldn't act her way out of a wet sack. Same with singers trying to act. Some can (Cher, Tupac, Will Smith) some can't ( Brittney Spears, Lil Kim, Kenny Rogers)

24. Uncanny Orb That Guy With One Eye.

Nelly was pretty good in that movie, as were most of the wrestlers and football players.

25. NDX Luke... I am... tired.

But the movie does not seem to house the most complicated of roles. Either a security guard or football player or... cheerleader. These were not Oscar roles (don't need to see the movie to know that).

I'm sure as fans of the character we don't want a bad actor to ruin him. I still feel Colin Farrell, albeit had the right accent for the character, was a horrible choice for Bullseye and just made scenes with him unbearable.