Sequels Cast Mary Jane Watson in a TASM sequel!

does Lyndsay Fonseca's nose bother anyone else?

:awesome:

tumblr_m6u36eDXU91qaio2lo1_r4_250.gif
tumblr_m6u36eDXU91qaio2lo4_r3_250.jpg

tumblr_m6u36eDXU91qaio2lo2_250.jpg
tumblr_m6u36eDXU91qaio2lo3_r4_250.gif

So since I'm bored of arguing with a wall, I decided to go look up some past suggestions that I gave approval on and still do, so that at least the haters in this thread can shut up.

In response to Karen Gillan
What about Karen Gillan?

karen-gillan-8.jpg
I liked her on Doctor Who, I think she'd be a great choice. :up:

In response to Amber Heard
amber_heard_wallpaper-800x600-17.jpg

Amber Heard is a good choice for me. She has a sultry look in her eyes. She may even seem to sexy to play the girl next door aspects of Mary Jane's personality. But I beleive Amber is versatile enough to play different facets of Mary Jane.
Like I said earlier, I'd be happy with her, but I think she'd be best used as Felcia Hardy/Black Cat.
Yes, I notice I said I'd prefer her for Black Cat, but I bolded the important part.

In response to Felicity Jones
I like the Felicity Jones suggestion.

A bonus point is her costarring with musical Spider-Man in another movie. :oldrazz:
Granted now she's being looked at for Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

In response to Alexandra Breckinridge
Here's a link to Mary's latest short film, Magnificat. I think it showcases her really well and it should give some of y'all a different view on her compared to the usual stuff she's in.

Also to mix things up, I'm gonna post more of Alexandra Breckenridge (from American Horror Story):
tumblr_lz3ommYinc1qft5njo1_500.jpg
I feel the same about Breckinridge as I do Heard.
In case you forgot, I said this.
Like I said earlier, I'd be happy with her, but I think she'd be best used as Felcia Hardy/Black Cat.

In response to Margot Robbie
And the winner for MJ is, Margot Robbie. Actress who used to Star in the Australian soap, Neighbors and is currently a leading cast member of the show, Pan Am.
Margot%20Robbie%202%20%28emailable%29.jpg
She is(was?) one of the best things about that show. :up:
That's perfect. I don't really care much for Pan Am but Margot is talented. I could see her doing the role of MJ.
Same here.

And Yes, I've noticed they've become staples in my MJ banners(except for Robbie; must fix that). Their inclusion is me showing support for the other posters' suggestion of them.

So yeah haters/people complaining I shoot all suggestions down/etc.
Take a breath, relax, and see how wrong you are about that mindset.

How about everyone just talks about MJ casting ideas and drop the attitudes?

Has anyone ever noticed that most of Spider-Man's women have that bang thing going on with their hair?

I'd be cool with Margot Robbie or Amber Heard - who I really want is Emma Watson.

EDIT: Nevermind - Lyndsy Fonseca ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Last edited:
2009-09-21-rachel-hurd-wood.jpg

No. Too goofy looking. No sex appeal & she's not hot at all.

lilycoleimaginariumdoct.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was a random hating post. Who are your suggestions if we all have such "awful tastes."

I just registered to tell you that all of you have awful f**king taste.

2009-09-21-rachel-hurd-wood.jpg

No. Too goofy looking. No sex appeal & she's not hot at all.

lilycoleimaginariumdoct.jpg

Are you f**king kidding me? Whoever suggested this ugly creature, please die.

The rest of the women that have been posted are either too beautiful or too bland. Mary Jane is hot & sexy, and hot & sexy women have not been posted yet. ffs.

I totally agree with you! And welcome to the boards.

But did someone seriously suggest that second one or did you make that up??

well that is what a natural redhead with big dimples, an such features (that MJ is usually draw to have) would look like in real life

the thing is though she's always drawn with red hair, she has never real been drawn to look like a natural redhead (if that makes sense)

I totally agree with you! And welcome to the boards.

But did someone seriously suggest that second one or did you make that up??

Finally... someone with sense. Oh, and thank you.

Yeah, someone seriously suggested it. God knows why. It's either on page 1 or 2.

She's a 33 year old actress who looks her age. Not a good choice for a high school character. She's also not sexy enough for the character. Don't get mad and accuse me of condescension.

This is not MJ material.
fd12.jpg

See, THAT was a response, "Bleh, no way. :down" isn't.

I dunno, her in that video looked young enough to be a first year at college - and I think she was pretty attractive. I'd give 60% of what makes someone hot is their personality, and frankly she has MJ's personality down already (at least the most common incarnations of the character).

Last edited:
See, THAT was a response, "Bleh, no way. :down" isn't.

I dunno, her in that video looked young enough to be a first year at college - and I think she was pretty attractive. I'd give 60% of what makes someone hot is their personality, and frankly she has MJ's personality down already (at least the most common incarnations of the character).

I think you need to revisit a college again. Felicia Day could not pass as a 18-21 year old, even allowing for Dawson Casting.

Anyway, at this point, I think it would be quite difficult to cast MJ since we don't know what kind of personality she'll have. In the comics, she's always come off as outgoing and a bit of a snarker; elements which have since been co-opted into Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy. Meaning, writing Mary Jane as is from the comics makes her look too similar to Gwen Stacy in the TASM movie series.

I think you need to revisit a college again. Felicia Day could not pass as a 18-21 year old, even allowing for Dawson Casting.

Anyway, at this point, I think it would be quite difficult to cast MJ since we don't know what kind of personality she'll have. In the comics, she's always come off as outgoing and a bit of a snarker; elements which have since been co-opted into Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy. Meaning, writing Mary Jane as is from the comics makes her look too similar to Gwen Stacy in the TASM movie series.
I'm currently in college, so I see girls who look older than they really are all the time. What I'm essentially saying is that she could pass as a younger girl who looks older for her age... if that makes sense, haha.

And that's a fair point. Maybe they'll go with her more foxy, direct incarnation, thus making the use of "tiger" a lot more believable than when used by TAS MJ or Raimi MJ.

I'm currently in college, so I see girls who look older than they really are all the time. What I'm essentially saying is that she could pass as a younger girl who looks older for her age... if that makes sense, haha.

And that's a fair point. Maybe they'll go with her more foxy, direct incarnation, thus making the use of "tiger" a lot more believable than when used by TAS MJ or Raimi MJ.

True. There are 30-year-olds who look 20 and 20-year-olds who look 30. Unfortunately, Felicia Day falls into neither category. In my opinion, when casting a character of a certain age, s/he has to either actually be in that age range or look it. If not, it would a count against him/her and s/he would need to have had a killer audition and been a 'perfect fit' in every other way to compensate for it. Otherwise, it's a bit too random for me.

If some didn't notice, an entire conversation was deleted...EVERYONE needs to dial down the posting. If you don't like someone's opinion....KEEP IT TO THE DISCUSSION AT HAND, not the poster.

Also, just to be clear, the problem is with several of you, including those that are reporting the posts...

Play nice...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"