Cast the DC universe

Gosh...alot of these choices are just ...painful.

I liked The Question's choice for The Question though.

The Question said:
Even my Sandman/Endless stuff? :(

Those are good. I wasnt refering to your choices. I think Fillion may be able to deliver the voice similar to Comb's tone.

Thanks. And yeah, I guess I agree with the Question/Fillion thing. But I really wasn't thinking of the voice much when I was thinking of the casting. Also, what did you think of casting Chuck Norris as Richard Dragon? I mean, I know Chuck isn't that great an actor, but he's also pretty much Richard Dragon incarnate.

Not sure. Ill have to read more about Dragon first. Is he from the Charleton verse?

Nope. Created in DC. Had his own series in the 70s. Acted as The Question's martial arts trainer and source of philisophical wisdome for a while in The Question's DC series.

Supergirl (Kara Zor-El) - Evan Rachel Wood

0010.jpg
evan_rachel_wood.jpg
criticschoice04d2.jpg

Darkseid - Michael Clarke Duncan

daredevil3.jpg
michael_clarke_duncan.jpg

Milton Fine (Brainiac) - Adrien Brody

adb.jpg
10.jpg

The Question said:
Nope. Created in DC. Had his own series in the 70s. Acted as The Question's martial arts trainer and source of philisophical wisdome for a while in The Question's DC series.

Okay cool. Ya thats what I meant, hes from the Charleton comics family and the Earth where Charelton heros were from.

I need to read more about the Question. JLU has really brought about a new interest in the character. Im sure 52 will do the same.

Crisis Superman said:
Okay cool. Ya thats what I meant, hes from the Charleton comics family and the Earth where Charelton heros were from.

Richard Dragon isn't from Charlton. He's DC, through and though. The Question's DC series was post crisis.

Crisis Superman said:
I need to read more about the Question. JLU has really brought about a new interest in the character. Im sure 52 will do the same.

His solo series is a bit different from JLU. JLU shyed away from his more philisophical and personal aspects.

The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - James Caviezel

jcaviezel.jpg
Green-LanternCv1.jpg

Carol Ferris - Evangeline Lily

164449000_small.jpg
gl3.jpg

Sinestro - Jeremy Irons

Irons_Jeremy.gif
singl.gif

The Question said:
Richard Dragon isn't from Charlton. He's DC, through and though. The Question's DC series was post crisis.

His solo series is a bit different from JLU. JLU shyed away from his more philisophical and personal aspects.

Sounds cool. Theres alot of movie potential with him since the Batman flicks dont seem to highlight the detective aspect.

Booster Gold: Owen Wilson
owen-wilson.jpg

The Flash:Michael Rosenbaum
michael7.jpg

Wonder girl: kirsten storms
gh_storms_2.jpg

BLack Manta: Denzel Washington
denzel1.jpg

Braniac:Hugo Weaving
06293819_narrowweb__200x246.jpg

The Creeper: Johnny Knoxville
johnny_knoxville.jpg

Crisis Superman said:
The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) - James Caviezel

jcaviezel.jpg
Green-LanternCv1.jpg

Carol Ferris - Evangeline Lily

164449000_small.jpg
gl3.jpg

Sinestro - Jeremy Irons

Irons_Jeremy.gif
singl.gif
All of them are very good choices. :up:

I love Jesus for Green Lantern.

Dick Grayson (Robin/Nightwing) - Wes Bentley

Wes%20Bentley%201.jpg
bentley_wes01.jpg
wes_bw.jpg

Barbara Gordon (Young Batgirl) - Kaylee Defer

KayleeDeFer.jpg
1.jpg

Mister Miracle:Ioan Gruffudd
ioang02.jpg

MISTER Terrific 2: Terrence Howard
050715_terrence_vsml_7a.widec.jpg

The Question: Clive Owen
clive-owen-4.jpg

Scavenger: David Caradine
David%20Carradine.jpg

Starfire: Jessica Biel
jessica_biel04.jpg

Wildcat:Micky Rourke
2176.jpg

Supergirl: Alyson Michalka
rush-video-aly-002.jpg

Poison Ivy: Kathleen Robertson
Kathleen_robertson.jpg

Troia: Lindsay Lohan
02162006fixed9fm9qg.jpg

Catwoman (Selina Kyle): Monica Bellucci
digis87monicabellucci6nb2jb.jpg

Lohan?

No.

No no no no no.

Just......

No.

Crisis Superman said:
Milton Fine (Brainiac) - Adrien Brody

adb.jpg
10.jpg
Wah? :confused:
I assume you're basing this casting decision off of the Smallville version of Brainiac, because Brody looks about as physically opposite as you can get from the actual Milton Fine incarnation of Brainiac.

Spike_x1 said:
Wah? :confused:
I assume you're basing this casting decision off of the Smallville version of Brainiac, because Brody looks about as physically opposite as you can get from the actual Milton Fine incarnation of Brainiac.

Im not basing it off the Smallville version. In fact I want to steer clear of it. I think he has the talent to pull off Milton Fine, as least playing the character from the comics (the Carnavalist). Brody has that classic look that works well into Singer's 1930s look for Superman. He also looks like a warped version of Brandon Routh which makes his look interesting on screen with Superman.

Obviously Brainiac, look-wise, should be reworked for the movie. The green-skin, orange bearded classic Brainiac would just look lame and not fit the asthetics of the movie.

Smallville made the mistake of making 'Milton Fine' an alias of Brainiac. In the movie however, Brainiac should be the computer that takes over Fine's body. There is a struggle between man and machine as hes slowly losing his humanity to Brainiac. So yea, thats why I listed the name 'Milton Fine' first...it should focus more on him initially.

The look for Brainiac in this movie should be something original that fits with the backdrop of the movie.

I'd have to think about Fillion for Question, but he'd be a great Hal Jordan.

Crisis Superman said:
Im not basing it off the Smallville version. In fact I want to steer clear of it. I think he has the talent to pull off Milton Fine, as least playing the character from the comics (the Carnavalist). Brody has that classic look that works well into Singer's 1930s look for Superman. He also looks like a warped version of Brandon Routh which makes his look interesting on screen with Superman.

Obviously Brainiac, look-wise, should be reworked for the movie. The green-skin, orange bearded classic Brainiac would just look lame and not fit the asthetics of the movie.

Smallville made the mistake of making 'Milton Fine' an alias of Brainiac. In the movie however, Brainiac should be the computer that takes over Fine's body. There is a struggle between man and machine as hes slowly losing his humanity to Brainiac. So yea, thats why I listed the name 'Milton Fine' first...it should focus more on him initially.

The look for Brainiac in this movie should be something original that fits with the backdrop of the movie.

That would be a good angle to take it. I always liked the idea of Brainiac never having tasted ir smelled anything before, or been to anything like a baseball game or a movie, so he's facinated with Earth's culture. Doesn't mean he's not going to fulfil his mission of bringing perfect order to the world. Just menas that he revels a bit in the tactile sensations of humanity, and will probably set asided some human comforts to savor once he has remade the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"