Cast the Harley Quinn/BoP movie

:up:

13651898_1268589486499686_923271228_n.jpg

Exclusive: David Ayer, Margot Robbie reteam for all-female DC villains movie 'Gotham City Sirens' http://thr.cm/v4dEbo

David Ayer is back in the business of DC comics villains.

The filmmaker, who directed Warner Bros.’ all-bad guy comic book movie Suicide Squad, is reuniting with that film’s star, Margot Robbie, for Gotham City Sirens, a feature project that will showcase the top female villains from the DC stable, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Ayer will direct and produce the project with Robbie reprising her role as Harley Quinn, the part-time girlfriend of the Joker who is currently DC's most popular female character. Robbie is also executive producing.
Sirens was a recent comic series from DC that focused on the popular villainesses from Batman’s rogue gallery. Among them were Quinn, Catwoman, Batman’s sometime love interest, and Poison Ivy, who uses plants and their toxins to get what she wants.
Geneva Robertson-Dworet, a top female writer in the action sphere who has also penned scripts for the Tomb Raider remake and Warners' own Sherlock Holmes 3, is writing the screenplay.
The heads of DC’s film arm, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg, will also be involved in a producorial role.
Suicide Squad was a tough production and the movie underwent some reshoots but it all turned out fine for all parties involved as the movie grossed over $745.6 million global. It is now the 13th highest-grossing superhero release of all-time domestically and has surpassed the international box office of Deadpool, a movie to which it was often compared to in terms of tone.
The studio is still developing a Squad sequel as well as looking into a spin-off featuring Deadshot, the assassin character played by Will Smith. But this project was the most furthest along, and with Robbie’s Quinn having received near universal praise from Squad, this was the most natural project for Ayer with which to make his Warners return. The filmmaker is currently nearing the end of principal photography for Bright, his fantasy thriller for Netflix that stars Wil Smith and Joel Edgerton.
Warner doesn’t have a release date for Sirens but the project is now on the fast-track.

:dry:

I still haven't seen Suicide Squad, but this doesn't exactly seem a wise choice to me.

Also, does this mean that Barbara is gonna have her own personal "damaged" tattoo on her back?

Meh. I am, however, looking forward to seeing who the new Catwoman will be

Glad to see this film is on the fast track. It's going to do extremely well.

David Ayer not writing is great news.

I'm hoping for the best. I don't hate SS as much as I used to

Can't wait for the casting announcements, I think we're in for some big surprises :)

Kate Beckinsale for Catwomen

Jessica Chastain for Poison Ivy

I would say that this is bad but reading the details i think i'll be fine. Berg, Johns, & Robbie all have creative input and Ayer isn't writing the movie. All he has to do is pull out great performances. Also that writer has work on the Hollywood Blacklist list

I've got a good feeling that Carla is our catwoman

El Chipe exclusive, folks

Well...that's...disappointing. And there go my hopes for this...

I also am the guy who suggested Margot would be Harley and felt good about that

Strap in, kids!

I'm looking forward to this! So when will we get an official Gotham Sirens board? It has a director and a writer lol

I would say that this is bad but reading the details i think i'll be fine. Berg, Johns, & Robbie all have creative input and Ayer isn't writing the movie. All he has to do is pull out great performances. Also that writer has work on the Hollywood Blacklist list

Johns being attached isn't exactly a strong point. Like Snyder, he's literally among the last of people I'd go to in building a cinematic comic book universe.

I think Ayer is a good director, so I don't mind that he's been put in charge of this. The studio is the reason SS didn't go over very well with fans, so hopefully they've learned to leave well enough alone.

I think Ayer is a good director, so I don't mind that he's been put in charge of this. The studio is the reason SS didn't go over very well with fans, so hopefully they've learned to leave well enough alone.

Of course. It has nothing to do with the fact SS is poorly directed, and has an awful script.

Don't even get me started on how Ayer treats woman. Now they want him for this?

Please, in the name of all that is holy, hire a costume designer that understands iconography and drop the Mexican cartel ********.

Visually, Ayer getting his hands on Catwoman and Poison Ivy terrifies me. Please do not **** this up.

Last edited:
Johns being attached isn't exactly a strong point. Like Snyder, he's literally among the last of people I'd go to in building a cinematic comic book universe.

Highly disagree but to each it's own

Well... I know Robbie is not going to wear the SS costume but I hope Ayer doesn't have a say in the rest as he supposedly did in his last DC movie.

Oh, and Thandie Newton as Catwoman.

Mackenzie Davis as Oracle (I will fan cast her as everything)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"