Cast the Marvel Universe - Part 2

Jon Bernthal as The Punisher.

The-Walking-Dead-Jon-Bernthal-la-Jimmy-Kimmel-Live.jpg

What do you think guys?

But it's the same thing as above. They would be a British actor doing an American accent so obviously it is an American part. Peter parker is a New Yorker and Bruce Wayne is a native of Gotham, both American cities. Why should they give the part to a foreign actor when there are plenty of good American actors.

What are the obvious reasons? If you think some one can fake an accent good enough for one part then why can't they fake it good enough for another?
I dont understand this facination with casting British/non-americans actors to play american roles either. Im not saying I dont get it but I find it weird that of all the actors they could've picked to play Spider-man, Batman, and Superman they chose three people who arent american. It all worked out for the best I guess.

well they picked the best actor they found, not about where they came from.

it's a case of technology having made auditioning easier, skype, email attachments, webcam, phone, video conferencing, online profiles (IMDB, Wiki), netflix etc

it's widened the net for casting, so brits, aussies, germans, russians, africans ect can all get a shot at roles that hollywood couldn't be assed/afford to fly people in to audition for.

I dont understand this facination with casting British/non-americans actors to play american roles either. Im not saying I dont get it but I find it weird that of all the actors they could've picked to play Spider-man, Batman, and Superman they chose three people who arent american. It all worked out for the best I guess.

And the unwritten reason is that these guys are good actors who are also cheaper than the ones over here, but they never outright give that reason.

well they picked the best actor they found, not about where they came from.

it's a case of technology having made auditioning easier, skype, email attachments, webcam, phone, video conferencing, online profiles (IMDB, Wiki), netflix etc

it's widened the net for casting, so brits, aussies, germans, russians, africans ect can all get a shot at roles that hollywood couldn't be assed/afford to fly people in to audition for.

I know, I know, Im just sayin.

I've always thought that James Purefoy would make a great Punisher. When I first heard that a guy from the show "Rome" had been cast in "Punisher: War Zone" my mind instantly went to him instead of Ray Stevenson

Short brunette hair does not automatically make an actress look like the Wasp. :dry:

I hate it when people do that too like having the same hair color or hair style as someone qualifies them to fill the role. Sometimes it's right, but it doesnt always work out that way and definitely isnt how people are cast.

I completely agree. Hair dye, change of hairstyle, or even wigs can fix the problem if it's really important to make somebody fit their iconic look. Chris Evans as Captain America is a good example. Jessica Alba as Sue Storm is a terrible example.

Looks alone aren't enough for casting someone but at the same time if you're going to suggest someone for a role it's only natural that you use a picture that looks the most like the character you're suggesting them for. That doesn't mean it's the only reason you're suggesting them.

I could see Carey Mulligan playing a Janet van Dyne type character. The only problem I would have is her height. If I was being strictly true to character then the Wasp is supposed to be short even amongst other female characters. She's supposed to be pixie like even in her normal human form. Somebody who's 5'7" is just too tall for that role.

Put everyone else on boxes (since you usually hear the inverse when talking actors and height).

Alice Eve for Invisible Woman! Saw Star Trek and instantly thought of Sue (British accent aside). She was practically wearing the uniform in the movie all she need was a 4. She also looks great in blue which is a requirement.

eve+alice.jpg

Alice-Eve-in-Star-Trek-Into-Darkness.jpg

If Marvel Studios doesn't snatch her for Ms. Marvel or Enchantress, I'd love to see her as Sue. :up:

Looks alone aren't enough for casting someone but at the same time if you're going to suggest someone for a role it's only natural that you use a picture that looks the most like the character you're suggesting them for. That doesn't mean it's the only reason you're suggesting them.

I could see Carey Mulligan playing a Janet van Dyne type character. The only problem I would have is her height. If I was being strictly true to character then the Wasp is supposed to be short even amongst other female characters. She's supposed to be pixie like even in her normal human form. Somebody who's 5'7" is just too tall for that role.

Any actress can rock a pixie cut; what I'm looking for in Janet Van Dyne is the pixie personality. Zooey Deschanel, or someone very like Zooey Deschanel, would be ideal for her.

Any actress can rock a pixie cut; what I'm looking for in Janet Van Dyne is the pixie personality. Zooey Deschanel, or someone very like Zooey Deschanel, would be ideal for her.

sure. if you want the movie to fail!

I've said it before, but Anna Kendrick and Alison Brie are the only choices for Wasp that I'm interested in seeing, unless they wanna race-lift which I'm honestly totally fine with.

I've said it before, but Anna Kendrick and Alison Brie are the only choices for Wasp that I'm interested in seeing, unless they wanna race-lift which I'm honestly totally fine with.

Brie I could see; not Kendrick.

What's a pixie personality?

Wasp should be a party girl socialite with a slight action junkie vibe. Is that what a pixie personality is?

If Carrie is too tall then so is Zooey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"