Cast the new DCU

Wanna know something funny? Manganiello's casting felt ridiculous for a Serious Batman Movie's big bad but I really wanted to see him in Peacemaker or some other Gunn project. He feels bang on for that particular vibe. Obviously less so for like a Titans thing.
Eh. Even there I still would prefer if Deathstroke had more gravitas to him or was more creepy tbh. I do think that there is something to the framing of him as the actual mercenary that people take seriously against someone like Peacemaker who is seen mostly as a joke. But I do find it funny because the places he's the likeliest to show up with how long James has been teasing Deathstroke are either Peacemaker, Waller or maybe even Creature Commandos and it was most likely James himself that recasted him based on his specific version for it, so Manganiello really got the short end of the stick there.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan feels like someone that could fit nicely within those projects.

Eh. Even there I still would prefer if Deathstroke had more gravitas to him or was more creepy tbh. I do think that there is something to the framing of him as the actual mercenary that people take seriously against someone like Peacemaker who is seen mostly as a joke. But I do find it funny because the places he's the likeliest to show up with how long James has been teasing Deathstroke are either Peacemaker, Waller or maybe even Creature Commandos and it was most likely James himself that recasted him based on his specific version for it, so Manganiello really got the short end of the stick there.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan feels like someone that could fit nicely within those projects.
James Purefoy comes to mind if I think about the style of casting the DCU has been going for, probably older than they'd cast even though my instinct is to make Slade a gross creepy 60 year old groomer.

James Purefoy comes to mind if I think about the style of casting the DCU has been going for, probably older than they'd cast even though my instinct is to make Slade a gross creepy 60 year old groomer.
I do remember that James liked a tweet from Gail Simone where she talked about how Deathstroke works better as a repulsive creep.

Last edited:
Any Deathstroke fancasts out here? Quite frankly I hope they cast someone on the older age range. I hated Manganiello's casting partly because he was too young. I think someone that looks older and can give a sort of creep vibe would be good.
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

EDIT: Damn, I can see I’m not alone lol.

Deathstroke to me is one of those tough characters to handle if you're looking big picture. He's a villain, yes, but he can and has carried his own stories. I think DC would be very careful how they handle the creepy pedo stuff on the big screen. Especially in this climate we're in, as well as for the future of the character. I think if you go the FULL villain route then you can't spin him off for his own stuff. If you make him a bad guy but watered down, you risk cheapening the character but keeping open the door for solo led projects.

That being said he's a tough fan cast for me. I know NCW is a popular pick and I'd be perfect content with that casting, but I for the life of me can't think of a compelling fan cast for this character. A while back I'd have said Frank Grillo could be fun to see in that role but he's taken now lol.

Edit: I take that back, I'd throw Alexander Skarsgard's name in the mix. Especially since he allegedly just lost out on Lex. I think he'd have fun being a Sadistic, efficient, unstoppable killer, who's also a master manipulator. And he can do the creepy part too if need be.

Last edited:
Deathstroke to me is one of those tough characters to handle if you're looking big picture. He's a villain, yes, but he can and has carried his own stories. I think DC would be very careful how they handle the creepy pedo stuff on the big screen. Especially in this climate we're in, as well as for the future of the character. I think if you go the FULL villain route then you can't spin him off for his own stuff. If you make him a bad guy but watered down, you risk cheapening the character but keeping open the door for solo led projects.

That being said he's a tough fan cast for me. I know NCW is a popular pick and I'd be perfect content with that casting, but I for the life of me can't think of a compelling fan cast for this character. A while back I'd have said Frank Grillo could be fun to see in that role but he's taken now lol.

Edit: I take that back, I'd throw Alexander Skarsgard's name in the mix. Especially since he allegedly just lost out on Lex. I think he'd have fun being a Sadistic, efficient, unstoppable killer, who's also a master manipulator. And he can do the creepy part too if need be.
I don't think they have to be careful, I think they should just commit to the more interesting version of the character who is a piece of **** and not worry about spinning him off. Deathstroke has never, ever been interesting in solo stuff.

Timothy Olyphant.
That would be perfect.

I don't think they have to be careful, I think they should just commit to the more interesting version of the character who is a piece of **** and not worry about spinning him off. Deathstroke has never, ever been interesting in solo stuff.
People are hesitant over the creep stuff with Deathstroke but I actually think it's what mades him stand out from being completely generic lol It's enough of a subversion from the typical "Mr. Badass" character prototype he falls in for him to actually be repulsive in more ways than just the ones that could be considered cool (yes he's a mercenary but that's cool!) that it genuinely makes his position in the DCU more interesting.

Also gigantic creeps exists in real life it'd only make sense that the DCU would have them too.

People are hesitant over the creep stuff with Deathstroke but I actually think it's what mades him stand out from being completely generic lol It's enough of a subversion from the typical "Mr. Badass" character prototype he falls in for him to actually be repulsive in more ways than just the ones that could be considered cool (yes he's a mercenary but that's cool!) that it genuinely makes his position in the DCU more interesting.

Also gigantic creeps exists in real life it'd only make sense that the DCU would have them too.
For sure. Also, the reason to do Deathstroke in the first place IMO is to do The Judas Contract.

That would be perfect.
I feel the same, I just can't ignore the machine that Hollywood is, if there's a buck to be made then they'll take a stab at it.

I feel the same, I just can't ignore the machine that Hollywood is, if there's a buck to be made then they'll take a stab at it.
Idk. I don't think there's literally anybody other than Joe Manganiello that wanted to get a Deathstroke solo project made.

I could see a Deathstroke series, or even an animated project. Heck I'd get the guy from the raid movies or John wick.

Between The First Omen and that Shyamalan show, she’s got some horror credentials going for her. I say put her on the shortlist for Abby Arcane in Swamp Thing.

Nell Tiger Free for Zatanna or Raven.

0d27f7d22443b5abd811aab5dccbca9c800bb36a.gif

Sign George Miller up for the Wonder Woman reboot—

Charles Fraser as Diana, Charlize Theron as Baroness von Gunther, and Megan Gale as Queen Hippolyta

Sign George Miller up for the Wonder Woman reboot—

Charles Fraser as Diana, Charlize Theron as Baroness von Gunther, and Megan Gale as Queen Hippolyta
I'd rather see Charlize as Hippolyta. And then bring in Anya Taylor-Joy for Circe. Charlize looks great in dark hair(as seen in The old guard) and blonde.

I think she already turned down Hippolyta when Patty Jenkins was directing—I see Charlize having more fun with a villain role. But I certainly wouldn’t be mad if she’s our new Hippolyta either

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"