CAST your FUTURAMA live action! (who cares if it's a bad idea - just for fun)

:o :csad:

In my defense my cast is better than those in that thread.

LOL!

Open the ''American Dead'' casting NOW!

FUTURAMA:

Fry = Zack Ward.
Leela = Angelina Jolie.
Bender = Doug Jones with the original voice.
Professor Fansworth = John Hurt.
Zoidberg = Andy Serkis with the original voice.
Hermes =
Amy = Kristin Kreuk.

Mom = Angelica Houston.
Calculon = CGI With Original Voice.
Zaph = Bruce Campbell.
Kif = CGI with original voice.

Bernie Mac as Hermes? What the hell? Bad casting choice, bad, (smacks over the head with a newspaper).

Will Arnett for Zapp!
35willarnettac8.jpg

This might be a slightly better choice than Bernie Mac, But it's not a very good one: Anthony Anderson.

This might be a slightly better choice than Bernie Mac, But it's not a very good one: Anthony Anderson.

NONONO! Anderson can't act at all and has absolutely no sense of comedic timing. Also, keep in mind, Hermes has to be the "straight man" comedic arc-type. All of Anderson's comedic characters are loud, obnoxious, and whiney. Mac can at least pull off a calm comedic character. However, may I suggest Gary Anthony Williams for Hermes? He played a role very much like Hermes on Malcolm in the Middle (a no-nonsense, successful, business man) and can do voices (he does Uncle Ruckus on The Boondocks) so I am sure he can pull off the accent.

1047_p.jpg

I could see Arnett as Zapp!, Just because of the voice.

I personally think Futurama is one of the few cartoons that can be translated to live action very well so long as Groening is involved. Cast Seth Green as Fry, Jennifer Garner as Leela, Leslie Neilsen or Mel Brookes as the Professor and keep the CGI characters (Bender and Zoidberg) with the same actors as on the cartoon and you are set.

NONONO! Anderson can't act at all and has absolutely no sense of comedic timing. Also, keep in mind, Hermes has to be the "straight man" comedic arc-type. All of Anderson's comedic characters are loud, obnoxious, and whiney. Mac can at least pull off a calm comedic character. However, may I suggest Gary Anthony Williams for Hermes? He played a role very much like Hermes on Malcolm in the Middle (a no-nonsense, successful, business man) and can do voices (he does Uncle Ruckus on The Boondocks) so I am sure he can pull off the accent.

1047_p.jpg

You're right he's got my vote.

1047_p.jpg

great choice :)

Bender (CG)- Still John Dimaggio he is Bender, though that Seth Rogen idea is good.
Leslie Nielson as Professor would be awesome. The MIM guy as Hermes is also great. So is Seth Green as Fry.

Bender (CG)- Still John Dimaggio he is Bender, though that Seth Rogen idea is good.
Leslie Nielson as Professor would be awesome. The MIM guy as Hermes is also great. So is Seth Green as Fry.

if its cg bender than keep the orig voice w/the live action cast (I.E. scooby doo), seth green as fry is pimp...

will ferrell is the zapper... period. and bender should be a guy in a suit with the original voice.

i'm not liking seth green as fry, though. i know he's the most obvious choice, but i'm just not feeling it.

and i would go with china chow as amy... but kristen kreuk isn't a bad choice, either.

Kevin Connolly as Fry
220px-Kevin_Connolly_by_David_Shankbone.jpg
Fry.gif

It would be interesting to see him playing someoe so incredibly stupid and uncool, but still be awesome.

^Do you remember his role on Unhappily Ever after?

oh yeah, he's perfect, that character was basically fry, I kept thinking of him on entourage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"