beauty_inside-620x257.png

Sinestro - Richard Armitage
30m3ax4.jpg

John Stewart - Idris Elba
idris-scopin-it.jpg

Guy Gardner - Aaron Paul
aaron-paul-exodus.jpg

Last edited:
I'm iffy on Claflin as Hal. I'm going to have to watch more of his stuff, but i'm not seeing it just based on his face alone.

Richard Armitage as Stro is a good one.. Going with a guy who excels at heroic roles for Sinestro is smart, because at his core, Sinestro isn't evil. He just does what's necessary, he should be somewhat heroic.

Last edited:
Hal Jordan - Aaron Paul

aaron-paul-soa-635.jpg

John Stewart - Idris Elba

1385405715003-XXX-Idris-Elba-portrait-TP0045.jpg

Guy Gardner - Scott Caan (though I'd save him getting his ring for a later film)

Scott-caan-1-getty.jpg

Kilawog - Arnold Schwarzenegger

arnold-schwarzenegger-hed-2014.jpg

Saint Walker - Doug Jones

Sinestro - Robert John Burke (But only if Mark Strong won't come back)

300.gossipgirl.burke.robertjohn.lc.102609.jpg

Not really sure about Carol Farris. I like the suggestion of Winstead, though.

The only problem with casting this movie is that it doesn't come out until 2020, which means all the actors will be 6 years older, not even taking into account sequels. So, someone perfect for the role now may be considered "too old" come 2020.

Glad to see Aaron Paul as Hal Jordan getting some traction, he really is perfect for it. In fact, I think he's more appropriate for Hal than he ever was for Barry Allen.

Arnold as Kilowog is genius!

I'm all for Arnold as Kilowog! That indeed is GENIUS!

"ya pooza"

Ahnold Kilowog needs to happen now.

I'd also be down for Paul Verheiden as director!

I don't really agree with casting traditional tough guys like Richard Armitage as Sinestro. Yes Sinestro is incredibly powerful and tough, but I also see him as arrogant, smarmy, snobby and a little bit camp. The First Flight version was perfect. That's why it annoys me whenever anyone says at least Mark Strong was perfect in the Green Lantern because to me he wasn't any of these things, he was just a tough mentor. That's why I picked Jason Isaac, Lucius Malfoy is pretty close, just needs to be a bit tougher and less camp.

Arnold as Kilowog however, I love that. Would also allow them to go for someone less known as Hal as the mere fact that Arnold is in the movie would sell tickets.

I'd also be down for Paul Verheiden as director!

Uh... who?

Hal Jordan - Jack Reynor
pmcm_CMG3b97c725_f33c_43af_a781_57a26f83887c.jpg

John Stewart - Morris Chestnut
morris_chestnut_1_sized.jpg

Sinestro - Joseph Fiennes
600full_joseph_fiennes.jpg

Jack Reynor, zac efron, or sam claflin for an age appropriate Hal to ezra's flash.

Terry crews as John stewart.

neil blomkamp to direct

IjRY6zW.jpg

Hal Jordan: Garrett Hedlund

ZZLlsMo.jpg

John Stewart: Chiwetel Ejiofor

3PaqeRZ.jpg

Guy Gardner: Seth Rogen

SA05AHf.jpg

Kilowog: Arnold Schwarzenegger

V66x10i.jpg

Tomar Re: Brent Spiner

7sMg2nf.jpg

Sinestro: Viggo Mortensen

I really want to know how Claflin's face is "wrong" for Hal Jordan but Paul's isn't?

I'm not seeing Claflin as Hal at all, he'd be a huge disappointment.

I'm not seeing Claflin as Hal at all, he'd be a huge disappointment.

Still doesn't explain how Claflin's face is wrong but Paul is "right". How does Paul in any shape or form look like Hal Jordan from the comic? Good actors just aren't always a good fit for the part.

I'm open to Claflin being a character in the DCCU, but from what I've seen, I don't really like the idea of him as Hal. If Snyder sees something in him and he knocks the audition outta the park, then I'll support it, but as it stands and until i see an audition tape, i'm going with no on Claflin.

Aaron Paul has completely proven himself as a likable hero in my eyes, his versatility and natural swagger suggests that Hal Jordan would be an easy role for him to nail. The pictures of him posted in this thread resemble the character imo. Then again, Momoa and Miller vaguely resemble their comic book counterparts, so they may go with a very different look for Hal.

Ezra Miller/The Flash is so young, his casting suggests that we'll be getting a younger actor as Hal too. The pool of talented young actors is somewhat limited today, i think the best male actors today are in their early 30s. It's crazy that the solo movie will be in 2020, six years from now...it seems likely that they will go with someone under 30 for Hal.

I wonder when we could expect a casting announcement...we need to know if he'll appear in Justice League 1 or 2

I need to see more of him to have an opinion, but I like that his last name sounds like Kyle's last name!

I need to see more of him to have an opinion, but I like that his last name sounds like Kyle's last name!

He got a lot of critical acclaim for his role in 'What Richard Did'. Reynor is in the upcoming Macbeth film as well.

I'd be really excited if Sam Claflin was cast as Hal Jordan. He was likeable and had swagger in Catching Fire. He's one of the few choices that would make me have a slight interest in seeing Hal Jordan again. He's also one of my picks for Steve Trevor as well but I'd perfer to see him as Jordan.

claflin had me after catching fire. i thought he was every bit as good as hemsworth in snow white and the huntsman too. I'm not expecting a hartnett, I think it's a little more likely that we get a claflin or a reynor for hal, though who wb chooses is anyone's guess. I've gotten 0.00 right regarding they're casting choices. while i don't think paul looks anything like Hal, i wouldn't put it out of the question since again, wb hasn't necessarily been casting dead ringers for every role. jessie, mamoa, and ezra are testaments to that. i think he's a robin through and through, but i wouldn't discount it.

Arnold as Kilowog however, I love that. Would also allow them to go for someone less known as Hal as the mere fact that Arnold is in the movie would sell tickets.

Uh... who?
I meant Paul Verhoven! he'd be great for this

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"