Guardians of the Galaxy Casting* Jennifer Lawrence as Phyla-Vell?

GuardiaStar

Civilian
Reaction score
4053389-4353011850-NExrZ.jpg

4055487-4382652558-tumbl.png

4063519-8294219828-artic.jpg

700912-mod.jpg

I feel like out of all the superhero characters I've seen, this one really resembles Lawrence in the face.

26154_4_001.jpg

tumblr_inline_n96rizUGBK1r54my5.jpg

gotg94_zpsc131251c.png

This pic was how it all began on the idea of her casting. :yay:

Last edited:
No offense to anyone. but it seems like people want Jennifer Lawrence for Everything! from MJ to Super girl!

No thanks.

Last edited:
No offense to anyone. but it seems like people want Jennifer Lawrence for Everything! from MJ to (some) Super girl!

No thanks.

Man, you're entitled to your own opinion as am I, you say no offense but that's bs, this was also a chance for you to bring someone down a little lower, and you took it thanks a lot.

Bring someone down a little lower? :huh:

Sorry if offended you dude.

Wouldn't want Lawrence. She's already in x-men. Sure they could find someone else.

Man, you're entitled to your own opinion as am I, you say no offense but that's bs, this was also a chance for you to bring someone down a little lower, and you took it thanks a lot.

That's cold. Maybe the person feels she's not right for the role. Luckily I don't have a face for my avatar, so you can't make fun of me! Some people think Jlaw should play Captain Marvel. To that, I say hell, no! Not to mention, there are plenty of very good actresses out there waiting for a shot. Jlaw shouldn't gobble up all the good roles.

I wasn't too impressed with her as Mystique, but it's probably how they wrote her. She whined too much.

She probably has a non-compete clause due to being in X-men. She's a great actress though. It seems like every film I see her in she's my favourite part of that film.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence would fit this role at all. I don't really know a lot of actresses from memory. For some reason Léa Seydoux and Mackenzie Davis just popped into my head when thinking of Phyla. I've only seen Spectre with the first and The Martian with the second, and I don't really remember either of their characters well, so don't even really know if they're good actresses (and to be fair I don't remember either of those movies themselves well), but for some reason their faces popped into my head when thinking of Phyla.

9C7Pp8V.png

Ezq2B8B.png

Also, I'm considering whether I'd want her to look exactly like in the comics or if I'd prefer her to be a blue kree instead. Not sure yet.

Last edited:
I'd prefer they keep Jennifer Lawrence out of both the MCU & DCEU. I don't find her to be a terrible actress & I actually do like her a lot, but it seems like ever since her career (and asking price) blew up she gives significantly less effort in her performances.

The fact that she barely wanted to be painted up as Mystique tells me she'd probably complain about wearing a suit and would want it CGI'ed in.

The fact that she barely wanted to be painted up as Mystique tells me she'd probably complain about wearing a suit and would want it CGI'ed in.

Getting fitted for a costume and having to sit still for hours of makeup and prosthetics every day are two entirely different things.

I'm no fan of her (I find her overrated) but let's not pretend finding the infamously long makeup application unpleasant is unreasonable. A lot of actors who have done superhero or genre roles have talked about that being highly irritating.

Lawrence is a pretty uninspired choice at this point for Phyla.

Eww. After what she's ( not ) done for the X-Men franchise with Mystique, I want her nowhere near any MCU production.

Getting fitted for a costume and having to sit still for hours of makeup and prosthetics every day are two entirely different things.

I'm no fan of her (I find her overrated) but let's not pretend finding the infamously long makeup application unpleasant is unreasonable. A lot of actors who have done superhero or genre roles have talked about that being highly irritating.

Except Lawrence, IIRC, admitted that she used her status & star power to cut down on as much of being in the make-up as possible, which, as we saw, ended up with her barely being blue at all. I get it, it's a long process and takes quite a bit of time but you're an actor/actress. This is what you're PAID to do. If you didn't want to be in the make-up you shouldn't have signed up.

Rebecca didn't ever complain.

Except Lawrence, IIRC, admitted that she used her status & star power to cut down on as much of being in the make-up as possible, which, as we saw, ended up with her barely being blue at all. I get it, it's a long process and takes quite a bit of time but you're an actor/actress. This is what you're PAID to do. If you didn't want to be in the make-up you shouldn't have signed up.

You're having an entirely different argument. What I said was that her not wanting to have to go through all the makeup is in no way an indication she wouldn't want to wear a costume, since makeup and prosthetic application is a much longer and more boring and time consuming process than having to put on a body suit.

Last edited:
Don't really want Lawrence anywhere near the MCU or any other superhero franchise for that matter.

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence would fit this role at all. I don't really know a lot of actresses from memory. For some reason Léa Seydoux and Mackenzie Davis just popped into my head when thinking of Phyla. I've only seen Spectre with the first and The Martian with the second, and I don't really remember either of their characters well, so don't even really know if they're good actresses (and to be fair I don't remember either of those movies themselves well), but for some reason their faces popped into my head when thinking of Phyla.

9C7Pp8V.png

Ezq2B8B.png

Also, I'm considering whether I'd want her to look exactly like in the comics or if I'd prefer her to be a blue kree instead. Not sure yet.

I like both of those choices, a lot.

She's busy as Mystique.

My choice for Phyla is Emily Beecham

Emily+Beecham+3zDe4Qyt218m.jpg

Moondragon = Zhang Ziyi

zhangziyi.jpg

Nikki Gold = Michelle Trachtenberg

michelle-trachtenberg-geezer-world-premiere-at-2016-tribeca-film-festival-in-new-york-city-2.jpg

Adam Warlock = Asa Butterfield

7dbfaaa521ba8dd41459f75675d5e1e6.jpg

Nova = Ryan Guzman

44.jpg

Maxam = Terry Crews

terry-crews-feature-0215.jpg

And of course, the villains since we all know who they're going to be since the plot revolves around Adam Warlock.

Matriarch = Eva Green

latest

Magus = Matthew McCaonaughey

3sQIZh9H.jpg

I think it's fair to say that a whole lot of people want the latter as Magus.

No, Ana De Armas should play the role. She'd bring the right fire for this.

Alexander Skarsgard, Jude Law or Max Irons would be ideal for Adam Warlock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"