Casting the DC Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason Smallville is on the air for seven years now.

The same reason Charmed was on that network for 8 years, The WB/CW is lame.

Same goes for Efron and Mitchell. There may be people who don't like them, but they have their fans, so they have their right to exist..

That doesnt mean any of them are right for these superhero characters.

I just think it's unnecessary to be that disrespectful to what other people like.

I'll agree you have different taste for your vision of the DCU then. Fair enough.

WWRS.JPG

AquaRS.JPG

GASupport.JPG

Shazam.JPG

Paul Johannson as Black Adam. :up:

But yeah, some of those choices are pretty :eek:

Orin a lot of your choices are pretty iffy. And Im totally against the Smallville cast being the main cast, but some arnt horrid.

Anthony Head as Fate is actually pretty genius to me.

Brody for Plas is an interesting choice, not completly sold on it though

Haim for Metallo is the weirdest casting choice I have ever seen. And Fox as Batman doesnt work for me. He doesnt seem the brooding type. More the boyscout type Superman/Captain America. I dont watch Lost so I might be missing something of him.

There's a reason Smallville is on the air for seven years now. And that reason is that there are a lot of people who like the show and the actors. Same goes for Efron and Mitchell. There may be people who don't like them, but they have their fans, so they have their right to exist. But again, i have absolutely no problem with you not liking my choices. I just think it's unnecessary to be that disrespectful to what other people like. Anyway, let's forget about it...

Yeah, it was a pretty big effort to put them all togehter, but it also was a lot of fun. I just love doing things like that with the great characters from the DCU. And i'd wish more people would do it, cause it's also fun to see what others vision looks like...
To be honest with you Orin as much as I love SV and I do think it is a good show SV was created and always was an intern fix for the WB till they could get a Superman movie off the ground and nothing proved that more when Superman Returns was coming out. The WB was ready to pull the show because of the movie had it not been for Singer stepping it they would have done so. I mean look at the true story on how SV came to be I mean first they were going to do Gotham (SV but Batman style) then they got the script treatment for Batman vs Superman and Gotham got killed for that movie. Then Batman vs Superman was killed because they wanted three solo movies for the heroes before they did Batman vs Superman. Batman was able to get off the ground faster then Superman so instead of not doing anything with Superman they revisited the idea of a script from Gotham that involved him meeting a young Clark Kent. From there SV was born. But from the start it was always in danger of being pulled because of the movies. So SV staying on the air has nothing to do with the fans but the grace of Singer. Most SV fans bash him and say all this stuff about him but if not for him SV would have ended after season 5. The producers of SV even admitted this. The reason being the WB doesn't want two live versions of their products running around.

I'd really like to see a quote were SV producers admit, that the show woud've endet with season fife, if Superman Returns would've done better at the boxoffice. Cause to me, that seems pretty far off, just like the rest of your theory. Sorry, but i really don't think SV staying on the air for seven years has something to do with WB wanting to have two different live action versions of the Superman character or something like that. TV is about ratings and if the SV ratings wouldn't be good, they would cancel the show, no matter what's up with Superman on big screen. In fact, Smallville is still one of the highest rated (or even THE highest rated!?) on the CW ... so maybe that has something to do with why it's still on the air.

I'd really like to see a quote were SV producers admit, that the show woud've endet with season fife, if Superman Returns would've done better at the boxoffice. Cause to me, that seems pretty far off, just like the rest of your theory. Sorry, but i really don't think SV staying on the air for seven years has something to do with WB wanting to have two different live action versions of the Superman character or something like that. TV is about ratings and if the SV ratings wouldn't be good, they would cancel the show, no matter what's up with Superman on big screen. In fact, Smallville is still one of the highest rated (or even THE highest rated!?) on the CW ... so maybe that has something to do with why it's still on the air.
I am not saying it would have gone off if Superman Returns had done better I am saying they told them to wrap it up either way during the end of season 4. They made it clear to them season 5 would have been their last because they finally had their movie. As I have said before SV was always looked upon and still is as the quick fix to everything. Which is why when the movie was starting to get off the ground during McG's run you saw it have an impact on the show. I am not saying it is not a good show because it is a great show what I am saying is SV from day one was created as a quick fix till they could get a movie. Singer changed that when he said to them they could keep SV on the air because he is doing a Superman movie while they are doing a story about a young Clark Kent.

Also as far as that quote goes from the producers that is way back when they were trying to explain why season 5 started off looking like it will be the final season to doing a whole 360 and not ending the season.

I see. But you still can't say, SV staying on the air has nothing to do with the fans. If there woudn't be so much fans watching the show every week, it woudn't be on the air anymore, no matter what.

I see. But you still can't say, SV staying on the air has nothing to do with the fans. If there woudn't be so much fans watching the show every week, it woudn't be on the air anymore, no matter what.
Oh I am sorry no I agree the fans play a part in it and why it is on the air but what I was trying to say was no matter how big the fan support is the WB looked at that show as a quick fix. I mean during season 4 (the hight of SV viewing) they were ready to pull the plug on the show. They have been since the McG project the problem was McG's Superman was never able to get off the ground.

Hey guys, I had an idea. What if you could pick any actors and actresses from ANY generation to make your perfect DC super hero movie who would it be? Here's mine for example;

Chris Reeve-Superman
Christopher-Reeve---Superman-Photograph-C12141384.jpeg

Michael Keaton-Batman
65837-batman_400.jpg

Lynda Carter-WW
ww.jpg

Paul Newman-Hal Jordan/GL (around the 60s/late 70s)
newman_paul.bmp

Steve McQueen-Barry Allen/The Flash
Steve-McQueen-Actor_62277.jpg

Jon Erik Hexum-Aquaman
220px-Hexum.jpg

James Earl Jones-MM
jones_lg.jpg

Oh I am sorry no I agree the fans play a part in it and why it is on the air but what I was trying to say was no matter how big the fan support is the WB looked at that show as a quick fix. I mean during season 4 (the hight of SV viewing) they were ready to pull the plug on the show. They have been since the McG project the problem was McG's Superman was never able to get off the ground.

If the show was on any other network it would have been canned ages ago.

CW pathetically needs it to balance off their other crappy shows.

IMO SV is not a crappy show in fact change a fact if they changed a few things around I wouldn't have mind if they used it as canon for a new Superman movie. The problem is though IMO SV has went past that point of no return of where they can maybe fix things.

Smallville is just smallville. It isnt Superman. It's its own lameass CW drama with its own built-in audience like most dramas.

It doesnt have to adhere to any Superman canon but the show definitely has jumped the shark and needs to go.

The last episode I caught with Lara and Zor-el clones running around was cringeworthy.

Superman Tom Welling

Batman- Matthew Fox or Clive Owen

The Flash - Ryan Reynolds

WonderWomen - Megan Gale or Odette Yustman

Aquaman - Matthew Mcconaughey or Brad Pitt

Green Lantern Jim Caviezel

Green Arrow Kieffer Sutherland

Martian Manhunter - Vin Diesel

Dark Seid - Laurence Fishburne

Hitmans supporting cast:

Sean Noonan- John Scurti (Rescue Me)
John_Scurti_FX.jpg
hitman_03.jpg

http://lx1.letti.com.br/b2c/comics/images/hirman_12.jpg

Nat the Hat- Ice Cube
cover_story-1.jpg

Hacken- Bill Goldberg
BillGoldbe_Grani_5051713_400.jpg

Ringo Chen- Byron Mann
byron.jpg

How about Mark-Paul Gosselaar for Animal Man
250px-Animalman1.png

mpg3.jpg

Kind of a shot in the dark, but I recently saw him in somethin and when I read Countdown to Adventure I could definitely hear his voice with the dialogue.

Hey guys, I had an idea. What if you could pick any actors and actresses from ANY generation to make your perfect DC super hero movie who would it be? Here's mine for example;

Paul Newman-Hal Jordan/GL (around the 60s/late 70s)
newman_paul.bmp
I had an idea to cast a DC superhero movie using only actors from a specific era. Like if they made a JLA movie in the early 60's, at the beginning of the Silver Age, here's my cast (which would include Newman as Hal):

Clark Kent/Superman: Rock Hudson
7976C95320B1679A2E56ACAB5B26ECE.jpg

Bruce Wayne/Batman: Gregory Peck
3729b4bb.jpg

Wonder Woman: Ava Gardner
ava-gardner.jpg

^ Mary Elizabeth Winstead is related to Ava Gardner. Weird, huh? :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"