Casting Thread for WATCHMEN (Suggestions and Announcements!!!)

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by Threshold, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Threshold Simply Amazing

Ooooh, Cary Elwes as Ozymandias... I actually really dig that. He'd be awesome. Pegg is 35 by the way.

2. snazzy J Registered

Yeah, that's we can't have a big name playing him either.
    If people see a big superstar carrying around the sign, they'll definitely know something's up.
    I really hope they don't give away who he is before it comes out. They should just not say who's been cast as Rorschach and let those who know the story figure it out on their own.

3. snazzy J Registered

I know, isn't Elwes perfect? I saw somebody mention him somewhere else and he's been my man since.

About Pegg, I know he isn't that far off, age-wise, but he still looks 30-35 to me. If they could just throw on a little make-up to make him look a few years older, I'd definitely be willing to give him a shot.

4. Threshold Simply Amazing

Yeah, bags under the eyes and such would work really well. But he has the look from the comics pretty good, all he needs to do is shave the beard. But I'm sticking with Elwes too, cause that would be inspired casting.

5. Emerald Knight Registered

now if only WB higher-ups involved with this movie would listen to us, we'd be in business!

6. snazzy J Registered

Now, if Elwes were Veidt, who could Jude Law play? Dr. Manhattan, maybe? I really want to find a part for him, just because he wants it so badly.

7. Threshold Simply Amazing

yeah, I hear ya there, maybe a younger Comedian.

8. Emerald Knight Registered

For some reason, when I think of the Comedian I think Denis Leary. Does that make me strange?

9. snazzy J Registered

There might not even be a younger Comedian in the movie, though. Think of how little he was in the comic.

10. snazzy J Registered

No, not really. He's got the attitude and all, but I personally don't think he really has the look or the age.

11. parkerpete Registered

O.K., Here I go, yet again:

Rorschach: Gary Sinise or Hugo Weaving
    Nite-Owl: Tim Robbins, or maybe... Matthew Broderick? (screw Cusack. He's gone to crap)
    Ozymandias: Val Kilmer
    Dr. Manhattan: Clive Owen or Christian Bale
    Silk Spectre 2: hmmm.. Naomi Watts?
    Silk Spectre 1: Ellen Burstyn, or Sigourney weaver, or Anjelica Huston
    The Comedian: NICK NOLTE. NICK NOLTE. DUH. I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE. Or I nominate either Vincent D'onofrio (physically imposing, TERRIFIC actor, can do dark humor, and they can age him appropriately) or maybe Jeff Bridges, or... and this might be a weird choice, but it could work..... HARRISON FORD.

12. Threshold Simply Amazing

Man, I just saw The Usual Suspects and Singer's tone for the movie would be a great match for Watchmen, had he not made X-Men, this movie would've been a great one for him to do.

13. Flame on! Registered

I think Eric Stoltz would make a good Rorschach....he's got an interesting look to him which I think could really work.

If the flick was made at the same time that the series appeared, then Jesse Ventura would've been awesome as the Comedian....these days, I dunno who I'd pick to play him.

14. snazzy J Registered

I want to hear some more suggestions for Manhatten. None of the ones I've heard so far have sounded all that great to me.

15. reflect4ever Mutant God

Ray Liotta as The Comedian.

[​IMG]

Kilmer as Ozymandius
    [​IMG]

Vin Diesel as Mr. Manhatten

[​IMG]

16. The Guard Registered

Vin Diesel as an intelligent, well spoken character? No. No. A thousand times no.

17. reflect4ever Mutant God

It isn't like he's gonna be waxing poetic about the universe. The key to Mr. Manhatten is being aloof and distant. I can see Vin as Manhatten, but not as Silver Surfer.

Anthony Michael hall as Rorschach
    [​IMG]

18. Emerald Knight Registered

Now THAT seems interesting. It would be interesting to see him as an anti-society SOB that makes Batman seem sane. I'm rooting for either Hall or Pegg now for Rorschach.

19. reflect4ever Mutant God

What about Dennis Quaid as Night Owl?

[​IMG]

20. parkerpete Registered

Anyone who would ask for Vin Diesel to play Dr. Manhattan.... Well, probably wouldn't be able to spell MANHATTAN.

I mean, Vin Diesel? VIN DIESEL? Have you even READ Watchmen?

And to think of how many times the fanboys complain that THEY should be running Hollywood's comic-to-film machine. Sheesh.

21. snazzy J Registered

Just because he's bald doesn't mean he's right for the part.

22. reflect4ever Mutant God

Yeah...I own a copy. You guys that complain about spelling are lame. You got anything better to say? If you don't agree with me fine. Other than that, see my reasoning as to WHY he could do the role. It's a freakin' opinion.

23. snazzy J Registered

So far, my pick for Doc Manhattan is Eric Bana. I don't think he's perfect, but he's the best I've seen.

24. SpiderHam Registered

Kinda like all those idiots who say that Orlando Bloom should play Green Arrow.

25. igotatromboner Registered

Okay so I was wrong with the Jude Law being Rorschachs, but I could have swore I read that somewhere, or maybe he was just interested in the character in some interview I read.

But that's not the point. You guys need to stop hating on Vin Diesel, he's not a stupid guy, i'd say he's pretty smart. He was personally picked by Steven Spielberg for a role in Saving Private Ryan, so that mean's he can act according to the biggest director in Hollywood. Sure, he's had a few flops, mainly every thing he's been in, but he's not a bad actor and I'd watch him in any of his movies over anything Jude Law has been in because Jude Law is an overrated *****ebag. But whatever, we all know posters on these boards are more qualified than any director out there (Speilberg) to judge a person's acting ability.