Days of Future Past Catch me if you can!! Evan Peters?Quicksilver Thread - Part 1

Yeah its sad. I just read about the accident like a few weeks ago when I went to Wikipedia to see his discography. :(

i don't think she is mean't to be anyone, its abit of a cheesy video

So if Quicksilver has an instagram account today and he was 15-ish in 1973, he's currently alive and in his 50's ??? :S

:p

Unless he time traveled the way Einstein wrote about...
(edit: never mind, that's not how that theory worked)

Last edited:
So if Quicksilver has an instagram account today and he was 15-ish in 1973, he's currently alive and in his 50's ??? :S

Not really, thats just one of the viral campaign from Fox.

Not really, thats just one of the viral campaign from Fox.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-21727-1409104295-9.gif

Were there any big surprises on your end with regards to how audiences responded to the film? I know Quicksilver was kind of the butt of a joke leading up to the release when people were just looking at out-of-context promo images and stuff, but then he ends up stealing the movie. Were you always pretty confident audiences would feel differently about the character once they saw him in the context of the film?

SIMON KINBERG: Well I was confident from when we showed it to audiences well before it was released. We showed it to friends and family at a few screenings, and I could tell from just those initial screenings of the response in the room, in the moment, to that Quicksilver sequence that it was special. Certainly you never know until a movie comes out if people are gonna embrace it or reject it no matter how big the title—sometimes that’s an even bigger challenge—so I was as nervous as I’ve ever been with that movie coming out. But the critical response, the fan response, the mainstream response, I’m very happy with the way people embraced the film. For the Quicksilver sequence, from the first time that Bryan really conceived it and described it, I thought it had the chance to be something really special and memorable.

The sequence that it most reminded me of in the conceptual stages was the opening sequence of X2 with Nightcrawler, which to me is still one of the great action sequences certainly in superhero movies but maybe any movie, so we were responding to that. One of the tricky things about making these movies is there’s so many visual effects that you don’t really know what you have until very late in the process, because you’re watching a lot of people walking around in funny suits and blue screen/green screen backgrounds, so there was a lot of discovery in post on the movie where it all comes together as it becomes real, in front of you, when you’re not watching just a white backdrop. Suddenly you have the White House in the background of frame and you have robots flying into the sky where before you just had little tracking shots. All of that is a discovery as you go.

http://collider.com/simon-kinberg-x-men-apocalypse-days-of-future-past-star-wars/

Hmmm I don't know. I prefer the TV series to be set in the present period.

Imo, they shouldnt demote the team that is in the present in the small screen. Its like Fox doesnt want to move forward with them in film so they'd just put them on television. Tv could equal to more screentime and development but they would be limited when it comes to big set pieces, vfx and action. A new mutants show would be more ideal.

a cameo here and there would be fun.
But, if you think about it, DOFP's budget was spent in great part on its cast. I doubt the TV series would come cheap using the original actors unless some of them were willing to 'chip in' for an episode if, say, that increased the chances of having an X5 for 2018.
It would be an investment. :cwink:

Last edited:
A cameo here and there like what Nick Fury had in Agents of Shield is probably the most likely... but James/Halle/Anna/Shawn/Famke/Patrick all in 1 show as regulars? even if they are doing TV now... that would be still so expensive and you would lose the prestige of seeing them together in the big screen.

I think it's going to focus on an entirely different team of mutants. I don't mind as long as it is good.

I like how the YouTube people are fighting over the character of Quicksilver in the upcoming Avengers movie and DOFP. Haha!

A TV show with Quicksilver would be fun. However I´d also like it in the present day, but nontheless with a young Quicksilver, that has blue eyes and white, just light silvery hair.... like X-Men Evolution, but with real life acting and more character depth and facettes to the characters. The characters they used for Evolution could be the same, besides Wanda.... she and Pietro should like each other in their sibling way. And the show should not be one for children, but for older teenagers and adults.

Silvery

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"