The Dark Knight Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

Maybe "Catwoman" doesn't even need to be a part of the equation. Just have Selina Kyle be a love interest while alluding to her leading a double life as Catwoman.

^Exactly what I've been saying.

Batman Begins: Rachel
Batman 2: Selina Kyle
Batman 3: Catwoman.

It's perfect.

:)

Jolie all the way. Beckinsale ain't half the actress that Angie is and would be a pi$$ poor choice.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
Jolie
Beckinsale all the way.
Beckinsale
Jolie ain't half the actress that
Angie
Kate is and would be a pi$$ poor choice.

There, that's better. :p

OK, OK, technically neither of them have been in many good movies as of late, and Jolie has an Oscar which in the eyes of shallow persons makes her better. But Beckinsale at least is not a paparazzi and media magnet, and she would work better with the cast they have set up. To me Jolie is too much celebrity, and not enough actress. Beckinsale has the talent but is still waiting for a breakthrough project IMO.

Waiting? I think she's already tried and failed with Van Helsing and the Underworld films don't you think? :p

In the very least, both of them deserve a screentest. And yes, technically if we wanted a safer choice for the role, Beckinsale would be it. I just don't think she could pull it off imo. Jolie however just oozes the traits of Catwoman even outsier her acting career. Ain't her fault the media loves her. And plus, if we really think about it she's only been in the spotlight 3 significant times. That ain't much for what seems like billions like the posters here seem to imply. Just remember, it can't be as bad as TomKat. Unlike them, Jolie wants to focus on promoting her movies and not her personal life. Look how well both her and Pitt handled their situations despite the overwhelming odds. :up:

BK said:
Waiting? I think she's already tried and failed with Van Helsing and the Underworld films don't you think? :p

hell yeah. especially van helsing. what a horrible dissapointment THAT was. and her accent sucked. "know one can beat transelvanian horses. not even verewolves." oh brother.:down

and please no more with the jolie ****. we dont even know (and i doubt) that catwoman will appear in nolans films. and IF she were, it sure as hell wouldnt be JOlie. shes not british, and nolan likes british ppl. plus, she IS too much celebrity, and damn, her and brad just better jump off a roof togther and end there sad existence in the public eye, ARGH. im almost about to say the same thing about tom and katie, bleh!

I think i agree with BK. While Beckinsale may have displayed some of Catwoman's traits with Underworld(which is debateable), Jolie just exudes the character, and all the time.

Beckinsale does well with what she has. She's not in extremely high demand, so you can't really blame her for accepting a crappy script or two.

are ppl saying beckinsale cuz she 1. was in a movie with bale and they were in love, therefore thinking theres some kinda chemistry already (wich i doubt) or 2. cuz ppl think she looks good in black leather?

Timstuff said:
Beckinsale does well with what she has. She's not in extremely high demand, so you can't really blame her for accepting a crappy script or two.
It's not that, it's that both of the films were obviously made to be hits with the public. And both...failed. :o

rent the Aviator, she was pretty good in it. she's GREAT with accents...

BK said:

In the very least, both of them deserve a screentest. And yes, technically if we wanted a safer choice for the role, Beckinsale would be it. I just don't think she could pull it off imo. Jolie however just oozes the traits of Catwoman even outsier her acting career. Ain't her fault the media loves her. And plus, if we really think about it she's only been in the spotlight 3 significant times. That ain't much for what seems like billions like the posters here seem to imply. Just remember, it can't be as bad as TomKat. Unlike them, Jolie wants to focus on promoting her movies and not her personal life. Look how well both her and Pitt handled their situations despite the overwhelming odds. :up:

Beckinsale as Talia.......Jolie as Catwoman. No debate.....

SilentType said:
I've seen nothing to suggest she can act.

watch......Serendipity, Pearl Harbor, Laurel Canyon, Aviator. Good acting by her in those films.

My top 3 choices are

1. Angelina Jolie
2. Shannyn Sossamon
3. Christina Ricci

Dark Knight said:

No, it's actually quite open to debate. I want Talia to look more foreign and ethnic, so they need someone like Mia Maestro. And I've already said on many occasions why I don't want Jolie as Catwoman, but I don't feel like dragging all that into this.

DrMylesOBoogie said:
My top 3 choices are

1. Angelina Jolie
2. Shannyn Sossamon
3. Christina Ricci
christina ricci?

what are you smoking?

Yeah..I don't really know about that.

Can someone make it possible to make Jolie and Theron one person? That'd be the perfect Catwoman. :(

Dark Knight said:

your right theres no debate...they both suck for batman!! keep em away!!:down

Christinna Ricci looks too crazy and not sexy enough. And more importantly, she does not look like a WOMAN. :o

She might work as Harley Quinn... But I'm more partial to Brittany Murphy for that role.

I have to say that Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale would be good for the role of Selina Kyle/Catwoman.

Timstuff said:
Christinna Ricci looks too crazy and not sexy enough. And more importantly, she does not look like a WOMAN. :o

She might work as Harley Quinn... But I'm more partial to Brittany Murphy for that role.

Same here.Brittany Murphy has the perfect look for Harley Quinn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"