The Dark Knight Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

Zues4Life said:
Same here.Brittany Murphy has the perfect look for Harley Quinn.

yeah...the only ones i want to see for Harley is Murphy or Johansonn

Since we know that the Joker is in the sequel,we need to start a petition to get Harley Quinn in the movie.:D

It would be awesome if Dr. Harleen Quinzel takes over Arkham in film #2 and Catwoman has a fight with Harley Quinn in Batman 3. :D

I'd like to see something similar to TAS.Harley is Jack Napiers counciler and she falls in love with him and an accident turns him into he Joker and he turns to a life of crime and Harley joins him.BOOYA!!!:D

kpjoon said:
sheri moon= the perfect harley

aww yeah she actually would be! Did you see House of 1000 corpses? hmmm her or Murphy definently.

If they want to do Selina/Catwoman's relationship with Bruce/Batman justice, they're really gonna have to do it across multiple films. I don't think they can accurately convey the sheer complexity of their relationship if they have to do it all in one movie, and since Selina is more of a "long term" love interest in the comics, it would make sense to have her appear in more than one film.

That's why I say it would work best for her to be established in the second film, without letting the audience know that she's Catwoman other than a few mentions of high-profile thefts that have been occuring in Europe, and at the end of the movie, we could get a tingling tease that she will in fact be appearing as Catwoman in the next film, like the Joker card at the end of Begins. Maybe they could "homage" the final shot from Batman Returns. Then, in the third film, they can truly dive into the complexity of the relationship between the Bat and the Cat.

MY PIC FOR TAILA BUT SHE COULD WORK AS CATWOMAN

LISA RAY
lisaraycov.jpg

lisamars.jpg

Nancy-Twin said:
aww yeah she actually would be! Did you see House of 1000 corpses? hmmm her or Murphy definently.
Yup! Which is exactly why she's my top choice! :up:

So, does anyone else think that there should be any refference to Maggie Kyle in the movie if Selina shows up? I think it would be interesting if Selina at least mentioned her.

Timstuff said:
OK, there hasn't really been any talk from people connected to the project that she'll be in the movie, but since this is a new forum, I figured we could use a thread to discuss the possibility of Catwoman / Selina Kyle being in the movie.

Personally, I think she should be played by Kate Beckinsale, wearing the Catwoman costume that was seen in Hush. I've come up with what I think is a pretty good background story for her. I think her origin should sort of rhyme with Batman's, but not repeat it.

Selina would have had a very tough childhood. She grew up in a crappy part of Gotham, her dad ran off when she was a kid, her Mom died, and she has a kid sister who she was struggling to support, even though she herself was still a minor. She did confide in a good friend of hers though; and elderly woman who lived next door, who took care of stray cats. Often times, Selina and her sister would go over and feed the cats with her.

Selina had great skill in learning gymnastics, and in desperation to support her sister and herself, she began to employ these skills as a theif. One night though, she stole from the wrong man: Carmine Falcone. Selina managed to escape from Falcone and his thugs, but she was far from safe.

Falcone knew who she was, because he was, in fact, her real biological father. He sent his thugs to her home, where they proceeded to trash the place and tormented Selina's sister. Poor Selina looses custody of her Sister, and is ordered by the CPS not to see her during her psychological therapy.

Selina decides to use the money she got from theiving to travel to Europe, where she hones her skills and becomes a master theif. She also learns martial arts so she can better defend herself. She returns to Gotham as a wealthy socialite, and at night she is "Catwoman" a persona she created because she identified herself with her friend's stray cats. Her mission is to put an end to poverty in Gotham, so that people won't be forced to steal to survive, like she once had to.

Discuss. :)

Kate Beckinsale is an ok choice but I've never seen her do the ultra sexy and confident seductress role before. Ideally this role should probably go to Charlize Theron. Btw there's no reason at all for her to adopt a persona like Catwoman or wear a silly cat costume. It's not like she stands for anything other than stealing.

Theron doesn't look too bad in the Aeon Flux movie
But Beckinsale is still my top choice

In my humble opinion Beckinsale isn't strong enough an actor to be any part in the movie, Katie Holmes (who I believe to be a good actress) is the weakest of the awesome cast in begins and beckinsale could be drowned by the class... and she isn't very Catwoman atall... to me...

Jolie is more like what I see as Catwoman

but she brings a great deal of superstar baggage and I doubt she will be Batman movie of the current franchise...

if Nolan was casting Brit's for the parts there are many better than Beckingsale... Claire Forlani is one who has a good record with Hollywood movies but there are many... Martine McCutcheon is better than Beckingsale... Thandie Newton... Kiera Knightley

my favourite pics are on looks Charisma Carpenter, but she may be acted off the screen, OR Carrie Anne Moss

i dont no really

Jolie's more Catwoman in her real life than Beckinsale will ever be. :up:

Radha Mitchell would be great.She's going to be a star.She appeared in Pitch Black,Man On Fire,Finding Neverland,Phonebooth,and recently the title role in Woody Allen's Melinda & Melinda.She's the new Michelle Phifer.

patrickbateman said:
MY PIC FOR TAILA BUT SHE COULD WORK AS CATWOMAN

LISA RAY
lisaraycov.jpg

lisamars.jpg

I agree about her as Talia! :eek::up:

BK said:
Jolie's more Catwoman in her real life than Beckinsale will ever be. :up:

Exactly! Jolie IS Catwoman in every sense of the word! I don't understand how some of you don't see that. Some of you are nuts....

BigBadBat87 said:
Radha Mitchell would be great.She's going to be a star.She appeared in Pitch Black,Man On Fire,Finding Neverland,Phonebooth,and recently the title role in Woody Allen's Melinda & Melinda.She's the new Michelle Phifer.

she was hot in Pitch Black...and in Man on Fire....

Dark Knight said:
Exactly! Jolie IS Catwoman in every sense of the word! I don't understand how some of you don't see that. Some of you are nuts....

Jolie is a **** in real life, but that doesn't mean she'd be good as Catwoman on screen. I don't think of Catwoman as a ****, I think of her as being seductive and manipulative. I'm sure Jolie could play a non-****ty Catwoman, but I'd have a hard time imagining them hiring her unless that's the approach they wanted to take.

I think that Beckinsale would be a much better choice. She does not have an over-powering celebrity status, she looks alot like Jim Lee's Catwoman, and while she's beautiful, she looks a little more subtle than Jolie. She's been in alot of crap movies, but she's not a highly sought-after actress. Under Nolan's direction and a good script she could be great though.

Timstuff said:
Jolie is a **** in real life, but that doesn't mean she'd be good as Catwoman on screen. I don't think of Catwoman as a ****, I think of her as being seductive and manipulative. I'm sure Jolie could play a non-****ty Catwoman, but I'd have a hard time imagining them hiring her unless that's the approach they wanted to take.
Please explain how in the world Jolie is a ****.... :down

Come on, don't tell me you've never watched or read an interview with her? :rolleyes:

She openly brags about her sexuality constantly. On Leno last year (before she hooked up with Brad Pitt) she said that she often invites male friends over just to have sex, and then they go back to being "just friends" the next morning. She has one of the most active and public sex lives of any female celebrity, I can't believe that you never knew she was a ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"