The Dark Knight Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

so..but when a man does the same thing has sex with multible women he is called a stud..

don't figure.

Timstuff said:
Come on, don't tell me you've never watched or read an interview with her? :rolleyes:

She openly brags about her sexuality constantly. On Leno last year (before she hooked up with Brad Pitt) she said that she often invites male friends over just to have sex, and then they go back to being "just friends" the next morning. She has one of the most active and public sex lives of any female celebrity, I can't believe that you never knew she was a ****.
Do...you know what a **** is? :confused:

Get a dictionary, it's either a promiscuous woman, or a prostitute. She's not the latter, and I wouldn't consider her promiscuous. She doesn't just get "any random male" off the street and ask to have sex with them. A **** is also someone without any standards, willing to screw anything. Again, obviously not Jolie since she seems to go with the "friends-with-benefits" angle (situation I'm also in with 2 other friends :D ). But I digress...

So to sum it up, she's not a ****. She's what you call a nympho. :up:

This is one of the problems in America. They can never tell from a good f*** or a good **** from the other. :o

Jolie or Theron would be good for Selina. I see Beckinsale more as Talia personally.

The Sage said:
Jolie or Theron would be good for Selina. I see Beckinsale more as Talia personally.
You suck. I wanna hear a better opinion than a simple sentence. That's not the sage I know. :down

:p

No but really, you really should say more. :o

OK, so perhaps Jolie does not meet the Webster definition of ****. But the term is used pretty loosely these days, often to describe someone who frequently jumps between multiple sexual partners without inhibition.

Anyway, I do not see Beckinsale as Talia, she doesn't have enough of a foreign look, probably because she's british. Mia Maestro and Eva Green seem like better canidates to me, however there could be someone even better who I haven't heard of. Beckinsale has a fairly exotic look to her, but it's not the kind I'd want for Talia. It's more the kind I'd want for Catwoman.

Timstuff said:
OK, so perhaps Jolie does not meet the Webster definition of ****. But the term is used pretty loosely these days, often to describe someone who frequently jumps between multiple sexual partners without inhibition.
Doesn't matter how loosely the term is used, the fact is it's wrong and only idiots that don't know what they're talking about (not you in particular) use it.

It's fine to not like an actress for the role. I can gladly admit the argument that she's too famous holds some weight in being a factor to her casting. But when you go as for to personally attack her because of her open sexuality (ooh a girl that likes sex; tsk tsk), it's just not needed.

snoop_nope.gif

Timstuff said:
OK, there hasn't really been any talk from people connected to the project that she'll be in the movie, but since this is a new forum, I figured we could use a thread to discuss the possibility of Catwoman / Selina Kyle being in the movie.

Personally, I think she should be played by Kate Beckinsale, wearing the Catwoman costume that was seen in Hush. I've come up with what I think is a pretty good background story for her. I think her origin should sort of rhyme with Batman's, but not repeat it.

Selina would have had a very tough childhood. She grew up in a crappy part of Gotham, her dad ran off when she was a kid, her Mom died, and she has a kid sister who she was struggling to support, even though she herself was still a minor. She did confide in a good friend of hers though; and elderly woman who lived next door, who took care of stray cats. Often times, Selina and her sister would go over and feed the cats with her.

Selina had great skill in learning gymnastics, and in desperation to support her sister and herself, she began to employ these skills as a theif. One night though, she stole from the wrong man: Carmine Falcone. Selina managed to escape from Falcone and his thugs, but she was far from safe.

Falcone knew who she was, because he was, in fact, her real biological father. He sent his thugs to her home, where they proceeded to trash the place and tormented Selina's sister. Poor Selina looses custody of her Sister, and is ordered by the CPS not to see her during her psychological therapy.

Selina decides to use the money she got from theiving to travel to Europe, where she hones her skills and becomes a master theif. She also learns martial arts so she can better defend herself. She returns to Gotham as a wealthy socialite, and at night she is "Catwoman" a persona she created because she identified herself with her friend's stray cats. Her mission is to put an end to poverty in Gotham, so that people won't be forced to steal to survive, like she once had to.

Discuss. :)

i totally agree. i even think that they should use the hush story line later for batman if they continue after the 3 movies they make. the purple costume would be fine but the hush outfit would be best. and the actress just has to have a sex appeal to her and cleverness. otherwise it just won't work. they really need to make sure they stick with the ORIGINAL catwoman and not the crappy halley version..... that movie just scared everyone away from my main girl. so i hope they bring selina into the BB movie sometime. She needs to be brought back they way she's suppost to be.

CATWOMAN ROCKS!!!!
bat luvs cat.

catwoman19 said:
and the actress just has to have a sex appeal to her and cleverness. otherwise it just won't work.

joliecatwoman.jpg

:o

personally i do think jolie would be a good choice. thanks for showing everyone what im talking about BK. :)

and im sure that jolie could seduce bats too.. just like catwoman. hehe

Jolie's sex life has nothing to do with wether or not she'd be good for the role (except that it draws so much negative attention from the press). It has little to no bearing on wether or not she'd be qualified for the role, but I do not like how some people speak as if it somehow makes her better for the role.

And as popular as that comparison pic of Jolie is, I do not really see the resemblance that so many people rant and rave about.

I think that Kate Beckinsale has a very good resemblance to Jim Lee's version Catwoman.

underworld_evolution.jpg

catwoman.jpg

i dont think any one is really saying Kate Beckinsale isn't a good part. personally i don't think the comparasion that you show looks like hush cats at all. but kates normal pic would been a better show. jolie's sex life has nothing to do with it. its her sex appeal that most are refering to. kate's role would fit the age to match christain bale a lot better. kate or jolie would be a great either way. im just afraid kate wouldn't have that sexyness to her. her role in underworld , she was really cold.
kate-beckinsale-3.jpg

Her character in Underworld was cold, but I think that that had more to do with the writing/direction than Beckinsale's ability to act. She hasn't really gotten a truly "sexy" role yet, but she's a good actress and I'm sure she could pull it off. She works with the material she is given, and as long as Nolan and Goyer know how to make Catwoman sexy, Beckinsale would be a fine choice.

Both women deserve a screentest. Whoever gets picked I'm sure will be up to par.

BK said:
You suck. I wanna hear a better opinion than a simple sentence. That's not the sage I know. :down

:p

No but really, you really should say more. :o

LOL

I like Jolie as an actress and as a beautiful woman. I think she could play Selina well. My opinion has nothing to do with her personal life, because quite frankly when she's on that big screen in the theater, I could give a crap about what she does in her private life. It's the acting that matters. Theron's a good actress too, great look and body. Both could do the role well, though I'd prefer Jolie more mainly because she has more of the look.

Timstuff said:
Anyway, I do not see Beckinsale as Talia, she doesn't have enough of a foreign look, probably because she's british. Mia Maestro and Eva Green seem like better canidates to me, however there could be someone even better who I haven't heard of. Beckinsale has a fairly exotic look to her, but it's not the kind I'd want for Talia. It's more the kind I'd want for Catwoman.

Her look is great to me. I haven't read anythign that says Talia's supposed to look real foreign, only that she has somewhat of an exotic look and mesmerizing look. Beckinsale has that IMO. As an actress, I thought she was good in Scorese's The Aviator, a REAL film unlike Underworld (sorry to all the Underworld fans out there.)

The Sage said:

Thats the way I see it also.....Theron would be a good Poison Ivy though. :up:

catwoman19 said:
i dont think any one is really saying Kate Beckinsale isn't a good part. personally i don't think the comparasion that you show looks like hush cats at all. but kates normal pic would been a better show. jolie's sex life has nothing to do with it. its her sex appeal that most are refering to. kate's role would fit the age to match christain bale a lot better. kate or jolie would be a great either way. im just afraid kate wouldn't have that sexyness to her. her role in underworld , she was really cold.
kate-beckinsale-3.jpg

May I present...Talia Al Ghul.

So gorgeous and mesmerizing. I read a recent article about how she needs to more space from her marriage, and that her husband clings and smothers her (can't blame him really) oh..oh...if she gets the part of Talia.....knowing the chemistry of her and Bale in Laurel Canyon....sparks may fly! :up:

Beskinsale is not as aggressive as Jolie is....and that is why i think Jolie beats her out for the role of Catwoman. Plus Jolie just exudes Catwoman, with her eyes, lips, sexuality and aggressive yet cute attitude at the same time. Beckinsale has that gorgeous, mesmerizing, exotic and mysterious look of Talia. She actually looks like she can be a daughter of Ra's Al Ghul/Neeson.

Dark Knight said:
Exactly! Jolie IS Catwoman in every sense of the word! I don't understand how some of you don't see that. Some of you are nuts....

Go Angelina! :) :up: :up:

Halle.Berry.avant.jpg

i69aa851ee927c5efa2114254e1564357_bmp.jpg

halle_berry266.jpg

She would make the perfect Selina Kyle....(not Patience Phillips)

I really would be behind casting her as Selina...I mean, my god Just look, and the woman can act.

-R

omg NO. Halle Berry may be a great actress but not for this role. She was horrific in "Catwoman" that movie must've scared off a number of potential Catwoman fans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"