Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Timstuff, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Go Angelina! :) :up: :up:

2. Robin91939 Master Tim

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She would make the perfect Selina Kyle....(not Patience Phillips)

I really would be behind casting her as Selina...I mean, my god Just look, and the woman can act.

-R

3. omg NO. Halle Berry may be a great actress but not for this role. She was horrific in "Catwoman" that movie must've scared off a number of potential Catwoman fans!

4. Dark Knight Registered

my wish....is to have just one full night with her alone in my bed.....(actually her bed would be a bit nicer) haha

5. Dark Knight Registered

oh yeah...it's a slam dunk choice actually. Plus she is the right age also. She is like a year younger than Bale i believe.

6. oh angelina..how i love thee..a cyborg can love too...

:o

7. Dark Knight Registered

lol...

8. Timstuff Registered

See, here is an example of someone who uses Jolie's real life personality as a reason for why she should be Catwoman, and I can't stand it! By this logic we should have gotten Osama Bin Laden to play Ra's Al Ghul because he's an arab who wants to blow the crap out of our cities. Jolie is more sexually aggressive in real life, but that does not mean that Kate Beckinsale can't play a sexually aggressive woman in a movie. People claim they don't care about Jolie's personal life if you bring it up in a negative context, but they frequently say "She's teh sexx0rz on legs!" when they're talking about how great she is.

And once again, freakin' no to Beckinsale as Talia.

9. Timstuff Registered

Anyway, this manip pretty much says it all.

[​IMG]

BECKINSALE DANGIT!!!

10. evrybody will have an idea of who they would wan't..beckingsale..gorgeous.but anglelia isn't just a pretty face,shes good at action and a oscar winner..not to mention very good at playing spit personalitys..

:up:

11. BK Registered

There's a BIG difference there man. You know, for the fact that Bin Laden is not even an actor who works in the U.S. and really is a madman. Compared to Jolie who LOOKS the part, already ACTS the part, and is an actress. Tell me specifically what similarities you see in those 2 situations, because I can't see a damn thing.
    Jolie has a one-up on Beckinsale in this category because she can do it naturally, no? Just because Beckinsale hasn't been given the chance to show it off, does it mean we can't count Jolie's obvious advantage here?
    Last time I checked, legs = body part = appearance, nothing to do with her personal life. Unless there was this huge scandal I'm missing about how her legs caused mass hysteria for weeks, then that statement has no merit at all.

12. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

So, maybe this is wayyy out there, (and really Beckensdale or Jolie would be perfect for both Talia and Selina) but what about a dark horse candidate like Rachel McAdams for Selina. We know she can do sweet, and carry a mean streak, plus she really is smokin hot. Not saying she's perfect, but she could pull it off.

Another one (and this might actually be better for Talia, but hey...) would be the ever radiant Monica Bellucci.

Just tossin those out there...feel free to toss tehm back or whatever..

13. Dark Knight Registered

another reason why she would be a bit more appropriate for Selina ahead of Beckinsale.

14. BigBadBat87 Registered

Anybody have any sugestions besides Jolie & Backinsale?

15. Dark Knight Registered

can someone manip the pic on the left of Jolie with that pose of Catwoman from Batman Returns.....that TimStuff loves using with Beckinsale? I'll bet Jolie would look better than Beckinsale as Catwoman in that manip.

16. Timstuff Registered

If you want to play the "She already did [insert whatever here] in another movie, so she's perfect!", guess what? Kate Beckinsale has played a love interest of Christian Bale's before. Does that really make her more qualified for the role? In my opinion, no. I don't think actors should be cast in a certain role because they were good at a similar role in another movie, because that's type casting, and I do not like type casting. I think people should be cast because they have acting ability, not because they "proved" they were good for a specific role in a different movie.

17. BK Registered

I seem to remember you and others bringing up Beckinsale and Bale's previous work COUNTLESS times. :confused:

And no, it would not be typecasting, because typecasting requires the actor/actress to play a specific type of role more than like 4-5 times. Playing it twice or even thrice is hardly that.

Why wouldn't recounting previous works be accountable? I also seem to remember everyone on the batboards bringing up American Psycho and Equilibrium as a basis for why Bale would be good in the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman respectively. Now are you saying their basis was wrong? Cause I also seem to recount Bale doing one hell of a job in Batman Begins.

18. Timstuff Registered

My problem is that many people seem to shut out any possibilities other than Jolie because they've already decided "Jolie can do everything that I want Catwoman to do, so that means that there's no one else who would be just as good!" The truth is though that there are other actresses besides Jolie who could play Catwoman, and there are certainly choices that the studio/production team would be more likely to select. Jolie is not a very realistic nomination, and IMO she is not the best choice avalible.

19. BK Registered

That mindset is conjured up by yourself. No one here has said that Jolie's the only choice. We simply stated because she (insert whatever reason here), she has a one-up over the others that haven't done that. That's all, it's pretty simple. No need to get all riled up over it.

20. Dark Knight Registered

why is she not realistic?? She is a heckuva an actress.....and she seems like a really appropriate for the part of Catwoman....if Selina Kyle is ever reintroduced. She wouldn't bring baggage.....i think she is a professional.

21. DarMar106 Registered

22. Dark Knight Registered

not really.....

23. Timstuff Registered

She's probably more expensive than the studio wants to pay. Charlize Theron used to be one of my favorite picks (and I'm sure she could do the job well enough), but I realised she was an un-realistic choice because she's likely more expensive than the studio would want to pay. Her paycheck for Aeon Flux was 10 million, which is probably about a tenth of that film's budget. I don't know what Jolie gets for her films, but she's an even bigger name than Theron, so I expect she gets payed even more.

24. Dark Knight Registered

but look at the other all star thesps involved with BEGINS? they all took pay cuts to be in the production.....if Jolie likes the script and wants to work with Nolan and the rest of the ensemble....she will take a paycut.