Catwoman / Selina Kyle thread

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by Timstuff, Jul 25, 2005.

1. The Sage The World's Finest

My reason for selecting Jolie as a choice for Catwoman has nothing to do with her personal life. :o

2. The Sage The World's Finest

These pictures pretty much say it all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TALIA AL GHUL MOTHERF**KER! :mad:

3. Timstuff Registered

I don't see anything. And I'm guessing that whatever they were they would not convince me that she'd be good as Talia.

4. BK Registered

I definitely see Talia in the first pic. :up:

And timstuff, what makes you say she can't do Talia? None of her previous roles are close to either Selina or Talia, so why begrudge her of one, and not the other?

5. Timstuff Registered

She could do Talia, just like Jolie could do Poison Ivy. But I think she's better for Catwoman (which I think those pics reaffirm if anything), just like you guys would say about Jolie. Personally I think that we could do better than Beckinsale for Talia, because I want someone with more of a foreign and exotic look to them. Not that Beckinsale doesn't look exotic, it's just that I think she looks more Catwoman-exotic, and I think Talia should look more mediterrenian exotic.

Anyway, this thread is about CATWOMAN. So let's not get side-tracked by bringing in all these other characters who you think a certain Catwoman nom should play instead. So for now we can agree to dissagree.

6. Dark Knight Registered

yep! these pics are more proof to me that this gorgeous woman is the ideal Talia! The hair, the face, the body......Please Goyer and Nolan write in Talia to make her presence in the sequel. She should introduce herself as Lady Shiva....an assasin sent by the league to kill the man who "might" have killed Ra's Al Ghul. Then later in the film she reveals her true identity, to the general movie audiences surprise! Perfect way to write Talia in the story IMO.

7. Timstuff Registered

Those pictures scream Selina Kyle to me. If you want to talk about Talia start a new thread. Otherwise I see it as just an attempt to distract attention from the fact that many people want her as Catwoman.

8. BK Registered

Many? Compared to the people that want Jolie? :p

9. Dark Knight Registered

yeah...i think there is more of a consensus of Jolie for Catwoman

10. Darko Registered

Kate Beckinsale is TALIA dammit.

11. Dark Knight Registered

i agree....it would be sweet to see her and Bale onscreen together again....

12. Timstuff Registered

According to the last poll, 55% of the respondants DIDN'T wan't Jolie. Beckinsale was in second place and had a fairly small percentage in comparison to Jolie, but this being the internet I was actually surprised that there weren't even more people flocking to Jolie.

Good for you. Why don't you start a TALIA thread to boast about it? It's pretty obviouse to me that you're only saying that here because you don't want her to be Catwoman. :o

13. The Sage The World's Finest

Angelina Jolie for Catwoman.

14. BK Registered

Ok, so you wanna play that game. According to the last poll:

Kate Beckinsale had 16.51% of all the choices provided. That means 83.49% DIDN'T want Beckinsale for Catwoman. Quite a leap from Jolie's 55%, no?

Also, Jolie got 134 votes, while Beckinsale got 52. So basically her numbers were close to tripled by the Jolie fans that wanted her for Catwoman.

:)

15. The Sage The World's Finest

SMELL THE OWNAGE...

16. Timstuff Registered

I won't be blinded by a silly internet poll. Almost everyone who voted knew who Jolie is, but I'll bet less than half know who Beckinsale is, and I'll bet even fewer knew any compelling reason as to why they should vote for her. Point is, if someone DIDN'T vote Jolie, it obviousely wasn't because they were un-familiar with her.

And once again, it's AN INTERNET POLL. Internet polls are about as reliable as a wetherman when it comes to judging public opinion, especially somewhere as isolated as an internet message board. Which is why I am VERY grateful that it WON'T be internet polls that decide who plays Catwoman, if she's even in the Batman sequels (which I hope she is).

17. Timstuff Registered

Beckinsale has been in some mainstream movies, but no big hits. Her better work is mostly small productions. She's a fairly fresh face I'd say, at least in comparison to Jolie who's face is everywhere.

18. BK Registered

Ok...so you said all of that, yet you were the one to bring up that poll in the first place. :confused:

I have 2 responses to that:

1) You must've not seen her on a good day

2) Sign me up for used hookers on Sunday mornings

:up:

19. The Sage The World's Finest

Buddy didn't you bring up the poll in the first place? :rolleyes:

20. my0pic_spidey 20ft cape wingspan

:up: :up:

21. criticalcasting Registered

Man, it sucks she's so mainstream and exposed byt he media and tabloids these days. I remember when she was that kick-ass girl from Hackers, and when she just started to gain recognition from Gia. IF we could go back in time just a few years, then Jolie would be my Catwoman candidate. It's all messed up now. thank the media for f***ing up actors' images. Brangelina......sigh.

22. Robin91939 Master Tim

Beckinsale= Talia Head
    Jolie or Alba= Selina Kyle

-R

23. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

agreed.

hehe...Talia's last name is "head"...heehee:)

24. The Chairman Pimps' Main Prophet

Catwoman's story should be similar to Batman's. She too went through a horrible personal experience that caused her to alienate herself from the outside world. One night she can't take it anymore and tries to kill herself with gas. She passes out but is revived by her cats. Catwoman goes around fighting villians just as Batmn would do, but also commits criminal acts as well, much like in Batman Returns. All the while, her secret identity is romancing Bruce Wayne when she's not kicking the crap out of him when he's Batman.

As for casting, a few actresses stick out in my mind. Jessica Alba is one of them. I know a lot of people think she's a horrible choice for the role. but she has had experience in super hero movies (though Fantastic 4 stunk) and if anyone watched the great shortlived tv series Dark Angel, she can do all of Catwoman's stunts. I think Kate Beckinsale would do the role nicely, too. Angelina Jolie has more of a Poison Ivy feel to her.

No matter what, though, I still think Michelle is the definitive Catwoman.

25. Timstuff Registered

Alba seems a bit young for Bale, and she's already played Sue Storm in Fantastic 4, so that doesn't really help her chances alot, since there's probably an F4 sequel on the way.

Beckinsale is still my top choice. (and I don't want to hear any "Talia" remarks. Take it to a Talia-related thread).