Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henry-Cavill-As-Clark-Kent.-e1312403054434.jpg

If they aren't going to cut his hair shorter, why can't we just have this? Seriously, natural S curl, the man was born for the role!

how do we know it's a natural curl and he didn't just do it to have a little fun with the fans at comic-con?

The are obviously filming the Smallville scenes first, and although filming the scenes with the most special effects first would also be a good idea, its possible that for the rest of the sets to come together that the could be filming the Smallville scenes first. That allows Henry Cavill to continue to workout and get bigger, which is nothing new, Scorcese did that with DeNiro for Cape Fear and Raging Bull.

The hair is probably kept long for that reason. The Smallville scenes are filmed first. A longer haircut, with hair on his face, etc, helps to round out and soften his features enough to make him appear like a high school kid. In fact, I would assume that while he is still in West Africa, he will have the long hair. He probably will not be sporting the shorter "manlier" haircut until he arrives at Metropolis. That is just what I am guessing.

Because that would be pathetic.

Also, if it was intentional, why would he have it while walking around outside but not during any of the panels or interior interview photos? That suggests it was a natural effect of the wind outdoors.

Also, as the promo shot suggests, Superman isn't going to have the S curl in this film, why would Cavill wear on purpose for the fans? He would just be teasing them with something they would never get. Seems like a jerk move...

This might sound silly, but I'm showing people your pic instead of the official one :p

It just makes a better first impression! :D

Whether you like his hair in the official pic or not... that shot from Comic Con there should put to rest the BS from idiots who insist that he's going bald.

Oh wait, I forgot. This is the Internet. Factual information and logic have no place here.

he's not going bald...but his hairline is certainly receding. that's not such a bad thing because it goes a long way in making him look more mature (he looked way too young when McG wasn involved) and receding hairlines are extremely common for guys who aren't actually balding (there's a difference)...but anyone who doesn't see that his hairline is receding either just isn't looking or doesn't care.

I agree, Dorky. I thought NO WAY Henry looks like a boy but now he looks great.
Great supporting cast and Henry is a fine actor now if the movie is as good it will make a bunch of money.

he's not going bald...but his hairline is certainly receding. that's not such a bad thing because it goes a long way in making him look more mature (he looked way too young when McG wasn involved) and receding hairlines are extremely common for guys who aren't actually balding (there's a difference)...but anyone who doesn't see that his hairline is receding either just isn't looking or doesn't care.

Exactly. Furthermore, both CK and Bruce Wayne have sported receding hairlines (in the comics and animated series) that are a lot more noticeable than the one Cavill supposedly has. It's really not a big deal; and the guy obviously still has plenty of hair.

hushextra2.jpg

superman-25d6d279-bd41-4608-ba90-e0e48c5f0f4e.jpg

SupermanAnimated.gif

Bruce_Wayne_%28Mystery_of_the_Batwoman%29.jpg

Well, then you can count me among the ones who aren't looking or don't care, I guess.

Me either. I dont think his hair line is receding at all. Just because his hairline is a bit high? That makes no sense whatsoever.

most high hairlines mean that the hairline is receding but even if you don't think that makes sense this should...
cavill_henry.jpg

SupesCavill3.jpg

...if you see these 2 pictures and don't think that his hairline is receding then you're either blind or in denial. again, not saying it's a BAD thing...but it is what it is.

same argument applies...you can't really see clearly if that's what you're doing :oldrazz:

the hair should look like this...

1srmanip.jpg

this picture is awesome! so i'm guessing you played with the colors and darkened the eyebrows in addition to fixing the hair? honestly this looks so much better than the official photo! you've taken care of all the complaints i had about it (the hair being the most off-putting aspect of the original). its amazing how much of a difference the hair makes, the slicked back style is aging and frankly not HC's best look, plus its more villain than hero, or that's how it felt to me, anyways. this just looks more like superman. great job!

Receding hairline is OK to show physical maturity but if the actor's forehead area is way bigger than the cheek area or if the receding hairline is by the temples all the way on the ears, it doesn't look right because to me it is borderline balding (nothing wrong with balding but its not how the comics is portraying the #1 superhero). Examples of borderline balding: Comics --- Ra's Al Ghul, Phantom Stranger; Actors --- Tom Hanks, Daniel Day Lewis, Nic Cage, Michael Keaton, etc. Anyways, the point is that Cavill's hairline is like Tom Hanks when the latter was in his Bosom Buddies show. The rate of how fast Henry's hairline will recede depends on his genes... look at Billy Zane now, not long ago he has a full set of hair ;)

MV5BMTg5MDA1MTQ1Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMTkyNTY3._V1._SX450_SY631_.jpg

Last edited:
most high hairlines mean that the hairline is receding.

I agree with you to an extent, but I also think that some people (e.g., Olivia Wilde) have somewhat bigger/longer foreheads, which is another factor to be considered. I've even seen small children who exhibit the appearance of a high hairline, but their hair, in fact, isn't receding at all.

As for Cavill, I think his hair is only slightly receding. And like you said before, it's not a bad thing. And like I said before, it's not really a deviation from the source material, that is, the comics.

Eh... it's just hair. But then again, this is a superhero forum. :p

His hair is definitely receding, without a shadow of a doubt.

In my early 20's I had a condition that made some of my hair fall out. Fortunately I got over it and it all grew back, but it did make me take note of hairlines/balding. HC temples show quite clearly, and quite a way back in many of his pics. The official Supes pic released shows clear recession.

Truthfully as sad as this sounds, this was my only worry when I heard he was cast. His face, eyes, expression all scream comic book Superman to me, but the hair...not so much. Whilst I don't think it's a problem for this particular movie, the rate it recedes could really be an issue for potential sequels.

A receding hairline will show maturity, which can be a good thing for our Superman. The flip side to that however, is that there are few things that will age a man quicker than a weak hairline. Given the glacial rate of development and production for this movie, it doesn't bode well. Assuming we get one, the absolute minimum time to get MoS 2 would be 2015. That's plenty of time for him to lose a bit more, but that really depends on his genes.

The thing he has going for him is that it's curly, and that hides a receeding hairline very well to the point of it not being noticeable form certain angles. Take Perry Cox from scrubs. Even before he started that 10 years ago or more his hairline had recessed very aggressively, however when he grew out the length it looked as though he had a full head of hair.

Infact the pic a few posts above me proves this exact point. Here you would never know that under the curls his hairline hides quite a way back. Slicking back the hair though, there is no hiding it..

I too really think they should leave his hair how it is now, or was at comic con for Supes. It looks full, thick and the curl drops naturally it seems! The issue would be what to do for CK :huh:

Micheal Keaton had a major receding hairline, he wore a partial wig in Batman I heard.

Jackie Earle Haley wore a ginger wig in Watchmen, did that look like a wig? Not one bit.

This is not a problem, they can do wonders with the movie magic wig wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"