Cavill's Hair In Official Teaser Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like megamind in a superman suit.

Do you mean metro man? Anyway yeah the hair could certainly look better but like others have said one promotional pic does not equal final Superman hair.

I hope the next promotional pic has this pose

Megamind.jpg

Oh, the pain. Henry's teh puffy hair and lack of a spitcurl has raped my childhood with a rusty coat hanger and butchered my adolescence in a garbage disposal. Who cares if the world is heading into another recession and genocide and war is ravaging entire countries? HIS HAIR MAKES MY EYES BLEEEEEEED.

:applaud

This is getting blown out of proportion imho. Take it from a guy who's been here off and on for nearly 10 years. Ya his hair could look better in that single pic... However there is more media you haven't seen yet from different angles. His hair will look fine for filming. Maybe you guys are a little paranoid that everything is looking too good so have to find the only flaw in the first ever publicly released photo. Geez we almost had Cage or Bomer at a certain point. It could have been either "no hair" or "no height" Let's appreciate what we have here! :p

This is getting blown out of proportion imho. Take it from a guy who's been here off and on for nearly 10 years. Ya his hair could look better in that single pic... However there is more media you haven't seen yet from different angles. His hair will look fine for filming. Maybe you guys are a little paranoid that everything is looking too good so have to find the only flaw in the first ever publicly released photo. Geez we almost had Cage or Bomer at a certain point. It could have been either "no hair" or "no height" Let's appreciate what we have here! :p

Bravo my friend. Spot on.

The hair does look a little on the big side, but it's early days - we need to see more angles. A single pic with poor lighting does not tell the whole story.

Has it occurred to anyone yet that having some minor visual differences between "Clark Kent" and Superman might be important? Y'know, so the whole secret identity bit isn't completely camp?

But no, let's fret over his hair and costume. That's what will make or break this movie. Not, say, whether the story sucks out loud. Nope. That molehill won't make a mountain of itself. And who knows what details yet lay waiting for us to nitpick out of context!

This guy is ripped straight out the comics for us, let's not forget he is actually a human being and his hair will look different because *shock* it's actually not drawn. Anyone who failed to see his potential back in the day, to the current look he has now even is missing the boat.

This has to be the funniest topic on the board!

The pictures I've seen of Cavill, he looks like Superman 30%, and I guess that's good...or 40%, but Reeve looked like 60 to 70% like Superman.

Regardless, in this photo however, Cavill only looks 10% like Superman which sucks! I don't blame him, but the way they did his hair, is awful!!!

I won't go for this! They need to narrow the hair down on his forehead a little, with a curl. Or at least lowering the hair down on his forehead, would be fine.

Coming soon.. the "lets ***** about Cavills fingernails" thread.
Jesus.

The pictures I've seen of Cavill, he looks like Superman 30%, and I guess that's good...or 40%, but Reeve looked like 60 to 70% like Superman.

Regardless, in this photo however, Cavill only looks 10% like Superman which sucks! I don't blame him, but the way they did his hair, is awful!!!

I won't go for this! They need to narrow the hair down on his forehead a little, with a curl. Or at least lowering the hair down on his forehead, would be fine.

Hmm I'm not too sure. I actually had Cavill down as at least 37.42% Superman, though with the right lighting conditions and a strong easterly wind arranging his hair differently, this could easily rise to 41.98%, give or take a few tenths.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

It's HAIR people. Not physique, jawlines, eyes, or anything else which can't be changed or changed quickly. Hair can be easily altered. And it's a promo shot. There's every chance the hair we see in the actual movie will not be like the hair you see here.

I am surprised there is no thread called 'Where are Superman's eyebrows?!' :p

Seriously though, we do need to put this in perspective.

I admit, that after the initial buzz of simply seeing it, I have hit the inevitable come down and realised there are things I don't like.

I don't like his hair, or to be honest, how his face looks in the pic. Looks great from far away but close up his eyes look a bit too sinister, and it's accentuated by the almost 'no eyebrows' appearance.

I also, after staring at it for a while, am not crazy about the fish like texture of the costume. I like Spideys texture, but it just looks a bit off here, especially because it's over the 's' as well. Plus it seems so shiny!

I'm fine with the logo itself, and don't understand the 'it's raised' complaints.

BUT

I do remember that just yesterday I was worried about a high collar. I mean really worried. And I was worried about armour. And the length of the cape. And how the first shot was going to be presented. And how long we were going to have to wait!

And I remember a few years back, a suit with a t-shirt collar and maroon red, and a glued on plastic hair look.

And I remember that Nic Cage suit. *shudders*

And I remember that this film is in the hands of some of the best people in hollwood who could possibly have handled this reboot, and that the story and the acting and the overall finished product is most probably going to be amazing.

And then I look at the picture again, and smile at just how awesome it really is.

Last edited:
You made him look like an old backstreet boy. He needs the curl!

Haha. He looks like a bad Elvis impersonator in that manip!

I still don't understand the nitpicks about Cavill's hairstyle. This is it:

tumblr_ljmhat4nCZ1qgl4w0o1_400.jpg

It looks neat without being molded/gelled like Brandon Routh's hair.

brandon-routh.jpg

As soon as I scrolled down and caught a glimpse of Cavill's picture with the curly hair and black leather jacket, I thought it was David Hasselhoff. He kind of has that 80s Beyonder hairstyle going like the Hoff. I think he should've at least straightened his hair for the Superman role, otherwise just give him an eyepatch and he could look like Hoff's Nick Fury with just gelled curly hair which looks different from gelled straight hair:

13931139_gal.jpg

Cavill should have straight hair and a side parting, and if he has a spit curl it should look more like this than the versions we've been seeing in this thread:

gregory-peck-gregory-peck-3542700-659-926.jpg

Gregory Peck had what I would consider to be a classic Superman hairstyle with a natural S curl. Here his hair is parted and gelled such that the whole thing forms a curl when it falls down naturally, unlike Routh's hair where his hair was gelled but there was a tiny little S sticking out unnaturally from the front of his hair. It makes it as if Routh tried to style that S curl deliberately, whereas in the picture above with Peck, it just happens naturally but he hasn't made an effort to overly groom himself.

I've said this before. If you're flying at super speed. Naturally his hair would get pulled back like that.

Food for thought.

I've said this before. If you're flying at super speed. Naturally his hair would get pulled back like that.

Food for thought.

It would be a lot messier than that if he was flying at Super speed.

Dear Mr. Snyder if you are reading this, this is how I would improve the new Superman Costume and Hair!

manofsteelsupermanbig3.jpg

Better?
You mean more like the single image you've seen in other media/incarnations over the years.

Whenever I see this discussion of "better" on forums it's always of this nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"