Black Lightning CBlack Lightning Season 1, Episode 10- Black Jesus: “The Book of Crucifixion

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
AND JUSTICE FOR ALL - As suspicions grow that Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is Black Lightning, the ASA arranges to have him arrested. Lynn (Christine Adams) seeks help from Detecitve Henderson (Damon Gupton). Meanwhile, as Jefferson is in custody, Gambi (James Remar) and Anissa (Nafessa Williams) work together to show Black Lightning is still running around the streets of Freeland. China Anne McClain and Marvin Jones III also star. The episode was written by Melora Rivera and directed by Michael Schultz (#111). Original airdate 4/3/2018.

Read more: Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180320cw01/#ixzz5AUgG8yXh

So we once again have Jefferson getting handled by the police. And for a frame job this time.

Sadly, this sort of stuff was common in some parts of Chicago when I grew up. I hear it happens often in New Orleans now. Gotta add, Mrs. Fowdy is fine!

Sadly, this sort of stuff was common in some parts of Chicago when I grew up. I hear it happens often in New Orleans now. Gotta add, Mrs. Fowdy is fine!

Always been fine. I remember when she modeled years ago.

We had Flash in jail, now it's Black Lightning's turn. When they use a hologram of Black Lightning, they should have done the same thing with Flash.

We had Flash in jail, now it's Black Lightning's turn. When they use a hologram of Black Lightning, they should have done the same thing with Flash.

Yeah, that got me curious too!

Anyway, great episode tonight! 9/10!

I felt this episode was taking a shot at the Trial of the Flash storyarc.

I liked the episode. The reunion was nice. Some commentary from community members was cool to see.

The Black Jesus line and the hologram running made me laugh. Oh, and the student standing in the way of the cops. Good stuff.

Amazing episode.

And man, I love the community reactions. Especially the old white lady.

Probably the best episode so far! I liked how both Jennifer and Anissa were both about to go into superpower mode when Jefferson was arrested at school. Did I see an inkling of regret from Mrs. Fowdy when Jefferson was arrested? (And yes, she is fine!)

I also liked how that student stood up to the deputy chief when they were taking Jefferson out of the school. The community reactions on TV to the arrest were interesting too.

Loving this show. Is it really just two episodes to go?? Whatever happened to Khalil, and Tobias, and his sister? The weird thing with Lala and those tattoos. Anissa's new girl, Grace? And I was hoping we'd be seeing more of Syonide by now. And what was Lady Eve doing with those 'dead' bodies?

Last edited:
Got caught up finally. Really, really dig this show. It's just so solid. I never feel like I wasted an hour of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"