Champions League!!!

Equinox said:
Speaking of Veron.. He's leaving Inter.. Im happy :) :up:

Congratulations :up:

Where's he going?

Well Chelsea have pulled off a right coup and they didn't even have to give up Crespo, Gallas or Drogba. Hats off to the blues I've heard its in the region of £24 -30 million. I even think its less than Rio Ferdinands deal :up:
I think the Italian Scandal has affected him, well Serie A's loss is Englands gain. Can't wait to see him play in the FA cup on a cold tuesday night at Grimsby! God Bless Abramovich first Ballack and now Sheva :up:

kit1982 said:
Well Chelsea have pulled off a right coup and they didn't even have to give up Crespo, Gallas or Drogba. Hats off to the blues I've heard its in the region of £24 -30 million. I even think its less than Rio Ferdinands deal :up:
I think the Italian Scandal has affected him, well Serie A's loss is Englands gain. Can't wait to see him play in the FA cup on a cold tuesday night at Grimsby! God Bless Abramovich first Ballack and now Sheva :up:

Rich Bastard :(

How is Rio Ferdinand playing by the way? I think he wasn't worth all that money...

kit1982 said:

Those two together are the most significant pair of transfers by a premiership club in one season that I can think of. Chelsea will be scary next season.

Equinox said:
Rich Bastard :(

How is Rio Ferdinand playing by the way? I think he wasn't worth all that money...

He looked good for England yesterday although as many seem to forget is was only Hungary, he's been so so at Manchester United nothing like his Leeds form where he was rated as the worlds top centre back (Oh how I miss the days where we had good players). He wasn't worth 30 million at all but I don't care we got £30 million for a bloke who lost 8 months of his career because he forgot to turn up to a drugs test.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
If only he had found out in time, things could have been so different. :(:(

Actually I'm not :(, I'm :D

Welcome to England Sheva :p
I'll be watching him in the EPL. Although it will make my heart ache. Anyone knows who's taking his place in Milan?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
It gets messier by the day.

If I was a major star in Italy, I'd be thinking about my mates in La Liga or the Prem this summer. ;)

Or the Coca Cola Championhip.......... well a guy can dream :mad:

DBella said:
I'll be watching him in the EPL. Although it will make my heart ache. Anyone knows who's taking his place in Milan?

I think they want Van Nistelrooy.

kit1982 said:
Or the Coca Cola Championhip.......... well a guy can dream :mad:

Veron for Leeds :up:

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Veron for Leeds :up:

Well if he fancies trips to Colchester and Southend next year, I don't think he'd fit into our free flowing one touch game (the one touch being the long ball) but he may sit on the bench.

I've heard some lad called Suazo think he plays for Udinese or someone, he's the man Milan want along with Ruud Van Nistlerooy

kit1982 said:
Well if he fancies trips to Colchester and Southend next year, I don't think he'd fit into our free flowing one touch game (the one touch being the long ball) but he may sit on the bench.

I've heard some lad called Suazo think he plays for Udinese or someone, he's the man Milan want along with Ruud Van Nistlerooy

The thing I dont understand - Van Nistelrooy valued at $8-9m and Shevchenko at $30m. They're the same age. Is Sheva really that much better than Van Nistelrooy?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
The thing I dont understand - Van Nistelrooy valued at $8-9m and Shevchenko at $30m. They're the same age. Is Sheva really that much better than Van Nistelrooy?

Well I rate Van Nistlerooy alot, actually think United are crazy to consider selling him Rooney and Saha won't be able to hit the figures hes got particularly in the champions league. Statistically the Best front 2 for the reds is Saha and Ruud. I think the falling out with Ronaldo and Fergie has a massive bearing on the price and to be honest in that whole Ronaldo Van Nistlerroy arguement you can see why Sir Alex is selling.

But to be fair to Sheva top champions league goalscorer of all time, footballer of the year once, one champions league scudettos and the like.

kit1982 said:
Well I rate Van Nistlerooy alot, actually think United are crazy to consider selling him Rooney and Saha won't be able to hit the figures hes got particularly in the champions league. Statistically the Best front 2 for the reds is Saha and Ruud. I think the falling out with Ronaldo and Fergie has a massive bearing on the price and to be honest in that whole Ronaldo Van Nistlerroy arguement you can see why Sir Alex is selling.

But to be fair to Sheva top champions league goalscorer of all time, footballer of the year once, one champions league scudettos and the like.

Yeah I agree with Sheva's price. There aren't many players like him around. I also agree that Fergie should sell Van Nistelrooy but he should be looking for 15-20m surely. It was only a couple of seasons ago that Henry & Van Nistelrooy were level in my book (Henry has blown him away since) as the best strikers in the Premier League and two of the best in Europe. If the Ronaldo argument has lowered the price, it is Man Utd's public relations/communications dept / Fergie who are to blame for letting the incident become a public matter.

One thing everyone needs to know, don't cross Fergie no matter how good you are. Stam, Keane & now Van the Man - 3 of United's very best players tell the story.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Yeah I agree with Sheva's price. There aren't many players like him around. I also agree that Fergie should sell Van Nistelrooy but he should be looking for 15-20m surely. It was only a couple of seasons ago that Henry & Van Nistelrooy were level in my book (Henry has blown him away since) as the best strikers in the Premier League and two of the best in Europe. If the Ronaldo argument has lowered the price, it is Man Utd's public relations/communications dept / Fergie who are to blame for letting the incident become a public matter.

One thing everyone needs to know, don't cross Fergie no matter how good you are. Stam, Keane & now Van the Man - 3 of United's very best players tell the story.

To be honest I still prefer Van Nistlerooy to Henry for the simple fact that only 30% of Henrys goals this season have been away from home the lowest total of the top 6 goalscorers in the premiership. Henry can't get you a goal when the chips are down and your creating few chances, Van Nistlerooy can. For the bloke to get 21 goals when he's a bit part player is incredible, in all fairness I don't think Van Nistlerooy has ever got the credit he deserves. Obviously Henry overall is far better, but just for a fox in the box who can get you goals from nothing is there really anyone better than Ruud?

kit1982 said:
To be honest I still prefer Van Nistlerooy to Henry for the simple fact that only 30% of Henrys goals this season have been away from home the lowest total of the top 6 goalscorers in the premiership. Henry can't get you a goal when the chips are down and your creating few chances, Van Nistlerooy can. For the bloke to get 21 goals when he's a bit part player is incredible, in all fairness I don't think Van Nistlerooy has ever got the credit he deserves. Obviously Henry overall is far better, but just for a fox in the box who can get you goals from nothing is there really anyone better than Ruud?

I've got no idea where this below £10m valuation for Van Nistelrooy came from. Every club should be remortgaging their ground for a chance to get him. I'm surprised all the big clubs (not just Milan) aren't already chasing him.

Henry has become like a symbol at Highbury similar to Gerrard at Liverpool (& Cantona back in the day). The one guy who everyone at the club looks to. Van Nistelrooy is definitely underrated nowadays which is surprising given what he has achieved in the Prem.

Leeds maybe?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I've got no idea where this below £10m valuation for Van Nistelrooy came from. Every club should be remortgaging their ground for a chance to get him. I'm surprised all the big clubs (not just Milan) aren't already chasing him.

Henry has become like a symbol at Highbury similar to Gerrard at Liverpool (& Cantona back in the day). The one guy who everyone at the club looks to. Van Nistelrooy is definitely underrated nowadays which is surprising given what he has achieved in the Prem.

Leeds maybe?

Haha, I like the sound of it wouldn't think he'd like to be dropped for Richard Cresswell. Apparently Woodgate is coming back on loan to regain some sort of fitness and Hasselbaink is trying to get a move back here.

Wouldn't you say now there are players who break the old rules of "no player is bigger than the club" I mean the ones you mentioned certainly figure in that. Its a shame IMO

kit1982 said:
Haha, I like the sound of it wouldn't think he'd like to be dropped for Richard Cresswell. Apparently Woodgate is coming back on loan to regain some sort of fitness and Hasselbaink is trying to get a move back here.
That would be worth paying to see ;)

Good news if you can get Woodgate and/or Hasselbaink in Division One.

Wouldn't you say now there are players who break the old rules of "no player is bigger than the club"
I mean the ones you mentioned certainly figure in that. Its a shame IMO

Definitely true - although I don't think it's really their fault. In the case of Henry and Gerrard it is a combination of their consistent individual brilliance and inspirational drive and the lack of this throughout the rest of the team (although both Liverpool and Arsenal have now improved). I don't think either player actually want to be bigger than the club and would prefer if their teammates performed to a similar level enabling them to compete for the Premiership again.

Equinox said:
Inter want Van Nistelroy too :o

You'd have to be mad to leave the Prem for Seria A at this time. :O

Kaka & Co will all be playing here next season (probably all for Chelsea ;))

Iceman/Psylocke said:
You'd have to be mad to leave the Prem for Seria A at this time. :O

Kaka & Co will all be playing here next season (probably all for Chelsea ;))

Hey, Inter are the only big club that are out of all this big mess that's going on :up:

Equinox said:
Hey, Inter are the only big club that are out of all this big mess that's going on :up:

In that case, with Juve and AC being disqualified, you might have won the Serie A title for the last 3 years! :up::p

Iceman/Psylocke said:
In that case, with Juve and AC being disqualified, you might have won the Serie A title for the last 3 years! :up::p

If I remember correct, we should have won 5 serie A titles from 1995 to now :up:

Equinox said:
If I remember correct, we should have won 5 serie A titles from 1995 to now :up:

I was joking. :confused: Do you mean that you think Inter have actually been cheated out of any titles? (all the way back to 95)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"