Champions League!!!

Iceman/Psylocke said:
You'd have to be mad to leave the Prem for Seria A at this time. :O

Kaka & Co will all be playing here next season (probably all for Chelsea ;))
Hell no, he's not!! :mad:
Stop trying to steal all my people. :(
But then again, Seria A is a mess now and I wouldn't blame my husband if he leaves.

DBella said:
Hell no, he's not!! :mad:
Stop trying to steal all my people. :(
But then again, Seria A is a mess now and I wouldn't blame my husband if he leaves.

I thought I could sneak that one in while you weren't here ;)

I've got Kaka in my Dream Team (UK Competition) for the World Cup. :up:

Maybe you can help me out. Do you know if Oddo is expected to start for Italy at the tournament. I was trying to find a cheap Italian defender but it's not very easy. If not who plays with Nesta, Cannavaro & Zambrotta at the back?

Thks if you know.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I was joking. :confused: Do you mean that you think Inter have actually been cheated out of any titles? (all the way back to 95)

If all the allegations against Juve or the other teams that were implicated are true.. then, YES :o

I still remember the season in 98(I think), when Ronaldo was denied a clear cut penalty in the championship deciding match against Juve..which Juve went on to win, when Inter should have :( :mad: :down

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Maybe you can help me out. Do you know if Oddo is expected to start for Italy at the tournament. I was trying to find a cheap Italian defender but it's not very easy. If not who plays with Nesta, Cannavaro & Zambrotta at the back?

Thks if you know.

I think the LB would be Fabio Grosso if Im not mistaken!

Equinox said:
If all the allegations against Juve or the other teams that were implicated are true.. then, YES :o

I still remember the season in 98(I think), when Ronaldo was denied a clear cut penalty in the championship deciding match against Juve..which Juve went on to win, when Inter should have :( :mad: :down

I had no idea it was that serious. Someone should be shot.

Equinox said:
I think the LB would be Fabio Grosso if Im not mistaken!

Thanks

& it looks like Man Utd recognise that Van the Man is definitely worth a lot more than $8m
http://www.football365.com/news/story_186485.shtml

I/P,
I am sorry I didn't answer your question sooner. I am not sure which players will be starting for Italia. And I missed their friendlies against Switzerland. :( Anyone here watched that?

Oh, I read about Sheva going to Chelsea earlier and how he hoped to win the CL with the Blues. I felt sick in the stomach. :(

As for Juve... Is it really possible to go through the whole season with only one loss with teams like Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina in the league? That is simply an amazing feat, imo.

DBella said:
I/P,
I am sorry I didn't answer your question sooner. I am not sure which players will be starting for Italia. And I missed their friendlies against Switzerland. :( Anyone here watched that?

I've got no Italians in my team anymore. :( They're too expensive & they're all injured.
As for Juve... Is it really possible to go through the whole season with only one loss with teams like Milan, Inter, Roma, Fiorentina in the league? That is simply an amazing feat, imo.
Very impressive.

Arsenal went a whole season unbeaten in the Premier a couple of seasons ago even though they struggled to finish top 4 this season.

Equinox said:

I heard about this on the news today. Juventus, AC Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina - four of the biggest European clubs. I wonder how likely it is that they will get relegated. Relegation to the 3rd division will be much harder to come back from than the 2nd and I wouldn't expect any major players to hang around for a 2 year minimum period. The lower leagues will be as interesting as Serie A next season.

DBella said:
O CRAP!! It feels like something inside of me just died. :(:(
Sorry - that must be awful when you support one of the teams :(

It's going to be a weird champions league without Milan and Juve.

Its still early days yet, I have a feeling the action tken won't be so drastic. But anything is possible and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were all relegated, however part of me still doubts it.

The sort of punishment they are talking about in a way seems too good to be true...

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Sorry - that must be awful when you support one of the teams :(
I feel extremely awful! Even that is an understatement. It'd be easier not to care, but even that is hard to do. :( I actually had a dream/nightmare last night that Milan was relegated to Seria C. I can't wait for the trial to be over and hoping that Milan will be found innocent of the charges.

R_9 said:
It's going to be a weird champions league without Milan and Juve.

YOu can say that again. :(

Batarang said:
Its still early days yet, I have a feeling the action tken won't be so drastic. But anything is possible and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they were all relegated, however part of me still doubts it.

The sort of punishment they are talking about in a way seems too good to be true...
But it needs to be done, maybe more. Hopefully that will deter something like this from happening in the future.

Maybe the individuals involved should be punished very severely while the clubs are given a lesser sentence. I'm not sure what the best punishment would be if the charges are proven to be true.

It seems unlikely that everybody named will be able to escape punishment. At least one club/individual will probably face a very heavy punishment.

Individuals involved will DEFINITELY be punished and should be banned from involvement in the sport... forever. I think the guilty club(s) will have to be relegated, to be an an example of. But the thing with that, it's been done before and it doesn't seem that much of a deterrent.

DBella said:
Individuals involved will DEFINITELY be punished and should be banned from involvement in the sport... forever. I think the guilty club(s) will have to be relegated, to be an an example of. But the thing with that, it's been done before and it doesn't seem that much of a deterrent.
The way to make it a serious deterrent is to relegate two divisions down. Otherwise a lot of these big clubs may be able to come straight back up in one season without significant problems. I would expect that most international players would want to leave the clubs if that happened.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
The way to make it a serious deterrent is to relegate two divisions down. Otherwise a lot of these big clubs may be able to come straight back up in one season without significant problems. I would expect that most international players would want to leave the clubs if that happened.
My thoughts exactly and I was talking about this last night to another poster. Being relegated to Seria B is bad, but not bad enough... people still watch that so that can still make money and with money they can still have some pretty decent player and be back in Seria A in just one season. But being bumped down to Seria C... that would be tougher. Oh, international players, even domestic ones that are worth a lot, will definely leave. Which world class player wants to play for Seria C when they can play elsewhere with more prestige and more money?

DBella said:
My thoughts exactly and I was talking about this last night to another poster. Being relegated to Seria B is bad, but not bad enough... people still watch that so that can still make money and with money they can still have some pretty decent player and be back in Seria A in just one season. But being bumped down to Seria C... that would be tougher. Oh, international players, even domestic ones that are worth a lot, will definely leave. Which world class player wants to play for Seria C when they can play elsewhere with more prestige and more money?
I can't see any players willing to stay in Serie C.

I wonder which Italian clubs will be in Europe next season. There could be some surprises in store.

Sava said:
bye bye Italian football :D
If that actually happens the impact would be unbelievable. Would the clubs originally relegated in the same way still be relegated? How would they replace the four teams going down? Although it could be disastrous for Italian football, I think Inter supporters and Serie B and C broadcasters could live with the decision. ;)

that would just help teams like Man Utd to buy good players :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"