Champions Online

Ok, that swinging is badass. I'd have to get it as a second travel power b/c it looks like you have to keep pressing buttons to keep swinging. I also like to have something like flight where you can point your character in a direction and go use the bathroom if you want lol

Found a video on Youtube that I've never seen before.

Nemesis Trailer

[YT]SfVCdX6J0NY[/YT]​

Pretty cool. The ice sliding power looks awesome. And that person's nemesis freakin grew like 50 feet tall :eek:

I know I'll create a giant evil super model. :up:

I really need to start saving for a new comp. My PC would melt if I tried to play this game now :(

Yeah unfortunately. Most of the COH-fans will probably check it out and hopefully spread the word(if it's good). But DCU Online is def gonna make a killing, just b/c of the big name attached.

Doubt it. If DC carried a big name in gaming, MK vs DC wouldn't of sold as bad as it did.

I think people could just tell that game was gonna suck thanks to common sense. As popular as Wolverine is, I don't think a "Wolverine vs The Easter Bunny" game would sell well lol.

I just laugh at how bad Mortal Kombat did in the 3d gen. The only real attraction to that game was the blood and violence, as it's an incredibly sub-par fighter. And in the world where no one cares how much blood or violence is in a game, they make the DC/MK game T and take out blood/gore.

Rofl. I mean, DC wanted it that way, but still. I just find the whole situation amusing.

I played that game for a few mins and was instantly glad I didn't buy it.

On the other hand, EVERYTHING I've seen about the MMORPG coming out looks amazing.

MK vs DC failed because it combined two genres which didnt have much crossover appeal. Big time DC Comics fans for the most part would rather play a fighter where you fought within the DC Universe or vs another comic universe like Marvel. MK fans could care less about beating up the Flash and would rather play a fighter within their own universe. This isnt like the Marvel v. Capcom days where this sort of thing was a novelty and hadnt been seen before. It came off as being a bad gimmick.

DCU Online on the other hand is showing some real promise b/c it will give players a chance to actually exist in the DCU as opposed to some generic world which means it will have a key component that was missing from CoH

So far I'm not really caring much about DCUO. Champions seems to offer exactly what I'm looking for in a superhero MMO. Though once you can have a Green Lantern in DCUO, it's gonna be hard to resist.

Last edited:
I think people could just tell that game was gonna suck thanks to common sense. As popular as Wolverine is, I don't think a "Wolverine vs The Easter Bunny" game would sell well lol.
i would buy that. especially if everytime you stabbed the easter bunny candy popped out. like a mix between god of war and viva pinata. :woot:

Will there be PvP in this game?

Not open world PvP, but I think they'll have arenas to compete in.

So far I'm not really caring much about DCUO. Champions seems to offer exactly what I'm looking for in a superhero MMO. Though once you can have a Green Lantern in DCUO, it's gonna be hard to resist.

I can't think of many gameplay differences between the 2 games.

i would buy that. especially if everytime you stabbed the easter bunny candy popped out. like a mix between god of war and viva pinata. :woot:

Haha, maybe for PSP/DS only.

so does anyone know if there is already a beta up and running yet?

I can't think of many gameplay differences between the 2 games.

I don't know if at the end there'll be a lot of difference between them, but so far we know more about what Champions has to offer.

Like the power customization, we don't know exactly how complex DCUO's system will be, but in CO we already know that you can customize the look, effect, color and origination point of your powers.

Character customization in DCUO seems to be limited to normal, human looking characters. In CO you have a lot more freedom.

The Nemesis system that will give your hero your own personal story and foe to battle. As you grow stronger, so does he. You have the exact some customization freedom as with your hero.

Haha, I'm actually more interested in fighting DC villains than my own :hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"