Arrow Change.org petition to the CW: Fire Marc Guggenheim

I signed, it may do nothing but at least it can show ppl are not really satisfied (at least a part of the fandom)....

LOL this should go viral.

I remember reading one of your posts where you complained about people wanting Zack Snyder to be sacked and were calling the people that wanted it spoilt millenials, but yet you like the idea of this. That is quite hypocritical, if you genuinely want him to be fired that is.

Last edited:
I own up to it. I don't like Guggenheim because in interviews he insults the same people who made his show number 1 on CW.

Zack Snyder doesn't have a history of attacking people who doesn't like his work.

The Arrow people call the people on these and other forums bozos among other things. So yeah, your show sucks I stop watching. Calling me a bozo because I stopped watching, yeah you deserve to get fired.

I wonder if the founders of Change.org knew that their site would be primarily used to try and get people in the entertainment industry fired. Kinda feel bad for them.

giphy.gif

Not that I don't understand where the people who are upset are coming from, ratings prove otherwise, for me I like the show that much more now.

This after last nights episode of course. And i have to wholeheartedly agree. Unless it was some kind of fake, Marc G just has absolute no respect for the source material, the actors or the anything that has to do with DC. I could go on and on but the simple truth is he needs to go asap!

Sounds like a lot of fanboy ******** to me.

Have you not watched the last 2 years??

Roy written off
Laurel killed off

Only 2 Arrow characters from the comics are gone

The show is now centered around Felicity.

Wanting guggenheim gone for some people isn't laurel fanboy ********. It's wanting the olicity shipper placating ***** to get ditched and for us to get a proper Green Arrow show.

Sounds like a lot of fanboy ******** to me.

I'm sorry do watch this show? Do you know anything about Green Arrow OR Black Canary outside of the ****fest that is this show?

If you did, you'd know how much Marc has gone out of his way to ruin the characters, the source material and the actors.

They have the license for Green Arrow and all of it's characters, and he's killed pretty much all of the main characters off and left it with original characters who mostly have horrible personalities and belong on one tree hill.

I'm sorry do watch this show? Do you know anything about Green Arrow OR Black Canary outside of the ****fest that is this show?

If you did, you'd know how much Marc has gone out of his way to ruin the characters, the source material and the actors.

Were you ever promised and straight comics to screen adaptation of this material? No you weren't. The creators of this show have made the intentions about the material clear since day one. You can either deal with it or move on.

There is a difference between straight up copying the source material and respectful adaptions. And there's also the stupidity of killing off the only well written character on the show. I'm not saying others are badly written but Laurel is the only one with noticeable development in an interesting story.

I thought that everybody Hated Laurel wanted her gone since season 1 everyone got their wish what with everyone freaking out

Last edited:
I thought that everybody Hated Laurel wanted her gone since season 1 everyone got their wish what with everyone freaking out

She actually grew on a lot of viewers since the character was handled better after season 2. And there are things about how this was handled that go beyond liking or disliking the character, how this will be two Canaries written off the show by death in two seasons, if it's a fakeout, then that'll be repetetive, and not to mention them making her final lines about Olicity. This represents the end of them even trying to have Green Arrow's supporting cast resemble the comics.

Well isn't this humbling? Marc is a fan fiction writer. The fact that he gets paid to screw over iconic characters/tv shows is his MO.

I don't like Guggenheim because in interviews he insults the same people who made his show number 1 on CW.

That would be #2

Not that I don't understand where the people who are upset are coming from, ratings prove otherwise, for me I like the show that much more now.

Speaking of ratings, they're down this season, so yeah, viewers are getting tired of Guggenheim & co's work on Arrow: http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/arrow-season-four-ratings-38484/

If I were Peter Roth (President of Warner Bros. Television Group) or the big boss, Kevin Tsujihara (CEO of Warner Bros.), I would tell Mark Pedowitz (The CW President) to fire Marc Guggenheim, they have enough reasons already: ratings are down, awful writing the last two seasons, Guggenheim's unprofessional behavior online with his trolling and pandering to shippers instead of remaining neutral, many fans unhappy, etc.

With a great team of writers, Arrow could be as good as Daredevil, with Oliver being written consistently and more likeable, not wasting Laurel as a lawyer and vigilante, more respectful of the source material, etc. Only a staff of hacks could waste so much potential.

Were you ever promised and straight comics to screen adaptation of this material? No you weren't. The creators of this show have made the intentions about the material clear since day one. You can either deal with it or move on.

I wasn't expecting a straight adaptation but if you're going to call it Arrow, then YES i am expecting an adaptation. An adaptation of Green Arrow always includes Black Canary and they brought her in from season 1 and they did actually PROMISE Black Canary. They put her through a rough journey, but at least we go to see her development. To kill her off so early is disrespectful and cannot be considered an adaptation.

I think these petitions are over the top.

Best thing you can do is stop watching.

I bet whoever came up with change.org is highly disappointed that it's abused for trivial crap.

No, and nobody's asking them to take a specific book and adapt it. However, i will point out that season one set it up to be a rather faithful adaptation of "Year One". So to establish a show as (relatively) faithful and then make it unrecognizable is fraud.

Smallville was far from a "straight comics to screen adaptation". But at least they didn't murder Lois Lane, just as she was getting hired at the daily planet.

It just shows a lack of respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"