Comics Change Something!

Silverstein

Superhero
Reaction score
You like comics. You draw a little, you write a little. Marvel has you do a little bit of both and you somehow rise to the top. But for some reason Marvel allows you, you, to do whatever you want to Spider-Man comics. I guess the pope or some divinity is protecting Ultimate Spider-Man so you can't touch that.

So what do you do? Any of your childhood fantasies (or adult) can now be realized in the official storyline of the comics. What do you do?

Any of the following can be true:
-You could be jealous of Peter, so you can seek to destroy his marriage
-You could end several years of storyline and character stregnth by simply changing it, because you personally do not like it.
- You could be famous for doing movies about jersey and after getting this choice, just suddenly decide to rape a strong female character of the series. (Okay that one is directed at Kevin Smith. Black Cat was inspired by her father, darnit!! Not being raped in college. But I'm willing to forgive you because it was non canon...)

Seriously though, I'm interested in what people don't like about spidey comics and what they would change...

We can be surprised (nothing wrong with that). We can be thrown curveballs (part of the fun). But it's gotta flow with the past 40 years of concrete personalities and experiences.

MJ could have been killed. They could have been divorced. Gwen's Clone could come back for all I care. Jackal could come back too, why not.

Peter could go look for his kid who was kidnapped (and thought to have been stillborn).

Peter can go live in Portland with MJ and Ben could come back and be Spidey full time (Shakespeare compared to recent events).

Or Peter could work with Ezekial (comes back) on worldly supernatural cases from time to time.

But Peter cannot be a Spider Totem mystical warrior. Peter cannot be Iron Man's bi ch. Peter cannot be an Avengers flunky. Peter cannot be a complete sellout. Peter cannot grow thorns and eat people's heads.

You know what would be a really quick, and cool fix? Peter realizes he's been getting duped one time after another and he is in a deep funk. He knows something's wrong and can't put his finger on it. You then either make it a super-powered illusionist or demi-god that has been toying with him or you make all the events (or most) real, and then there is a mystery for Peter to Solve.

He could get Xaviers' (or someone similars) help to literally mind F everyone and forget he was unmasked. He decides to go back to GGs lair in Europe and tears the place apart, finding clues to a mystery etc. that could have to do with finding out Sins Past was a sham. Maybe clues that his daughter is alive.

Another simple and cool plot would have him finding out the mystery of Morlan and truly realizing Ezekial duped him. Morlan could have had some hold on Ezekial, and Peter took Morlan down. Ezekial slipped out the back. But Maybe Morlan IS just a vampire. Maybe Blade comes into play to help Peter.
Maybe Morlan is an illusion. Maybe there is more to Ezekial, and Ezekial was holding back bigtime. I am not a S-M writer obviously, but any direction can be gone too, as long as the character is respected, personality-wise and continuity(past events-wise) in my opinion.

Morlan's part in the whole OTHER storyline and the OTHER as a whole, e-gad :wow: , again Peter starts realizing he's been played. Illusion to the highest degree? Mysterio has made a deal in hell? Payback a bi ch?

Spidey get's lethally injected so as to fight this godlike Mysterio? Only to be brought back by MJ's mouth to mouth?

Who knows man, anything is possible, and interesting in a S-M comic book if you don't have an agenda and you actually care about continuing a 40+ year legacy of continuity.

Maybe Peter and co never escaped from "The Peferct World" a few years ago.

What I don't like? All these plot-driven "life changing" stories that seems to be the only kind of stories we get these days. And I don't like how narrow-minded Marvel seems to be about the supporting cast. I think it was JMS who said, when he started as a writer on Amazing, that he felt that it was like Peter Parker was living in a bubble, with the same villains and other people returning. I mean, he lives in New York, one of the biggest cities in the world, with over 8 million people. And if play with the idea that every person alive is a seed for a story, you have potentially 8 million stories. And while I don't care that much whether Peter is married or not, it just boggles my mind when I over and over again read about how people like Joe Quesada seems to see the marriage as a hindrance. Even when he's married he can still meet new people, even if it isn't some new girl/woman he dates.

I had boycotted the spidey comics a while ago. I only read ultimate spider-man now. And I heard about this bs about taking mj away, and that Joephisto(whoever coined that is genius), actually went through with it. I actually feel like crying. My hero is not even the same guy anymore.

It's like finding out that your favorite sports player is a racist against your people. Or like finding out that whomever you look up to is a sham. I loved Peter and MJ and saw them as inspiration for myself and what I wanted in a relationship when I grew up.

-A woman who is willing to try for you
-A woman who loves you no matter what you do
-A woman who loves you for you, and is not tempted or interested in other guys that might be smarter, stronger, richer, wolveriny-er,whatever..than you
-A woman who is strong willed and can not only handle herself but equally does her part
-Moral guidance

I could go on forever, I think...And not just on what MJ represents. But what Peter is to her. I want to be Peter to my MJ. But NOT this Peter who would throw it all away for an old lady that's already dead [in my book] any way.

Aunt May died so many times before, that I think Peter should have let it take it's course and THEN made a deal...

But I digress...

Anyway, to answer my own question: If I had the power to change anything. ANYTHING...it would be to simply bring MJ back. I can deal with twin goblins and gwen cheating, I can deal with pete talking to ants or being bullet proof. I was mad...but compared to this?

And what did she whisper to mephisto? I could see the last word it said everything...did she say "I'll still remember everything" or something?

If i could change anything in the comics, i would bring Ben Reilly back (in a logical manner of course) and he would be a mainstay in the marvel universe. I'd probably have him move to california or something where he could have his own spin-off title and every once in a while when Peter's in danger, Ben would come back to New York to his aid. I always loved the brother dynamic between the two and I miss it.

I'd get in my time machine, fashioned out of paper clips and rubber bands, and head back to the mid 90's. It's at this point as a new creator at Marvel that I'd convince them to go along with their Clone Saga plan. Keep Ben Reilly the one true Spider-Man.

And then the world is a better place.

But seriously...it doesn't matter. Brand New Day is the new era of Spider-Man. Guess most of you guys didn't ***** and moan enough, huh? Heh. :oldrazz:

I'd get in my time machine, fashioned out of paper clips and rubber bands, and head back to the mid 90's. It's at this point as a new creator at Marvel that I'd convince them to go along with their Clone Saga plan. Keep Ben Reilly the one true Spider-Man.

And then the world is a better place.

But seriously...it doesn't matter. Brand New Day is the new era of Spider-Man. Guess most of you guys didn't ***** and moan enough, huh? Heh. :oldrazz:

Ok, McGyver...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"