Changes Still Needed Past the 2012 Blu-Ray Release...

Joshua_B

Civilian
Reaction score
Here's some ideas just to start with; if anyone's noticed more, please list them.

A New Hope

• The lid on the droids' escape pod is still blue in a few shots.
  • Obi-Wan's introduction scene now features rocks in Artoo's hiding place for the close-up, which don't exist in the wider master shot.
  • The red and white astro-droid reappears after it malfunctions, right next to R2-D2 at Owen Lars' farm.
  • Luke's lightsaber blade needs to move out from the hilt in Obi-Wan's hut.
  • Han needs to shoot Greedo first, or at least dodge the shot much more believably.
  • The matte boxes around the TIE fighters during the Falcon escape are still visible in several shots.

The Empire Strikes Back

• The holographic Emperor needs another revision, to more closely match his appearance in "Return of the Jedi".
  • Several shots inside Cloud City don't feature the revised widows, particularly when Vader first shows up to capture Han & Leia.
  • Vader's lightsaber blade is still pink instead of red in several shots at the carbon-freeze chamber.
  • Vader's blade also suddenly disappears between shots when he's talking to Luke at the Bespin balcony, after cutting his hand off.

Return of the Jedi

• The musical number from the Special Edition really doesn't work; it stops the whole narrative dead in its tracks.
  • The matte painting behind Lando when he says goodbye to Han before the battle is painfully obvious.
  • Leia remembering her mother needs editing, since Episode III changed the details of her birth.
  • Some of the stop-motion Imperial walkers need CG replacements, because they look too pale against the green forest on Endor.
  • The faded lightsabers still show up in a few places between Luke & Vader, with the white cores missing.
  • Vader's first "no" needs to be either reduced in volume, or removed.

Don't they still use english instead of aurebesh in A New Hope? And I can't remember if they changed the Death Star in the digital schematics near the end to show the correct placement of the "crater".

Did Disney give an official statement if they were still going to continue to make changes/touch ups on the OT?

If nothing else I really, really hope they go in and fix all the laser bolts and lightsaber effects.

The only thing I don't like about the Special Editions is how inconsistent some of the changes are. Even in the same scene something will be changed in one shot, while in another it will be different. It really boggles my mind how they could be so damn sloppy with some of those changes.

If nothing else I really, really hope they go in and fix all the laser bolts and lightsaber effects.

The only thing I don't like about the Special Editions is how inconsistent some of the changes are. Even in the same scene something will be changed in one shot, while in another it will be different. It really boggles my mind how they could be so damn sloppy with some of those changes.

I understand.

Things drive me nuts too, one I personally hate that I don't see mentioned is the Death Star plans in ANH in the briefing room just scream 1970's video game level graphics and to me it doesn't match that world. I would like that tweaked and updated, but that's me. I know that's all they could do then, but if they could even bring it up to the level in RotJ's plans, I would be happy.

Yeah, I forgot about that. I would like to see that changed as well.

Just remove the Vader "NO!" from Ep. 6. They removed Luke's scream from the ESB original special edition so I'm holding out hope.

I wonder if they're going to take too long to finally release the original Trilogy without Lucas's weird changes completelly restored and in high definition.

I always found it odd that Lucas found so many random things to play with, but never fixed the lightsabers in Star Wars and Empire.

I think they need to make an edition similar to Avatar's ultimate edition, where you would have three versions for the Star Wars Originals:
-Theatrical cut in true remastered glory
-Lucas's Special Edition
-Ultimate cut, similar to Aidywan's fan cut where you actualy take the Special Edition idea but make changes that actualy need to be done, and if there's CGI, it would need to be good.

This is what i hope for, the theatrical and special versions are both in need of some more work, but they should also be available for fans, giving three versions is what i think to be the best way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"