Chapter 8: "Four Months Ago" Discussion 11/12/07

It was a pretty cool timeline. I'd like to see that Peter and that Hiro again.

They can still become as kick@$$ as they were in the five years gone timeline with age and practice, I don't think they necessarily have to lose as many of their friends and go through as much heartache to get there...Peter won't have a cool scar and Hiro might not be as dark, but they'll still rock the house...did I just say 'rock the house?' Ewww, I just disgusted myself!

hiro could get to that skill level with age and practice, but unless someone close to him dies because of him (which now that i think of it they play off Kaito's death like that) he won't have that same bad a s s mentality that he had when Ando died because of his failure.

I've got a question about future Hiro. When he visited Peter in the present on the subway he froze time. Everyone froze except Peter. Is this because Peter can absorb his ability thus making him immune to the timefreeze(like when he was able to see Claude) or is it because future Hiro is so skilled he can choose who he freezes in time and who he doesn't?

probably a bit of both.

This is based on the fact that he was able to take ando through this time stream into the future meaning he can use his powers to affect those he sees fit.

more than likely he wanted to freeze everyone except for peter.

This is going to be a really interesting episode. And Peter really get's around. First Simone, then Niki, then Caitlin and now Elle. It's not enough that he has the best ability but he has to get all the hot chicks too? Well Caitlin isn't hot :o

Peter's a PIMP

did you see the episode when she was carved open on the autopsy table? she can be killed. that isn't immortal.

Why do people keep using this argument? IF claire was killed, she'd STILL be dead. Absent that, no one knows the exent of her powers. She has survived radiation, an autopsy and regenerated a toe, I think those imply she is somewhat immortal.
I imagine "immortal" is defined as in the Highlander series. Anything short of severing the head won't kill you. But time will tell.

Why do people keep using this argument? IF claire was killed, she'd STILL be dead. Absent that, no one knows the exent of her powers. She has survived radiation, an autopsy and regenerated a toe, I think those imply she is somewhat immortal.
I imagine "immortal" is defined as in the Highlander series. Anything short of severing the head won't kill you. But time will tell.
she was clinically dead. the implication was pretty clear that if her brain is damaged just right, she's dead. same with Peter. it's in line with the reason why Eden blew her brains out. it's in line with why Linderman is dead. there is nothing to suggest that Claire is immortal.

did you see the episode when she was carved open on the autopsy table? she can be killed. that isn't immortal.

She's immortal in the sense that she live indefinitely and heal from almost any wound. Decapitation kills a Highlander immortal, a stake to the heart will kill a vampire. They're still considered immortal.

This isn't Highlander, so I don't know why you're mentioning it. There is no evidence that Claire can live indefinitely or that she is immortal.

I mentioned it as an example obviously. I'm basing my assertion oin the fact that Kensei has the same ability. This season we've been seeing repeating powers, so it's not as if we aren't supposed to draw a connection between similar abilities.

I mentioned it as an example obviously. I'm basing my assertion oin the fact that Kensei has the same ability. This season we've been seeing repeating powers, so it's not as if we aren't supposed to draw a connection between similar abilities.
But Kensei doesn't have the same ability - not that we know of. we've seen him heal, we know he survived an explosion (but we don't know how), and we see that he hasn't aged in at least 400 years. we can suspect that Claire may have the same power, but it isn't a fact. a mangled hand from a kitchen sink disposal, broken bones, a severed toe (that isn't a life threatening injury for anyone) are not evidence of immortality. the fact that a foreign object lodged in her brain (and Peter's) impeded her healing ability is indicative that she isn't immortal; permanently damage her brain and she's dead.

If an object lodged in her brain wouldn't permanently damage it then I don't know what would. All that proved was she could be incapacitated.

But Kensei doesn't have the same ability - not that we know of. we've seen him heal, we know he survived an explosion (but we don't know how),
Is it that big a mystery? He can regenerate.:huh:

and we see that he hasn't aged in at least 400 years. we can suspect that Claire may have the same power, but it isn't a fact.

Never said I was spouting gospel here. But until it's proven otherwise, I say they are the same.:o

a mangled hand from a kitchen sink disposal, broken bones, a severed toe (that isn't a life threatening injury for anyone) are not evidence of immortality.

But a snapped neck and open chest might be.

the fact that a foreign object lodged in her brain (and Peter's) impeded her healing ability is indicative that she isn't immortal; permanently damage her brain and she's dead.

Which is why I stated early on
she's immortal with limitations. the source of the powers is in the brain, so any damage to it puts it at a stop.

And even so, we know her brain can heal from damage, otherwise she would've never recovered.

Which is why I stated early on
she's immortal with limitations.

And even so, we know her brain can heal from damage, otherwise she would've never recovered.
well, hell. if she's immortal with limitations, then she isn't immortal. immortality is an absolute. you can't be a little bit immortal. you are or you aren't.

Is it that big a mystery? He can regenerate.
well we didn't see it with our own eyes, so we don't know. we don't know if his head was blown off and his brain scattered everywhere, if he somehow escaped, etc. we know he survived, but we don't know how.

Well there was a reason I brought up vampires and Highlanders.

But everything to do with the idea of immortality and it's representations. So yeah, they do mean something.

i don't agree with that. her power was never proven to be the cause of her survival, even if her mother thought she had died. if she had the ability since birth, and if it had already manifested, then she would've been turned over to the company immediately instead of bennett. also, she would have been aware of her ability as a child and not just discovered it when she was 16.

that wasn't proof, it was a theory by Claire and just a device to reveal her ability to Meredith. Claire has no idea how she survived.

My Theory: We know the Company was involved with the Fire, but we believe Meridith Started it. What if Baby Claire was replaced with a Burnt Corpse? We don't know the depths the Company will go to hide someone like her.

well, hell. if she's immortal with limitations, then she isn't immortal. immortality is an absolute. you can't be a little bit immortal. you are or you aren't.

well we didn't see it with our own eyes, so we don't know. we don't know if his head was blown off and his brain scattered everywhere, if he somehow escaped, etc. we know he survived, but we don't know how.

Ok have to jump in on this one as according to your definition of immortality there would be none throughout history?
Even immortal gods have been killed so please show me one case where immortality was absolute?
As I am hard pressed to come up with one except from Naruto.:woot:

Well there was a reason I brought up vampires and Highlanders.

Makes Sense to me dude. A lot of people are trying their hardest to make Adam into some sort of Uber-God and sprout off theories as if they were the Gospel of Heroes. In actuality, Your analogies of Vampires and Highlander is quite apt in this situation. Given the evidence of heroes, the nature of the world they're in and the producers information they've given. Adam has regeneration, the exact same power as Claire.

Now decapitation is a great way to put them both down for good seeing as though clearly their brains are the focal point of their powers. Now short of being some sort of Alien, Decapitation USUALLY and MOST LIKELY will stop ANYTHING. It's the end all way to kill someone with regeneration in most Fantasy and Science Fiction. I mean, damn...Dracula is magic and it kills him. Producers have already hinted that without their heads they're as good as dead.

I defy any of you to name a character with regeneration abilities who can survive without their head to extended periods of time? I'm sure it's a very short list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"