The Mandalorian Chapter Eight Spoiler Thread (Season 1 Finale)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
We have arrived!!! :mrk:

Last edited:
The opening scene with those Scout Troopers was hilarious :funny:

As for the rest of the episode...HOLY S***! :wow:

Episode was jam packed with so much action and emotion setting up season 2 perfectly

To those that watched Rebels, I wonder what was Bo-Katan’s fate since she was last in possession of the Darksaber when Sabine passed it onto her

Speaking of, would be cool to see Sabine pop up in The Mandalorian

Taika be like...

GsalqVA.gif

Episode was jam packed with so much action and emotion setting up season 2 perfectly

To those that watched Rebels, I wonder what was Bo-Katan’s fate since she was last in possession of the Darksaber when Sabine passed it onto her

Sabine clearly gave it to the wrong family, who continually loses control of Mandalore and it's relics. :o

I only have one question (no spoilers) - how is Giancarlo as the villain? Is he memorable?

Thanks

So no Boba Fett.

His name is confirmed as Din Djarin. We saw his face. It's Pedro Pascal's face.

Kuiil and IG-11 are dead.

Greef Karga wants to start things back up on Nevarro with the guild, and he offers Cara Dune a job.

Din earned his signet and now has to guard The Child until he can find its home planet or it's old enough to defend itself.

And Moff Gideon has the Dark Saber.

Also, why would Mando not ****ing check the crash site to make sure that ****er was ash? Stupid. I saw when there was no explosion there was a good chance he'd still be alive.

The Armorer is likely still alive. Some of the covert likely escaped. Some did not.

FYI the Scout troopers were Jason Sudeikis and Adam Pally, at least doing the voices.

Also to be perfectly honest, a lot of what was said in this show this season about Mandalorians sort of conflicts with what was established in Clone Wars and Rebels. Mandalorians were clearly more than just a creed.

There was only one Star Wars finale this week. :cwink:
My bad. I don't know what I was thinking. This is the ONLY Star Wars finale to be released this year. I can't believe Disney put the movies on break to focus on TV shows. Good decision though :o

These last two episodes were so great. Everything about them made Chapters 4 and 5 weaker than they already were. I'm pretty bummed we probably have to wait a year for more. I have faith Season 2 will be good.

FYI the Scout troopers were Jason Sudeikis and Adam Pally, at least doing the voices.

Also to be perfectly honest, a lot of what was said in this show this season about Mandalorians sort of conflicts with what was established in Clone Wars and Rebels. Mandalorians were clearly more than just a creed.
I was confused by this as well. In the most obvious issues is that this was Jon's origin story for Boba before there was an AotC and TCW. So they had to switch it up a bit.

I think they can fudge it. Mainly as we have seen completely different races of Mandos, but clearly there is a bloodline thing. So it can kind of be both. Like being Jewish. :D

One thing I like about this idea is how it sets them up as adversaries of the Jedi. In that they both "recruit". Also I do like how they think they are a bigger deal to the Jedi then they perhaps are. You know, with the Sith. :hehe:

Disney's rolling in that replica lightsaber money.
They already put out the Skywalker lightsaber with the strap and damage. It's beautiful. :atp:

I wonder If perhaps the Mando was wrong about who the not Death Trooper is. Perhaps he is actually an older Mando, who was conscripted into the Imperials, perhaps like the Imperial Super Commandos. And in the process, helped overthrow Bo Katan. I really hope Bo Katan and Sabine are out there. Part of me wonders who the Armorer might secretly be (Bo Katan). Or at least know where they are.

Last edited:
I hope we see more Mandos in season 2.

It is going to be a long, painful wait....

My bad. I don't know what I was thinking. This is the ONLY Star Wars finale to be released this year. I can't believe Disney put the movies on break to focus on TV shows. Good decision though :o

These last two episodes were so great. Everything about them made Chapters 4 and 5 weaker than they already were. I'm pretty bummed we probably have to wait a year for more. I have faith Season 2 will be good.
Resistance Season 1 offend you in someway or something?

They already put out the Skywalker lightsaber with the strap and damage. It's beautiful. :atp:

I wonder If perhaps the Mando was wrong about who the not Death Trooper is. Perhaps he is actually an older Mando, who was conscripted into the Imperials, perhaps like the Imperial Super Commandos. And in the process, helped overthrow Bo Katan. I really hope Bo Katan and Sabine are out there. Part of me wonders who the Armor might secretly be (Bo Katan). Or at least know where they are.
With them throwing in the Darksaber as a hook, I think the chances of seeing Bo Katan or Sabine next season just shot up. Then I guess we've got Boba Fett because I hear the spurs sound effect is his thing, but I honestly never noticed it so I'm going off what other people say there. Bring in all the recognizable Mandos, I'm all for it.

I was confused by this as well. In the most obvious issues is that this was Jon's origin story for Boba before there was an AotC and TCW. So they had to switch it up a bit.

I think they can fudge it. Mainly as we have seen completely different races of Mandos, but clearly there is a bloodline thing. So it can kind of be both. Like being Jewish. :D

One thing I like about this idea is how it sets them up as adversaries of the Jedi. In that they both "recruit". Also I do like how they think they are a bigger deal to the Jedi then they perhaps are. You know, with the Sith. :hehe:

I mean I don't dislike this. I was always fond of the EU idea of Mandos being this creed or collective of individuals rather than a race. Sort of like anti-Jedis. But it still goes against what Dave Filoni established with Clone Wars and Rebels which established Mandalorian hierarchy, houses, clans, vassals, etc. But it's still s a total paradigm shift on what was established for Mandalorians beforehand.

With them throwing in the Darksaber as a hook, I think the chances of seeing Bo Katan or Sabine next season just shot up. Then I guess we've got Boba Fett because I hear the spurs sound effect is his thing, but I honestly never noticed it so I'm going off what other people say there. Bring in all the recognizable Mandos, I'm all for it.

Bo Kotan is useless and clearly was a bad leader. Did Sabine not care about the purge at all? Seems like that would be a traumatizing devastating event for her.

I mean I don't dislike this. I was always fond of the EU idea of Mandos being this creed or collective of individuals rather than a race. Sort of like anti-Jedis. But it still goes against what Dave Filoni established with Clone Wars and Rebels which established Mandalorian hierarchy, houses, clans, vassals, etc. But it's still s a total paradigm shift on what was established for Mandalorians beforehand.
I don't disagree. But it might also be a "purity" thing. Remember this is a foundling explaining the story. Not a member of the Vizsla clan. This kind of talk seems more in like with Obi's girlfriend. Also to be fair, it was Lucas who setup the Mandos with TCW.

I don't disagree. But it might also be a "purity" thing. Remember this is a foundling explaining the story. Not a member of the Vizsla clan. This kind of talk seems more in like with Obi's girlfriend. Also to be fair, it was Lucas who setup the Mandos with TCW.

Well they even had a member of Clan Vizsla. Heavy Infantry Mando was Paz Vizsla.

There could be an explanation here, but I the Lucasfilm brass needs to clarify all this. IE Stormtroopers are enlisted men and not clones.

Also the helmets. We saw the animated Mandos taking off their helmets all the time. Based on Din's description, it's a creed that existed pre-Purge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"