The Mandalorian Chapter Five Spoiler Discussion

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter Five: The Gunslinger

1. So I liked this a lot better then last week. As with all the episodes so far, it was derivative, but like the first three, the execution made it work. Far better paced, far better storytelling, far better character work imo.

2. We are back to a very quite Mando. Good. This week, like last we have him joined by a talker. But this one isn't suppose to be endearing and it works well because of that. The newbie annoyed me, but in a good way. The Mando was able to come off a lot better in their interactions imo.

3. Gizmo has a starship seat!!! :atp:

4. It is weird to me. Some weeks Gizmo looks real as hell, like this one. And then we have stuff like last week, where he didn't imo. Well, more of this please. Also the more he just does new things, whether it is fall asleep or walk around, it just keeps getting cuter and cuter.

5. I like how the ship battle at the start of the episode, had the callback to a classic starship SW death.

6. I like how three episodes after getting his ship stripped for parts, the Mando just left Gizmo alone on it.

7. Tatooine!!! Mos Eisley!!! Pit droids!!! Yeah, I geeked.

8. But not as much as I did when we finally saw someone interact with the Tuskens in a reasonable, non-violent manner. That it was a dude from a warrior race, just made it better imo. The sign language just killed me. I was dead, and I loved it.

9. I have seen a lot of characters in Star Wars. A lot of weird ones. But Amy Sedaris dressed up like Ripley in Alien might be the oddest character I have ever encountered in Star Wars. :funny:

10. Mos Eisley bars have gone from no droids, to droid bartenders. :hehe:

11. Holiday Special nod, of course.

12. I like that the two speeders were different, both in terms of look and sound. Its the little things really.

13. At the end of the episode. Was that the Mando? Was that the Death Trooper leader we saw from the trailers? Is it Boba Fett? I guess we will have to wait and see, but I am happy Ming-Na's character isn't a one off it seems. I liked her and that felt like a bit of a waste if it was her end.

14. My friend thinks the Mando might have a posse by the end of the season, with all the one off characters he is running into. That reminds me of season 5 of Doctor Who, and I'd like that quite a bit.

gK8KUqJ.png

Last edited:
Took me an embarrassing amount of time to recognize Amy Sedaris, lol.

Really enjoyed this one. Seeing Tatooine (and all the iconography that comes with it) on this show was downright surreal. Always great to see Ming-Na, though her role was too short.

Jake Cannavale HAS to be related to Bobby Cannavale. Dem eyebrows, lol.
EDIT: Yep, his son.

There’s a stupid hope in me that the figure at the end was Boba Fett.

I mean, we know his armor was salvaged. Doubt it is actually Fett.

The Mando clearly has a better affinity with Tuskens than he does with Jawas. Nice little episode. A little space battle, which we haven't had yet. Nice to see Pit Droids again. Kinda have to laugh at the cantina being run by droids now. I guess Jabba's torture droids had to find something to do. Glad Ming-na Wen survived and is clearly foreshadowed to return. Noobie went out like he should have.

90% sure that the mysterious figure at the end was Esposito's character Moff Gideon, guessing the Empire has decided to do the job themselves after the bounty guild failed repeatedly.

Yep the logical side of my brain was saying that’s Esposito’s character at the end. The fanboy side of my brain was out on a limb saying Boba?! Haha

Was that a repaired R5 hanging out in the infamous Cantina Bar?

-I thought this was better than the last episode (still enjoyed that one, though). Still doing a side quest while also maintaining the momentum and thrust of the other episodes. Filoni definitely took the lessons on what he learned from his first episode, applied them here and improved on them. It definitely shows. Much more cinematic looking, tighter and better paced.

-Seeing Tatooine in a different light and setting was pretty surreal. This time around, it almost felt like a ghost town.

-I swear I’ve seen the costume the rookie bounty hunter was wearing in some old Han Solo concept art. lol

-Pretty sure Ming-Na’s character isn’t dead.

Also, don’t know what a lot of the commenters on Birth.Movies.Death (especially that LawrenceQuint guy) are smoking. This show is pretty quality. Can’t take the opinions of people on a site that purports to have excellent taste in and to be the vanguards of high quality cinema, but mostly actually just love glorified, B-movie schlock.

-I thought this was better than the last episode (still enjoyed that one, though). Still doing a side quest while also maintaining the momentum and thrust of the other episodes. Filoni definitely took the lessons on what he learned from his first episode, applied them here and improved on them. It definitely shows. Much more cinematic looking, tighter and better paced.

-Seeing Tatooine in a different light and setting was pretty surreal. This time around, it almost felt like a ghost town.

-I swear I’ve seen the costume the rookie bounty hunter was wearing in some old Han Solo concept art. lol

-Pretty sure Ming-Na’s character isn’t dead.

Also, don’t know what a lot of the commenters on Birth.Movies.Death (especially that LawrenceQuint guy) are smoking. This show is pretty quality. Can’t take the opinions of people on a site that purports to have excellent taste in and to be the vanguards of high quality cinema, but mostly actually just love glorified, B-movie schlock.

Personally, I see a lot more of the Trolls and Passing Tourists being more vocal about taking shots/ trashing on the show now. Especially the last few episodes.

Also, the seeding of the fake "SJW" people as being legitimate voices of complaint. The examples i seen come off as almost intentionally bad, or people who really, really are ignorant to a subject/ intellectual property to have an opinion to make on it. Cannot emphasize the almost unintentionally telling of misinformation.

Also when I see mentions of SJW's, White Knights, and Kathleen Kennedy being demonized in video/ written opinion... out the airlock post haste, not interested. Just cannot take those peoples opinions seriously. Tried, cannot handle conspiracy agenda Alex Jones Sweaty Beefy Alpha Male" babble anymore.

I enjoyed this episode as well and I was honestly worried I wouldn't after all the negativity I was hearing about it this morning. It had a great pacing to it throughout and that opening chase was pretty dope IMO. I have to say though that the Amy Sedaris character wasn't really working for me and her first couple of lines came off kind of cringey. Bobby Cannavale's son was easily the worst part of this episode though, and know matter how much I like his father as an actor that guy gave me nothing but Hayden Christensen from the prequels vibes the whole time he was on screen. Seriously, I thought he was that wooden of an actor.

Ming-Na was pretty badass in this episode though and I kind of hope this isn't the last we see of her, but who knows at this point. I also think that was definitely Giancarlo Esposito’s character at the end since we haven't been introduced to him yet, but it looks like we will be in the next episode which I couldn't be happier for.

It could be Giancarlo Esposito’s character though I feel like that’s a little weird. His character is a Grand Moff of the Imperial Remnant with his own collection of Death Troopers, so I’m not sure what he’d be doing out there on his own searching for a bounty. Seems like a job for his troops. We’ve also seen him already in the trailers so I’m not sure why they’d try to hide his appearance in the show. There’s no reveal there, it’s just a new character.

Plus...it’s Tatooine, last known place of Boba Fett. It had the spur sound effect from ESB, and the character himself has hung over this series like a shroud. It just makes sense that he’d be the endgame foe for the Mando this season.

It could be Giancarlo Esposito’s character though I feel like that’s a little weird. His character is a Grand Moff of the Imperial Remnant with his own collection of Death Troopers, so I’m not sure what he’d be doing out there on his own searching for a bounty. Seems like a job for his troops. We’ve also seen him already in the trailers so I’m not sure why they’d try to hide his appearance in the show. There’s no reveal there, it’s just a new character.

Plus...it’s Tatooine, last known place of Boba Fett. It had the spur sound effect from ESB, and the character himself has hung over this series like a shroud. It just makes sense that he’d be the endgame foe for the Mando this season.

I was thinking Moff Gideon was the endgame foe (and Herzog is still alive, presumably), but you could be right.

Could be Boba under the employ of Gideon? Fighting Mando with Mando

Giancarlo Esposito and Temura Morrison look enough alike that I wonder if this Grand Moff role is just a cover for a big spoiler.

Good episode. Not my favorite, but it was still enjoyable. A little goofy in the beginning, but ah well.

I'm down with that being Boba at the end. That would be dope. Have a showdown with Boba and Mando for the finale would be lit.

Yep the logical side of my brain was saying that’s Esposito’s character at the end. The fanboy side of my brain was out on a limb saying Boba?! Haha
Could be a bait and switch, and likely is the intro of Moff Gideon, although the episode is absolutely encouraging us to think of Fett (almost to much).
Staging it on Tatoine, last place we saw him. The dune sea. Mando directly referencing one of Fett's few but classic lines "He's no good to me dead." with "she's no good to us dead". Rivalry foreshadowed in the "That's my line" opening of the episode.
And of course the spurs sound.

And although "The Gunslinger" title references the narrative of the whole story, it also may highlight specifically who shows up the last scene. Fett was the SWU's ultimate nod to Eastwood and Leone's lone Gunslinger.
Like for others here, they've wonderfully led my fanboy anticipation, right down that path.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"