The Mandalorian Chapter Nine Spoiler Discussion (Season 2 Premiere)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Chapter IX: The Marshal
2SMMGvK.jpg

- It was kind of funny to see the show return on a "one off" adventure. Though of course it wasn't just that by the end, was it? :cwink:

- Fav is every bit the old school Star Wars fan he claims to be. It was all over the episode and I loved it.
- The opening was really fun. I quite liked the use of the Mando's helmet in combat. Though I will say, I spent way too much of the episode trying to figure out who the boss man was at the start. Realizing it was John Wick's car guy had me slapping my head. Not fair! :p
- Seeing US Deputy Marshal Raylan Givens playing Tatooine Marshal Raylan Givens is one of my 10 favorite Star Wars things ever. They weren't even trying to hide it and I nearly died during all the obvious references. Between this and The Good Place, nice to see my favorite show of all time get some of it's due. :D

- I love, love, love how they treat Mandalorian armor on this show. It's special. That Raylan used it to protect the town like a magical sword and shield is exactly the kind of mythos I like in my Star Wars.

- I have made so many jokes about the armor being to small for Raylan, and I was so happy that it actually was. His tiny head was hilarious. :funny:

- The mismatched rocket killed me. It really is the little things. :applaud

gecRb93.jpg

- Canon krayt dragon in live action and it was glorious! :atp:
- It's funny, last season I was so certain the mudhorn would be a krayt dragon, and then boom season 2 premiere, we have one! Of course Fav saved it for his episode. :p
- It seems Anakin's podracer engine is STILL WORKING! :hehe:

- Speaking Tusken will never get old.

- Were the Tusken dogs from Fallen Order and/or Solo? They looked familiar to me.

- The episode jumping from small town cowboy flick to straight up Dune is the most Star Wars thing ever.

- Gizmo did not have much to do this episode. He almost kind of felt missing in action. That said, his adorable moments, were rather adorable. Like him hiding in the pot. :hrt:

- Someone has been playing Monster Hunter World. :o

- But seriously, the battle with the krayt dragon was pretty amazing. You could see the budget limitations, but they still made it work brilliantly imo. The dragon was so intimidating and came off appropriately massive. It was truly an accomplishment to take it down.

- Obi-Wan taught he krayt dragon well. He took the high ground at the first sign of trouble.

- Then the Mando did.

m401rjP.jpg

- We just saw Fav's original idea for this show, or at least some of it imo. How Boba would have survived and escaped the pit (krayt dragon acid and sarlacc acid have to be of a similar level of it burns), his armor going missing, living among the Tuskens, etc. Mando was living out Boba's story, or at least how Fav originally intended it, imo.

- I want to know how the Jawas got the armor. We have theories. Did Boba sell it to them, for safe passage? Did they rip it off his near dead body, the way they tore up the Razorcrest last season? I am so curious to find out.

- I was not expecting Raylan to give up the armor. Mainly as I thought Mando would refuse it. Seeing he'd need it to protect the town. But then came the obvious hook. I knew he'd show up at the end of the episode. After all, it was hinted he was still on the planet at the end of last season. But now that he's found his armor, or at least where it is headed, it looks like Ole Dent Helmet now has a reason to leave the planet and meet up with the Mando. :mrk:

- Also no way that wasn't Boba imo. Even forgetting the entire episode's build up to it, all the other clones are older then that now, so unless they want to mess up canon bad, it has to be him imo.

- I am curious if the hook this season for each episode is that the Mando is going to keep on running into other Mandos. Hence the chance of Bo, Sabine, etc.

- Honestly, while I did enjoy the episode, it wasn't one of my favorites. I loved a bunch of little things and I geeked out like mad over them, but overall the episode felt a little too, "welcome back" for me. That said, the little things I loved, I did absolutely love. From Raylan to Boba, that is the kind of stuff I come back for.

Next week, we finally hit double digits! Until then, adios space cowboys. :boba:

WOfJp3r.jpg

P.S. Thank you Snow Queen for the lovely screencaps. :atp:

Last edited:
No need for spoiler tags in the spoiler thread. :D

It's clearly Boba imo. He's too young to be another clone, plus he has the scars and saw his armor taken. We also saw how the armor could survive the acid of a krayt dragon, so probably easily could survive the sarlacc's stomach acid. I also think t he shot of the Mando flying out is clearly Fav's take on Boba escaping the sarlacc imo.

Last edited:
The episode was a bit more standalone than I expected the premiere to be, but welcome back indeed. This is the way. Some obvious hints in this pilot that Mando isn't the right person to be a parent, but that's probably a thematic thread this season. The "should a child be seeing this" stuff was pretty obvious. :D

Edit: one thing I will say, is that WB will be happy they moved Dune to next year now. Seeing Disney do Sandworms and shields a few weeks before the release of Dune would've stung.

Last edited:
It took a year, but for first time on Disney+, I was actually able to watch something exactly at midnight. Was that the same for anyone else?

It took a year, but for first time on Disney+, I was actually able to watch something exactly at midnight. Was that the same for anyone else?
The internet told me that due to daylight saving being wonky in the US this episode was one hour earlier than it'll be next week.

I hope every episode is this length!

What a great episode. I loved how they made the Tusken Raiders similar to Native Americans or indigenous people. I found it very uplifting that Djarin was able to broker a peace between the Mos Pelgo settlers and the Mandalorian. By the end of the episode Cobb Vanth accepted the drink he rejected and threw away earlier.

A few things:

* Loved the scene where Djarin rides into Mos Pelgo. It was like a scene right out of Yojimbo or a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western.
* Music was epic and on point this week, but it usually is.
* Aftermath books are now already retconned. Cobb Vanth's backstory was similar but totally different in Aftermath. He wasn't rescued from the desert by jawas and he didn't get the armor that way, unless he made that story up, but why would he? Also, Mos Pelgo was renamed FREETOWN in the books. But they kept it as Mos Pelgo here.
* First live action depiction of an actual Krayt Dragon right? We saw its skeleton in A New Hope, but I don't think it's ever been shown in a live action motion picture. Unless it was in Clone Wars?
* I heard the pearl in the Krayt Dragon is something that used to be used as a resource in Star Wars Galaxies (The MMO) for trading.
* Din Djarin used the same trick on Boba Fett's jetpack with Cobb Vanth that Han Solo did to make him blast off. A neat reference to the sail barge fight in Return of the Jedi.
* The Mandalorian was really the first major Star Wars story to flesh out the Tusken Raiders and show them more than just savage raiders. As Din Djarin says, "Tuskens think they're the locals. Everyone else is just trespassing."

When you can put aside your differences and find common ground with another person or group of people you can accomplish great things together. A great message for this episode.

Last edited:
The episode was a bit more standalone than I expected the premiere to be, but welcome back indeed. This is the way. Some obvious hints in this pilot that Mando isn't the right person to be a parent, but that's probably a thematic thread this season. The "should a child be seeing this" stuff was pretty obvious. :D

Edit: one thing I will say, is that WB will be happy they moved Dune to next year now. Seeing Disney do Sandworms and shields a few weeks before the release of Dune would've stung.

Not a sandworm, a Krayt Dragon ;)

Yeah, I think it's a smart move to restrict The Child's screentime. For sake of longevity, this show will have to learn how to work without it, and oversaturation wouldn't help, Thanks for the heads up!

We don't want The Child to become Slimer from Real Ghostbusters. Basically, Slimer was so popular they practically made the show about him.

We don't want The Child to become Slimer from Real Ghostbusters. Basically, Slimer was so popular they practically made the show about him.
Agreed! It's called The Mandalorian after all. Though I think the whole 'branch out to include other Mandalorians' thing is very smart. This way we get to have our cake and eat it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"