The Mandalorian Chapter Sixteen Spoiler Discussion

DASH_1080.mp4

I think it at least partially is about Bo's own traditional beliefs.

If Bo-Katan was purely pragmatic, then she could just say she took the Darksaber from Gideon herself, and nobody outside of the few people on the bridge of Gideon's ship need to know any differently.

Cara and Fennec don't care about Mandalorian internal politics, and Din already freely offered it to her, so who's going to contradict her except maybe Gideon, and who would believe his word against Bo's?

At one time I thought Mando would just cut Gideon restrains, toss him the saber and let Bo fight him.

I need to re-watch that episode of Rebels because I was sure Sabine also just handed Bo Katan the dark sabre and it wasn't a big deal.

I liked the episode overall, and as cool as it was to see Luke with his green sabre and how giddy that made me...I still wish it had been Ezra that showed up because the prospect of him and Thrawn at this point is more interesting to me. I really hope that Grogu doesn't stay with Luke long, and finds his way back into Mando's life next season.

Everyone kept tweeting about how they should just cast Sebastian Stan as younger Luke if they're going to keep him around, and I kind of agree. That CGI was too uncanny valley for me.
Sabine giving Bo the saber may be the very reason she lost it. Another Mandalorian, or even Gideon, may have used that to call her claim false.

I was sitting there the whole scene thinking about how they're pulling this whole "you must beat me in combat for it" thing when Rebels prominently just handed it straight over... but I do think they tried to fanangle that one a bit. Gideon talks about how it's the story, not the Darksaber, that really matters, that gets people to follow the holder. So it's possible the idea is that, after that scene, the clans didn't really end up following her in the long run because she hadn't earned the Darksaber the traditional way.
That's a good point that I haven't considered.

Still,she could've just knocked it out of Din's hand to get around it. " :funny:

rewatched the episode again last night and I teared up again. Absolutely masterful work by FIloni and Favreau. The best Star Wars has been in 40 years.

I think it might be the best piece of on-screen Star Wars content I've seen since the Disney era began.

Watching Vader mow down some fools was also pretty awesome. If we are comparing just single moments

I like the last third of RO quite a bit, but the movie before that has some major problems. I love a good bit of The Last Jedi (at least the Luke/Rey/Kylo portions) and there are a handful of Rebels episodes that I'd consider masterful, but when I praise this particular episode of this show I mean it holistically, as an individual story and as the conclusion of a larger eight-episode story. It excels better than maybe anything else I've see thus far as a whole piece.

Sabine giving Bo the sabre may be the very reason she lost it. Another Mandalorian, or even Gideon, may have used that to call her claim false.
I did think it seemed odd in Rebels that Sabine could just casually pass it on to Bo, after how they'd talked about the weapon prior. It makes sense that trying to use the Darksaber to assert her right to rule wasn't particularly successful, I'm guessing that's why she reacted so strongly here and why Gideon said "pretender" the way he did.

Sabine giving Bo the sabre may be the very reason she lost it. Another Mandalorian, or even Gideon, may have used that to call her claim false.
That was my first thought as well. The way Katee played that scene was with a “I’ve been here before” kind of weariness, imo, like she really wishes she could just take it from Din, but knows from her prior experience exactly how that would go with her people.

My favorite Disney SW content thus far is Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

I would say TFA, but what comes after ****s it up for me.
I feel exactly the same. Rogue One and The Mandalorian are top notch

I liked TFA when it first came out. But ever since TLJ, just knowing what comes after, kinda kills the enjoyment out of that movie

The only people that know Din ever had the sabre are on that bridge. Din doesn't care, Cara doesn't care, Bo's long time friend isn't likely to blackmail her, Fennec has her own plans, and Gideon can be killed. Shoot Gideon in the face so he can't tell anyone, and take the sabre. Or Din can leave it behind and Bo can either get over it and take it or leave it behind.

I love Din’s reaction to this, he’s so disinterested in the drama, he just wants the kid and to leave.

So the wrestling moves are another reason they got Sasha Banks in. That was awesome haha.

We already knew S3 was happening as it was officially confirmed a while back, it’s just become unclear in the last 24 hours what S3 would be.

We already knew S3 was happening as it was officially confirmed a while back, it’s just become unclear in the last 24 hours what S3 would be.
Book of Boba has to be a spinoff. If that replaced Din for season 3 I think it would be a very unpopular move (not that people wouldn't watch it, they just wouldn't like it at all).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"