The Mandalorian Chapter Ten Spoiler Discussion

I thought the episode was just ok. Not far above average but I didn’t hate it. Honestly the Child eating the eggs thing bothered me. It was fine the first gag, maybe even had they made the joke like they did when Mando was getting them out of the hot spring. They made her so sympathetic though and made a point to say her species was endangered. Why keep going with the joke?

I think people, especially fans of genre TV, want a more serialized format, that they forget how to enjoy the episodic format.

Good to see the Knobby White Spider in live action. Quite fun with the Alien reference.

This.

The episode was worth it alone for seeing Ralph McQuarrie’s concept art come to life after so many decades.

nkthw0iza9651.jpg

I'm fine with standalone episodes. They are good opportunity to do something unique with the property outside of the main narrative, but the story was weak and it felt like there was no pay off to anything.

Mando didn't really struggle to get the ship out of there despite saying he thought they were screwed, it was just the frog lady wandering off that put them in danger and slowed them down. Same with Ayoade's cameo and baby Yoda eating the eggs. There should have been more development with the story, but for the most part nothing happens.

Love the nod to McQuarrie's albino spider. Not sure it was enough to hinge an episode on. Although, he's still got to deliver the frog lady.
If we're leaving the tremendous season 2 opener reveal hanging on a huge cliff, thought it better be to move on to something spectacular, this was not it. :funny:
Yoby was a bit hellion this episode, should have at least had him Dagobah nod lift the ship out of the snow.

Last edited:
Like others have said, I did not find it funny at all when the Child kept eating the eggs, but then again, I don't think he is all that super cute and funny like the rest of the world seems to think. On top of that I find the mechanic Lady totally obnoxious so I guess it's just a matter of Favreu having a different kind of humor to mine.
Other than that though it was a fun episode.

So why didn't they arrest him at the end?
Because they had taken the time to fully check him out while they were searching for him. Something they hadn't done when he chose to run. It was luck or the will of the Force that he crossed paths with two pilots that were willing to let him go rather than following procedure. He can't just assume people will understand his situation, sympathize, or turn a blind eye.

I disliked this episode on many levels.

Was it the worst thing ever?

No.

But it suffered a lot from just generally being very unfocused, even lazy in some ways. And it had a lot of the short comings of the show on full display, not least of which is... I'm sorry but I love the idea of Baby Yoda. I was excited as anyone in the season one reveal of it. The Lone Wolf And Cub in the SW universe is a fantastic concept and I really enjoyed the previous season. However the "cute" use of Baby Yo is starting to chafe now. Also... I'm sorry if this offends but while the puppet is a great puppet and it's very expressive and obviously quite the complicated creation... It's never not looked like a puppet. Which is to say, it really stands out on screen that it's a special effect. This was really showcased also in the female alien Mando was taking to meet her mate. Her and Yo just looked fake this episode. Nothing was fooling my eyes. In a reverse of the Internet zeitgiest on this the CGI looked better than the "practical" effects. In fact obvious puppetry was on full display with the insect alien at the cantina as well.

Compounding all that was how just... What was I supposed to learn or be entertained by exactly in this story? The comedy with Baby Yo and the eggs fell very flat to me. It's one thing to have him slurping up rando amphibians that may be hopping around. It's another to try and make the eating of a desperate mother's eggs into somehting they assume we are all going to find adorable. It wasn't. It wasn't even awkwardly funny it was just and odd and off putting bit for me.

And randomness and unfocused make to many appearances in the series. I hoped it would be a lot less meandering having gotten to a second season. But it feels like this will be similar to the previous season. I enjoyed almost all the episodes but looking on it clearly I think the progression of the story is painfully slow. You almost could cut out all the middle episodes and just have eps 12 and 7 and 8 and honestly, you wouldn't miss much in terms of the story. I was hoping for a lot more.

This season's first episode was fun and exciting and made us ask some questions, along with of course the big Oh **** moment at the end. Pulling a "Hey... Let's wait a few episodes to get back to you know who" especially if the episodes inbetween Mando interacting with Morrison are like this, fluffy filler that doesn't do much will disappoint.

And before anyone says it, yeah, I'm pretty sure just like last season they will bring back some elements or characters in this and future episodes will probably come back in the back half of the season. I'm sure you can't just skip the middle.

I think there are ways to do that though and still be entertaining and move your larger arc and characters forward more with each chapter.

Good episode, but i can't help to think that we have got 6 episodes left and we still haven't seen Cara, Greef, progression of the Boba Fett storyline, continuation of Moff Gideon's Dark Saber storyline or the introduction of Ahsoka Tano.

I thought that with so much stuff yet to happen, there would be less emphasis on "filler" episodes.

Still, The Mandalorian filler episodes are usually much better than many other TV shows out there.

Gizmo running to Mando after being taken hostage was so precious. He wanted his papa.:hrt:

And am I to assume Gizmo was speaking his species' language? I thought he was just speaking baby gibberish at first, but I think there was a syntax and Mando was responding like he understood Gizmo's words.

Last edited:
Good episode, but i can't help to think that we have got 6 episodes left and we still haven't seen Cara, Greef, progression of the Boba Fett storyline, continuation of Moff Gideon's Dark sabre storyline or the introduction of Ahsoka Tano.

I thought that with so much stuff yet to happen, there would be less emphasis on "filler" episodes.
I'm getting concerned that Gideon and Ahsoka won't be making an appearance until episode 7 and 8.

Gizmo running to Mando after being taken hostage was so precious. He wanted his papa.:hrt:

And am I to assume Gizmo was speaking his species' language? I thought he was just speaking baby gibberish at first, but I think there was a syntax and Mando was responding like he understood Gizmo's words.

Yobaby seemed way more talkative than he's ever been and yeah, it sounded less like baby gibberish and closer to a language.

Like others have said, I did not find it funny at all when the Child kept eating the eggs, but then again, I don't think he is all that super cute and funny like the rest of the world seems to think. On top of that I find the mechanic Lady totally obnoxious so I guess it's just a matter of Favreu having a different kind of humor to mine.
Other than that though it was a fun episode.

I like The Child but I agree that Amy Sedaris’ character is obnoxious.

I'm fine with standalone episodes. They are good opportunity to do something unique with the property outside of the main narrative, but the story was weak and it felt like there was no pay off to anything.

Mando didn't really struggle to get the ship out of there despite saying he thought they were screwed, it was just the frog lady wandering off that put them in danger and slowed them down. Same with Ayoade's cameo and baby Yoda eating the eggs. There should have been more development with the story, but for the most part nothing happens.

I felt like the use of Zero was foreshadowing to possibly seeing him again later.

She's also always way too conveniently eager to help, imo. Her first episode, she was the type to demand something in return. Now? Plot/exposition device.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of that character. I swear it feels like she's from a completely different show everytime she shows up and the humor with her is just as bad as it was last season. It was almost cringe worthy IMO and I am just hoping we see more familiar characters already or more new ones at least like Timothy Olyphant who I actually wanted to spend more time with.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who isn't a fan of that character. I swear it feels like she's from a completely different show everytime she shows up and the humor with her is just as bad as it was last season. It was almost cringe worthy IMO and I am just hoping we see more familiar characters already or more new ones at least like Timothy Olyphant who I actually wanted to spend more time with.

I liked Olyphant’s whole backstory.

It's crazy that she is the most recurring side character.

I thought the episode was alright. It's not winning any wards but it was fine filler to me. I'll agree the egg eating thing is....problematic. But otherwise I loved the X-wing chase and battle with the spiders.

Was I the only one who thought there would be a whompa in the cave though?

Last edited:
I thought the episode was alright. It winning any wards but it was fine filler to me. I'll agree the egg eating thing is....problematic. But otherwise I loved the X-wing chase and battle with the spiders.

Was I the only one who thought there would be a whompa in the cave though?

I admit some part of me was thinking how cool it would have been for him to go looking for the Frog Woman and all of a sudden she comes running screaming around the corner with a Whompa after her.

I admit some part of me was thinking how cool it would have been for him to go looking for the Frog Woman and all of a sudden she comes running screaming around the corner with a Whompa after her.

I suppose the whompa might have been just a little too much nostalgia? If there's a meter for that, X-wings and old school sound effects eat that right up.

She's also always way too conveniently eager to help, imo. Her first episode, she was the type to demand something in return. Now? Plot/exposition device.
We gotta remember how she came into Mando's orbit though. He saved her life and gave her WAY more money than she was owed in her first appearance. She's shady, but loyal and grateful.

I agree... There's not much to her but I think as a supporting character she's fine and so far it makes sense how they use her to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"