Characters that should be left alone

Chris Wallace

LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...
Reaction score
By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask

I agree with all of those. I'll add:

Indiana Jones
Jason Bourne

I suspect that by placing this thread in the Misc. Comics movies forum he's talking about comics characters.

Darn... that's what I get for only looking at threads via the "new posts" button.

All the more reason to, don't you think?

No character should ever be left alone all it takes is a good vision

I agree.

Every character has great potential to make it in film. If someone's willing to give a character another shot, I say go for it.

Agreed :up:

Unless you think that the film versions of these characters and their worlds are the best that they possibly could of made then I don't think they need to be left alone.

Steel and Ghost Rider got pretty weak movies in my opinion. Better directors, writers, studios and actors could do far better with those characters than we got.

Chris Wallace, I heavily disagree with The Mask.

I really enjoyed the Jim Carrey version, but I would like to see something closer to the comics.

As for Ghost Rider and The Crow.

Ghost Rider should be left alone because I really don't think the general audience gives a **** about the character, even if they were to make a film for him that was a lot better than what we've been given so far.

With The Crow, I don't think they should touch it because I think the first film was damn good, saw it twice in one day when it was first released. Not only did I find the film to be great, but I think it's much better than the comic.

Nothing should be off limits.

Just because Hollywood screws up doesn't mean we retire those characters.

Some day someone gifted might have some great plans for them.

By this I mean there should simply be NO further attempts at making any more movies about them. SOme of mine would be:
Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask

I disagree with pretty much all of these EXCEPT for The Crow...I honestly can't see a remake being any better than the original. The other ones could very well be rebooted and be massively better than the original.

And I've just never heard of Vampirella, haha.

Could we mention villains as well? Because off the top of my head, I'll bring up Venom and Lizard just because they were given poor adaptions and I don't want to see them show up again for a long, long time.

Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask
I honestly don't care about any of those characters,so if they never made another film,no big loss.

Although,I might give GR one more shot.Let Cage have a trilogy.:o

In order to have a trilogy he'd have to get a sequel, which he hasn't and shouldn't.

In order to have a trilogy he'd have to get a sequel, which he hasn't and shouldn't.

Are you talking about Ghost Rider with Nic Cage? Because there have been two Ghost Rider films with Nic Cage.

Yah, there are two Ghost Rider films already.

Lol, maybe just Chris doesn't want to admit that there's been two GR films with Nic Cage?

Batman. Let some other DC guys shine.

This has been tried with Jonah Hex and Green Lantern, but failed terribly. Maybe after Man of Steel, other DC properties can be given much more respectful treatments.

Last edited:
Deadpool. Ive personally never found him interesting. His "humor" gets old fast and his depth of character is as shallow as a puddle. One brief appearance in a terrible movie was enough.

All characters should have a chance at a good movie. Just because some of these guys had a bad movie, that's no reason to abandon them....that's the main reason they need a new one.

Ghost Rider
Spawn
Steel
Vampirella
Blade
The Crow
The Mask

dude... I agree with maybe a few, (The Crow, The Mask, Blade) but only to an extent. Don't you think the rest should be redone so that they may be done WELL, at least one time in cinema?

Now, granted, no further attempts should be made to make Ghost Rider by Sony/Nicolas Cage. But with good scripts, effects, bigger budgets, better actors... These characters deserve to be done justice.

I think you are closer with characters like Batman. Because they have already been done perfectly and we will always have the Nolan films to go back to and love our dark knight.

All characters should have a chance at a good movie. Just because some of these guys had a bad movie, that's no reason to abandon them....that's the main reason they need a new one.

That's why I still wonder why someone brings up The Crow. I feel like a reboot will never be better at all.

Spawn should definitely get another chance on film. A lot of potential there.

I mostly think that the studios should give these characters a rest until they've done all the A-list characters properly. I'm still shocked that there's been 3 Blade movies, 2 Ghost Riders, 3 Punishers, and a Spawn movie all before there's even been anything beyond talk for a Flash or Wonder Woman movie.

I mostly think that the studios should give these characters a rest until they've done all the A-list characters properly. I'm still shocked that there's been 3 Blade movies, 2 Ghost Riders, 3 Punishers, and a Spawn movie all before there's even been anything beyond talk for a Flash or Wonder Woman movie.
Thats because those characters are spread across multiple studios. If DC characters were held by different studios then they would have films by now.

DC characters outside of Batman and Superman are not a priority for WB sadly. WB unwillingness utilize those characters shouldn't inhibit other studios from making movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"