Sequels Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

I really really want ti see MS start going non Avengers. I want a true MCU and not an ACU.

Yeah but its still connected because if Thanos. I want like a Dr. Strange solo or Heroes for Hire. They're in the same universe but doing things that have nothing to do with Avengers.

Yeah but its still connected because if Thanos. I want like a Dr. Strange solo or Heroes for Hire. They're in the same universe but doing things that have nothing to do with Avengers.
Isn't everyone eventually connected because of Thanos? I would imagine that whenever they do an Infinity Gauntlet saga, they'd want to show its magnitude by impacting every corner of the MCU thus far explored.

Anyway, I know what you mean, and I generally agree. And if they want to sell the idea that these non-Avenger characters are in the same universe as the Avengers, they will still need to name-drop/cross over somehow, while RDJ and co. are still playing their respective Avengers roles.

Just pipe-dreaming here, but I'd *really* like to see Marvel Studios branch out and create a smaller sub-studio for their "street level" heroes. It's a damn shame to see them languishing, without any talk of even scripts yet, let alone casting and filming. Most of them could be made "on the cheap" for 30-50 million bucks, and back in Avi's day, they had originally planned to supplement their big-budget tentpole flicks with these kinds of movies. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Cloak & Dagger, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Mockingbird, Jessica Jones --- all of these are *potentially* part of the Marvel Studios roster, and could easily establish their own "Marvel Knights" imprint that acts primarily outside the circle of the bigger "Avengers Universe."

Just pipe-dreaming here, but I'd *really* like to see Marvel Studios branch out and create a smaller sub-studio for their "street level" heroes. It's a damn shame to see them languishing, without any talk of even scripts yet, let alone casting and filming. Most of them could be made "on the cheap" for 30-50 million bucks, and back in Avi's day, they had originally planned to supplement their big-budget tentpole flicks with these kinds of movies. Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Blade, Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Cloak & Dagger, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Mockingbird, Jessica Jones --- all of these are *potentially* part of the Marvel Studios roster, and could easily establish their own "Marvel Knights" imprint that acts primarily outside the circle of the bigger "Avengers Universe."
Yeah, it sounds like Marvel Studios would have to add on quite a few more people to their organization before they could venture into something like that. Apparently MS does a ton of work per person on each and every movie's production, and they're already of putting out more than two movies a year. They may be working towards that, but I think they have to show some sustainability with their current plans before they could do something like that. On the other had, it was their Marvel One-Shots would be perhaps the avenue for street-level heroes like the ones you mentioned. Item 47 was about 12 minutes long was apparently their most ambitious One-Shot yet. Maybe that will expand.

Exactly, this is what I mean. You can have these characters in the same universe thru name dropping or interaction but still not have to do with what the Avengers are doing.

I really want some New Avengers turning up in future films.

I think Ms Marvel and Black Panther would be fantastic. Wasp and Ant Man as well. More female characters are a must IMO. I didn't like how Black Widow was the only female member of the team in the first film. Not counting Maria Hill as she is SHIELD.

Well, technically, Black Widow is part of S.H.I.E.L.D. too.

I think we will see Maria Hill developed further in the future movies. I'd rather them develop already existing characters before trying to introduce brand new ones. There is a lot that they can do with Maria Hill too.

Exactly, this is what I mean. You can have these characters in the same universe thru name dropping or interaction but still not have to do with what the Avengers are doing.
Very true. This actually worked pretty well in Thor when they name-dropped Stark without distracting from the story. It was, of course, SHIELD's more major involvement that predominantly helped bring Thor into the same universe as Iron Man, but the mention of Stark was a fun bit for fans.

Is Leslie Mann too old to play Mockingbird?

Once again...

1. Black Panther
2. Hank Pym
3. Ultron (or Kang)
4. Wasp
5. Vision

Incredible Hans said:
Since Garfield said he wishes to be in Avengers 2 as Spider-Man... do you think it will happen?

Spider-Man actually played a role in the Avengers dealing with Thanos back in the day, so involving Spider-Man is a nod to the comics. It can't do anything but help both parties. Sure, there'd be a lot of paperwork and some concessions, but it's improbable, not impossible. If Marvel wanted to try to top themselves, this would be one way to do it, but it may come down to egos between Disney and Sony. It could be a headache, or it could be easier than we realized, although Marvel is in a situation where they might not feel they need to do it at this point. They have a team of superheroes they can milk at the movies like cows, and with the bandwagon rolling, they don't need to come to the table. Fans would love it, sure, but it's not like fans are refusing to see The Avengers because Spider-Man isn't in it.

Last edited:
Just gonna say this...

scaled.php

That's Wanda.

For Avengers 2, I think they can just add Ant-Man and Wasp and I'll be happy. And if they fit Black Panther into 2015 before Avengers, they can include him as well.

For Avengers 3 I'd like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and Ms. Marvel.

Plus, if Marvel is planning on Thanos being the big finale for the current MCU cast, I would imagine them wanting to pull in as many heroes as they can to stop him, as the current roster wouldn't be able to do it.

I can see Marvel, Sony and Disney seeing the sense in joining together and sharing Spidey.

For Avengers 2, I think they can just add Ant-Man and Wasp and I'll be happy. And if they fit Black Panther into 2015 before Avengers, they can include him as well.

For Avengers 3 I'd like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, and Ms. Marvel.

Plus, if Marvel is planning on Thanos being the big finale for the current MCU cast, I would imagine them wanting to pull in as many heroes as they can to stop him, as the current roster wouldn't be able to do it.

Yeah like I said earlier, how could Black Widow and Hawkeye honestly harm Thanos without it being PIS.

No idea, but that hasn't affected them in the comics. The Avengers fight all sorts of super strong foes, but characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow stayed on the team.

A character to watch out for is Crystal.

Especially if Marvel is serious about that Inhumans movie

..besides Loki, there wasn't much in the way of villains.. just the generic Chitauri horde and possessed human slaves of Loki..

I hope the next film has some distinct super-criminals in the mix.. even if relative unknowns are hired to play them..

No idea, but that hasn't affected them in the comics. The Avengers fight all sorts of super strong foes, but characters like Hawkeye and Black Widow stayed on the team.

This isn't the comics, people won't accept those types of things in live action movies because they're nonsensical.

Even if you add a dozen hugely powerful heroes, they wouldn't be able to beat Thanos through brute force. I really think that's the wrong way of looking at it. They have to beat him through other means.

And Hawkeye and Widow may not be all that powerful, but that's the point. They're the regular people, the humans, amongst all these gods and aliens and monsters. A team of Thor and Hulk and 6 of Marvel's other most powerful heroes would be boring as sin. You need the different perspectives, the different capabilities, the different strengths and weaknesses, the different personalities.

Plus, knowing you amount to essentially nothing and still giving every ounce you have is in some ways a more heroic act than slinging your awesome hammer at a bad guy's face or blasting them with your awesome suit of armor. That's a theme Whedon's explored in some of his other work that really seems to strike a chord with him. (And would tie in perfectly with one of the two nobly sacrificing their life at some point.)

BigThor said:
Yeah like I said earlier, how could Black Widow and Hawkeye honestly harm Thanos without it being PIS.

There's nothing in the US arsenal that could harm Thanos. This dude takes blasts from the Surfer full in the face without flinching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"