Sequels Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

But then casual audiences would think that TAS is part of the MCU and would wonder why he then can't appear in the Avengers with the others as part of the team. A lot of the general audience don't know who owns what, and don't necessarily realise that the Avengers is an actual team. They might just think that Marvel decided to throw all their existing film heroes together into one movie and not that there are specific people who form part of the team. It's just a team up movie to them.

To be fair, even dedicated comic book geeks would ask the same question, considering that Spidey has been an official Avenger for almost the past decade.

In my opinion we don't need Spidey in the Avengers, he's great as a solo act. I want The Avengers to showcase classic Avengers members. I hope Ant-Man, Black Panther, Wasp, Vision, Ms.Marvel, Falcon, and possibly Moondragon and Mantis (before they show up in a Guardians sequel) appear in The Avengers sequel(s)

To be fair, even dedicated comic book geeks would ask the same question, considering that Spidey has been an official Avenger for almost the past decade.

I think people growing up with Spidey as an Avenger would readily accept him as one as they wouldn't know any different. Those who grew up before then, during either the Silver or Bronze Age of Marvel and always knew Spidey as a solo act would just conveniently ignore that he's an Avenger.

I'm not completely against having him in an Avengers movie, but would still like to see others before him. I can understand though that Marvel might want to have an all-star team if they did own him. It just makes business sense and would attract audiences.

But that's also why I think Marvel need more superpowered females on the team than just Black Widow, who is only a super spy, but is ultimately not much different from Jennifer Garner's character in Alias. I want Ms Marvel and Wasp so we see females with an actual display of power.

I think people growing up with Spidey as an Avenger would readily accept him as one as they wouldn't know any different. Those who grew up before then, during either the Silver or Bronze Age of Marvel and always knew Spidey as a solo act would just conveniently ignore that he's an Avenger.

I'm not completely against having him in an Avengers movie, but would still like to see others before him. I can understand though that Marvel might want to have an all-star team if they did own him. It just makes business sense and would attract audiences.

But that's also why I think Marvel need more superpowered females on the team than just Black Widow, who is only a super spy, but is ultimately not much different from Jennifer Garner's character in Alias. I want Ms Marvel and Wasp so we see females with an actual display of power.
I completely agree. I'd love to see Spidey in an Avengers film, but I'd much rather prioritise other characters above him. Deffinately some superpowered females...and I think more "street" heroes such as Luke Cage. Very glad we'll be seeing Falcon.

I completely agree. I'd love to see Spidey in an Avengers film, but I'd much rather prioritise other characters above him. Deffinately some superpowered females...and I think more "street" heroes such as Luke Cage. Very glad we'll be seeing Falcon.

My perspective is that I simply want the MCU to be as rich and expansive as possible. I think the Phase 2 will definitely add to with characters like Falcon and maybe Dr. Strange and Ant-Man. What I am looking forward to is the SHIELD TV show as I think this is a great opportunity to really explore the MCU and introduce us to Luke Cage or Iron Fist or Moonknight, among others.

The thing about TASM, if they could make some sort of deal, is that they could largely leave Spidey in his own little pocket of the MCU. They could reference the larger stuff but Spidey could mostly handle his own business. Or at least that would be my preference.

Though just thinking about Spidey being part of a tracking shot like what we got in The Avengers is a pretty awesome visual. Having him webslinging in and out of the shot, knocking aliens around would be pretty cool.

I agree with you on every single point.
I'm not one of the ones who absolutely needs to see Spidey or Wolverine in this franchise, and I sure as hell understand that the cross-studio logistics are next to impossible, but I think the people in this thread who keep trying to shoot it down are fighting a losing battle....those two are just way too popular, so the suggestion is going to keep coming up again and again. Like it or no.

But yeah, I think the Avengers' first priority roster-wise is to get more women in there. Wasp and Ms. Marvel should be top priority.

OB12 said:
The thing about TASM, if they could make some sort of deal, is that they could largely leave Spidey in his own little pocket of the MCU. They could reference the larger stuff but Spidey could mostly handle his own business. Or at least that would be my preference.

That's all I want, like maybe have one character reading the Daily Bugle with Spider-Man on the cover, even if it's a quickie.

if they ever decide to do Vision or Ultron how will it look like, will someone mocap it or will it just be CGI? im hoping its Mo-Cap, that way Gregg can do the Mo-Cap for Vision and Doug Jones could do Ultron or even Andy Serkis.

if they ever decide to do Vision or Ultron how will it look like, will someone mocap it or will it just be CGI? im hoping its Mo-Cap, that way Gregg can do the Mo-Cap for Vision and Doug Jones could do Ultron or even Andy Serkis.

Pretty much the same approach as Iron Man, would be my guess. They're similar in physical texture (i.e., armor), so you could do a mix of Stuntman In Costume and CGI for the prettied-up images.

Lol why is everyone assuming that if VIsion shows up, it will be coulson? I hope it's not. A completely new character created by Ultron would be nice

People are seriously making me despise Spiderman with the inability to let it go when it comes to the Marvel/Disney MCU and the Avengers.

Right? Avengers is the new biggest franchise on Earth and there are dozens of viable characters they can introduce to audiences who are actually related to the stories being told, and who Disney doesn't have to negotiate (pay) to use. But the thread about new characters in Avengers sequels is just a never-ending Spider-Man spiel

Spidey should be part of the Avengers, he is an Avengers in the comics ...

I know the current lineup we have is pretty much the traditional one and that Spidey has only tenures with the team, but what made the movie work was the excitement of "ALL THE SUPERHEROES ARE TEAMING UP," and the next one needs to up the ante. Adding at least one of the most popular comic book characters would accomplish that nicely.

I suspect that when the Avengers come together again, it won't be as an initiative under SHIELD - they've burned that bridge, and even Cap probably won't want to work with them directly. It'll just be a threat to Earth that brings together the whole team. That'll leave room for loners and rebels like Spidey and Wolverine, who don't want to fill out membership cards.

That'll leave room for loners and rebels like Spidey and Wolverine, who don't want to fill out membership cards.

Except they're not going to be in it. It's time to grow up and acknowledge it.

I don't even think Spidey wants to be in it.

No, Garfield said he'd love to be in the Avengers. (The actor, not the cat.) And Shuler over at Fox said she'd love to have some or all of the X-Men team up with the Avengers. And Sony have said they'd love to get Spidey into the Avengers. And even Feige has said it'd be cool if they could all kumbayah together someday.

The logistics and the legalities are the obstacle here; *not* the desire on anyone's part for the studio crossover(s) to happen. The will is there.

I really just meant Spidey. :oldrazz:

But yes, I had heard before that Garfield thought it would be cool to be in or a part of it. But I wasn't aware that people at Fox had publicly said they'd like to get in the action with them. Feige should probably just act nonchalant and shrug it off and say as a MARVEL fan he'd like it but not comment any further. Don't give them more incentive to hold on to rights. But I'm sure with MARVEL's success they're all just chomping at the bit and just brainstorming about making new things and hoping to ride MARVEL's movies coattails.

Marvel CINEMATIC universe ...... keyword CINEMATIC buddy.

Spider-Man is in the cinematic universe as well, and Marvel and Sony were joining "their" cinematic worlds together in the Avengers but that didn't come up...

IF Marvel really wants Spider-Man in the Avengers I believe a sort of agreement will come up when the time is right. Dreaming never harmed anybody :woot:

Please for the love of god..Keep spider-man and all the x-men and out of the avengers. Don't turn this into the comics where every hero who ever existed has to be in the avengers.

Please for the love of god..Keep spider-man and all the x-men and out of the avengers. Don't turn this into the comics where every hero who ever existed has to be in the avengers.

Blame Millar and Bendis. :argh:

^
Now you don't want this movie to be like the comics?

Giant Man would be cool,to see a guy as tall as a building walking around kicking butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"