Sequels Characters you'd like to see in future Avengers movies?

Brian Braddock said:
It's far from the source materal but you know what - I like that idea. Yes to seeing Rockwell return and yes to the idea that Ulton evolves from Hammers attempts to replicate Jarvis.

He's kind of like if Jarvis turned evil, or if Alfred tried to kill Batman.

Come to think of it, I could see them using Jarvis as Vision...wait....the diamond that man (I don't know who he is)...IM3...NO!

The problem I see with Ultron is his relationship to Pym, which many of you keep touting as an integral piece to his arc.

We don't even know how Ant-Man will be received in theaters. It makes things complicated since an Avengers vs. Ultron storyline obviously would be very AntMan-centric.

Good god, no.
Ultron isn't a ****-up....it's the ultimate killer robot, and still self-evolving. A Hammer-built Ultron would be as useless as **** on a bull, and would have so many design flaws that even Forbush Man could kick its ass.

You think that Ultron would just stay in the body Hammer would give him? Hell, no - he'd most likely iron out those design flaws himself and upgrade.

Yep. Are we really losing our perspective on Ulton so much that we would just let anyone be his creator? First Stark and now Hammer. Ultron is an awesome villain and part of the reason he is so awesome is because of his relationship to Pym. You can't just plug any scientist/inventor into that role and expect it to work.

Yes, but remind me - exactly when are we getting to see Pym on film? I dont know about you but I'd prefer to see Ultron before the turn of this century. :oldrazz:

Ultron is an iconic villain, but a pain-in-the-ass to introduce into a film.

The reason is that like Venom, Ultron's story was told in a series format, in many comic issues with many phases in his development, rather than a 2-hour film with a clear beginning, middle and end.

That's a very valid point - how do they introduce the character without changing some aspect of his creation? They go uber-faithful and they inevitably have to cut corners as they only have a finite running time, but with a little tinkering [which, lets face it, most movie adaptions tinker with the source material] it could work. As long as we fans accept it, anyways.

Ultron is an iconic villain, but a pain-in-the-ass to introduce into a film.

The reason is that like Venom, Ultron's story was told in a series format, in many comic issues with many phases in his development, rather than a 2-hour film with a clear beginning, middle and end.

Well the way to do Ultron is not to introduce him only within a 2 hour film. Introduce him and Pym in other MCU movies, so that you see a little bit of development throughout these pictures, even if it is really small. At least have him there in the background, like how SLJ had these cameos. Then by the time it gets to a proper Ultron-centred movie, it doesn't look like he was just plucked out of a hat. I would say even introducing him in Phase 2 movies so that he can be ready for Avengers 3 in Phase 3.

Marvel shouldn't have the same problem as Venom in Spider-Man 3, because they've got several films in which to introduce a character and plant seeds for development.

The Masters of Evil make the most sense to me. There are a few members that are confirmed for a movie or have been featured in one. Abomination has been featured. Crossbones is confirmed for Captain America 2 (and the actor has a multi-film contract). Characters like Baron Zemo, Enchantress, and Executioner could easily feature in Phase III films.

You think that Ultron would just stay in the body Hammer would give him? Hell, no - he'd most likely iron out those design flaws himself and upgrade.

I'm saying that if Justin Hammer designed Ultron at all, the product and the programming would be so godawfully borked that it wouldn't have the intelligence to self-evolve and upgrade at all. It's a Hammer product: it'd likely jump into the mouth of the nearest active volcano just because it seemed like the right thing to do at the time.

I'm thinking that it's the fact that it's so borked that is the cause of the malfunction, leading to Ulton's sentiency.

I'm thinking that it's the fact that it's so borked that is the cause of the malfunction, leading to Ulton's sentiency.

Ultron's programming is so dismally buggy that the robot gains sentience? Hilarious; but it only works if you play it for laughs. Ultron shouldn't delve into the realm of comedy.

Nah, that's just your opinion. In mine [where I've been used a bit of the ol' imagination] it could be done plausibly, and seriously in terms of tone.

#open-minded.

concerning Ultron, you could crib from secret invasion (skrulls have already been taken off the table). have the avengers blindsided by a few SHIELD agents only to discover that SHIELD has been infiltrated by lifelike automaton. then Fury has to fess up about the Life Model Decoy program headed up by Henry Pym. they interrogate Pym to find out why one of these LMDs has gone haywire only to discover that Pym himself has been replaced. that LMD wearing his "father's" face would evolve into Ultron throughout the movie; casting away his "flesh" to present the more classic look for the final fight. but the Avengers would have to take on a horde of Ultrons wearing human disguises. might add to the drama of it to have them fighting construction workers, dog walking old ladies, SHIELD agents, and the like.

p.s. the real Pym would be found alive sometime after the movie's midway point.

I want this to happen soon. PLEASE GIVE US CAROL!

tumblr_mi6vy83daK1rd4eg2o1_500.jpg

Well the way to do Ultron is not to introduce him only within a 2 hour film. Introduce him and Pym in other MCU movies, so that you see a little bit of development throughout these pictures, even if it is really small. At least have him there in the background, like how SLJ had these cameos. Then by the time it gets to a proper Ultron-centred movie, it doesn't look like he was just plucked out of a hat. I would say even introducing him in Phase 2 movies so that he can be ready for Avengers 3 in Phase 3.

Marvel shouldn't have the same problem as Venom in Spider-Man 3, because they've got several films in which to introduce a character and plant seeds for development.

BINGO. and that may very well be what they are doing.

Because the new costume is sooooo much better??? When Carol makes it in the MCU I guarantee we will see a new costume, so you don't have to worry.

I wouldn't mind seeing Carol's costume she wore in A:EMH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"