Childhood Nightmare Fuel

DarthDaveBanner

Sidekick
Reaction score
What are some of the things from Film/Television/Music etc. that put the fear of God into some of you hypesters back when you were kids?

For me it was definitely the transformations in the Incredible Hulk tv series. I loved the show but those scenes gave me nightmares for years!

Honourable mention goes to robot lady from Superman 3. Jesus.....

aExUNb4.jpg

The Iron Maiden scene from Sleepy Hollow

QuZfZcu.gif

Pennywise

Sleepy Hollow?!!! Man I feel old....

It would have to be for me the first "silent night deadly night" and "psycho" movies. I didn't mind the nightmare on elm street/friday the 13th movies though, strange eh? "Alien" scared me a bit too (the scene where the guy runs into the alien for the first time in the air ducts with his flame thrower). I also can't forget the last segment of the "twilight zone" movie, the goblin's face pressed against the glass.
tzone3.jpg

Last edited:
The X-Files and Unsolved Mysteries (especially the supernatural episodes for both) scared the crap out of me. I watched them both because I loved them, and then I'd regret it later because I couldn't sleep without the lights on. One X-Files episode in particular really terrified me and it's the one where Scully's dad dies and she sees his ghost silently mouthing words on her couch. Brrrrr....

As for film; The scene where they find those skinned bodies in the original Predator made an impression on me when I was 7 or so. And the scene of the dude having his still-beating heart ripped out of his chest in Temple of Doom was terrible for a kid to see.

This game often gave me nightmares. To this day I cringe whenever I even see images of that evil looking plastic shark and its gaping maw. Just look at how murderously those plastic eyes gaze deep into your soul.

jaws-game.jpg

I knew a kid who was terrified of the oompa loompa' s from Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory.
The X-Files (especially the supernatural episodes for both) scared the crap out of me. I watched them both because I loved them, and then I'd regret it later because I couldn't sleep without the lights on. One X-Files episode in particular really terrified me and it's the one where Scully's dad dies and she sees his ghost silently mouthing words on her couch. Brrrrr....

I was going to say the exact same thing!

The Scully dad ghost scared me as a kid as well. There was something hauntingly poignant about it.

The monster in the tunnels episode was creepy too. Hell I think most of the early episodes of X-Files freaked me out as a kid

The Goosebumps episode where they made a soap or accidentally made a soap out of a human flesh and this ****

critters.jpg

Last edited:

That poster along with the masked killer in the film used to really scare me

Predator really creeped me out when I was little, more so than Alien, actually. Although Alien is creepy as hell too.

Chucky and Clowns were the demons of my childhood.

I also liked watching Goosebumps, they were pretty scary when I was 6-8 years old.

One episode of Courage the Cowardly Dog scarred me in particular. Courage was in this large building and he was going door to door. He opens the one door and it this girl with her back towards you and she's playing the violin and then she quickly turns around and he had this hideous face and it scared the crap out of me.

Oh and my Dad made me watch this when I was 8 years old.

Ventriloquist Dummies!!!
ventriloquist_dummies_14.jpg

Mannnnnn! i saw an old twilight zone episode where this &^%$ing Dummy was coming to life and killing people. Scared the crap outta me as a kid, i still hate those &^%$ing things!!

Something that really scared me was in Pet Semetary. The flashbacks and dreams the wife would have about her sister Zelda

Zelda-comes-back-Rachel-s-dream-pet-sematary-14670279-480-360.jpg

The stuff that scared the crap out of me was the chest busting creature that got John Hurt in Alien. Also, the opening to Tales From the Darkside always creeps me out till this day.

Yeah, I came in here to say Pennywise too. I think that guy's like the embodiment of childhood terror.

Ventriloquist Dummies!!!
ventriloquist_dummies_14.jpg

Mannnnnn! i saw an old twilight zone episode where this &^%$ing Dummy was coming to life and killing people. Scared the crap outta me as a kid, i still hate those &^%$ing things!!
lol! i just watched those episodes the other day

Those books never scared me although I grew up with the usual 80's horror club of Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, etc. Freddy is probably on everyone who was a child of the 80's for sure. Even some adults I bet.

The Goosebumps episode where they made a soap or accidentally made a soap out of a human flesh and this ****

critters.jpg

CRITTER BALLLLLL!!! I loved that movie :D

What scared the crap out of me when I was a kid was the Boogieman from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. Still can't watch those episodes without getting the willies.

Those books never scared me although I grew up with the usual 80's horror club of Freddy, Jason, Michael Myers, etc. Freddy is probably on everyone who was a child of the 80's for sure. Even some adults I bet.

The stories are run of the mill yea... but those Illustrations are creepy as hell to me even now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"