Childhood Nightmare Fuel

There's some episode of Unsolved Mysteries that ruined me for years, something about a haunted ship, like a cruise ship I think, was some ghost boy with a deformed face that was sitting at the bar and turns around and laughs at you......Ruined I tells ya.

That poster along with the masked killer in the film used to really scare me

I never understood how this movie could scare anyone.
It's more of a comedy than a horror movie.

I had nightmares every night for about a week after watching this movie. It was the only movie after watching it I had to sleep in my parents room.

The_St_Francisville_Exp.jpg

When Beetlejuice turned into a snake in the movie.

Child's Play 2.. it came on USA once. My mother warned me not to watch it, but I did anyway.. I was TERRIFIED of Chucky after that.

The episode of The Simpsons when Homer fell down the gorge..

Last edited:
Hahahaha was it cause the dude was scary or cause that movie was so bad?
lol! i just watched those episodes the other day
F^%% THAT MAN!! Hahah

oh and this freaking comic scared the beejuses outta me as a kid! it scared me so bad. I quit collecting comics for about 3 years! STUPID DC!! No wonder the experts use to say comics were bad for you! hahah

47475-2439-56859-1-witching-hour.jpg

Hahahaha was it cause the dude was scary or cause that movie was so bad?

F^%% THAT MAN!! Hahah

Honestly I used to have nightmares all the time of him flying around my house and chasing me around! I was legitimately terrified of him when I was like 8.

I undertsand Nick. i was a tad bit older so i was more frighten that they made that crap but if i was younger as all this stuff shows it can scare the crap outta you as a kid!

Jesus, and other men with beards.

Sleepy Hollow?!!! Man I feel old....

It would have to be for me the first "silent night deadly night" and "psycho" movies. I didn't mind the nightmare on elm street/friday the 13th movies though, strange eh? "Alien" scared me a bit too (the scene where the guy runs into the alien for the first time in the air ducts with his flame thrower). I also can't forget the last segment of the "twilight zone" movie, the goblin's face pressed against the glass.
tzone3.jpg

wasn't the last scene, Dan Akroyd "large marge-ing" the guy riding with him?

anyways, from my childhood...

the scene from the horror movie "House" where some grotesque phantom version of the main character's ex wife chases him around the house; before he shoots it
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg172/el__chupacabra/House%201986/house-makingof-03.jpg

the clown dragging that kid under the bed in 'Poltergeist'
http://www.trappedbymonsters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/poltergeist-clown-37.jpg

8z0411.jpg

The intro song, the way the words looked, and Robert motherf***ing Stack.

CRITTER BALLLLLL!!! I loved that movie :D

What scared the crap out of me when I was a kid was the Boogieman from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon. Still can't watch those episodes without getting the willies.

i used to love the Boogieman episodes. for some reason, it was the were-chicken episode that creeped me out.

yeah, the books weren't that scary. but those pictures were disturbing enough to make me put the book down. remember the one with the spider eggs hatching inside of someone?

The episode of The Simpsons when Homer fell down the gorge..

Really? The only Simpsons episode that kinda scared (more unnerved) me as a kid was a segment on the second Halloween episode, where Homer dies and his brain is placed in a robot I think. Then at the end Mr Burns' body died and his head is attached to Homer's body. That one I found really creepy.

Okay, I remember also being a bit unnerved by the episode where Homer eats blowfish and has 24 hours to live, until the ending where he inexplicably lives. When he slumped in his chair near the end I really thought he had died the first time I saw it.

Man, old Simpsons episodes were not just funnier, but they had more heart too. Getting nostalgic now.

Come on, the Crypt Keeper was cool and funny with his terrible, terrible puns.

I thought he was. Sure he's a rotting ghoul but he was so disarmingly funny I wasn't afraid of him.

I thought he was. Sure he's a rotting ghoul but he was so disarmingly funny I wasn't afraid of him.

Yeah, when you were 5, you understood his jokes. Alrighty.

:up:

The opening into to The Outer Limits was the scariest thing ever to me when I was about nine. The freaky music and image of a house growing out the ground (@ 21 seconds in) really got to me. Still does.

[YT]2I7vPbthvWo[/YT]

I was older than 5, maybe not by much but enough to get the broad humor of the puns. Certainly enough to not see him as a nightmare. But that was me.

I do remember one movie though not the name, of some evil that would travel underground Tremors style and attack people. It was some U.S.A. network movie and I couldn't watch it because of that. Ironically Tremors was not a problem though.

Actually I agree with Teelie. CK was funny to a young kid. It wasn't that you "got his jokes." It was his mannerisms, cackling voice and goofy smiling expression. My older brother watched Tales and I rarely found the show scary as a kid. Only one episode really got me and it had a mental patient dressed as Santa Claus going around killing people. I saw it in September and dreaded Christmas for the next three months, because now I was convinced Santa was a murderous psychopath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"