Childhood Nightmare Fuel

Actually I agree with Teelie. CK was funny to a young kid. It wasn't that you "got his jokes." It was his mannerisms, cackling voice and goofy smiling expression. My older brother watched Tales and I rarely found the show scary as a kid. Only one episode really got me and it had a mental patient dressed as Santa Claus going around killing people. I saw it in September and dreaded Christmas for the next three months, because now I was convinced Santa was a murderous psychopath.

that was the first episode and the only story from the original Tales from the Crypt movie to be readapted. the original has Joan Collins as the murderous housewife.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gp5tmb89f3I/SVFx12MSfpI/AAAAAAAABoU/kq4L1MYpv7k/s320/Tales.jpg

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsD/tve4884-19890610-1627.jpg

According to my parents I was just shy of needing to live in a bubble - literally everything frightened me......... :(

What are some of the things from Film/Television/Music etc. that put the fear of God into some of you hypesters back when you were kids?

For me it was definitely the transformations in the Incredible Hulk tv series. I loved the show but those scenes gave me nightmares for years!

Honourable mention goes to robot lady from Superman 3. Jesus.....

We have these two in common.

Also, the unsmasking scene from the phantom of the opera (1925):

2hov1p2.gif

That's like when someone is raised in a super religious home then turns completely against religion, isn't it?

That's like when someone is raised in a super religious home then turns completely against religion, isn't it?

If you mean that so much scares me as a kid that not a lot scares me today... not really, I'm still afraid - I just use my fears to now make others afraid. :woot:

I meant more that you took something you grew up with and totally rejected it. In this case you took the fear to make it into something else to give to other people so it's a little bit different.

I was terrified of the movie Mar's Attacks as a kid. Traditional horror films never scared me, as I was desensitized at a pretty young age. My older brother and Freddy, Jason and Chucky posters all over his room so I kinda grew up around that kinda stuff. Something about Mars Attacks though scared the **** out of me.

Don't worry, Mars Attacks also scared audiences so bad they didn't go see it either.
hxj9.gif

My sisters rented this movie when I was 9 and I had nightmares for years.

Night-of-the-Demons-2009-211x300.jpg

When I was younger, my aunt and uncle had a trailer that they would go to on some weekends during the summer as sometimes we would go along. My cousin popped in one of the Halloween movies and I remember there was one scene very early on in the film where the main character looks in a mirror and sees Michael in it. I made my cousin turn it off.

Also, the beginning of the movie ''Idle Hands''. There was a shot of a face emerging from blood. That scared me.

I was older than 5, maybe not by much but enough to get the broad humor of the puns. Certainly enough to not see him as a nightmare. But that was me.

Actually I agree with Teelie. CK was funny to a young kid. It wasn't that you "got his jokes." It was his mannerisms, cackling voice and goofy smiling expression. My older brother watched Tales and I rarely found the show scary as a kid. Only one episode really got me and it had a mental patient dressed as Santa Claus going around killing people. I saw it in September and dreaded Christmas for the next three months, because now I was convinced Santa was a murderous psychopath.

S***, y'all are brave. He looked scary as hell to me back when I was 5. Speaking of scary as hell...

This about covers it.

That thing looked 10x scarier than Linda Blair because honestly, she wasn't really all that scary looking. My first mistake with this film was watching it when I was 10. And I watched "The Version You've Never Seen" version. They superimposed that face into a few scenes that scared the s*** out of me. That face scarred me for a long time.

The only thing that scared me as a kid, was when my mom called out my full name. Oh crap. :wow:

There's some episode of Unsolved Mysteries that ruined me for years, something about a haunted ship, like a cruise ship I think, was some ghost boy with a deformed face that was sitting at the bar and turns around and laughs at you......Ruined I tells ya.

That entire show ruined me.

To this day, I can't listen to the theme without almost having an anxiety attack.

Not long after I saw the episode, I stopped believing in Santa Claus.

Take that as you will.

Don't know if this was mentioned or not already but this movie scared the s**t outta me when I was little.

mr48as.jpg

I don't even like the idea of rewatching it now at my current age.

The fear of nuclear annihilation kept me up at night as a young child....especially after this movie came out..
220px-Thedayafter.jpg

day-after.jpeg

I didn't really watch it as a child, but as a teen, The Ring really disturbed me.
I saw Saw as a kid, I had to leave the room when the woman was cutting the guy's stomach open in order to get the key for the reverse beartrap.

The fear of nuclear annihilation kept me up at night as a young child....especially after this movie came out..
220px-Thedayafter.jpg

day-after.jpeg

I was like 7 when this came out. It freaked out 2 entire nations.

Don't know if this was mentioned or not already but this movie scared the s**t outta me when I was little.

mr48as.jpg

I don't even like the idea of rewatching it now at my current age.

Oh yeah. Scared hell out of me. :wow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"