Child's Play remake

image.jpg

Hope we find out who's voicing Chucky soon!

If this is an A.I. gone crazy Chucky then he probably won't have the type of personality that the original Chucky had. Because that was a real person inside the doll, so he had a sense of humor and laughed, he had a penchant for swearing, losing his temper etc. An A.I. toy probably won't have any of that.

it'll just be sadistic.

I haven't seen the original Child's Play in years, so I don't remember why Chucky was killing back then. Wasn't it because he was possessed with the spirit of a serial killer? I'd like a simple and emotional premise, like if Chucky was killing every significant person in that boy's life. Chucky wants his new "best friend" all to himself. Even "innocent" things like making his friend feel better. Maybe mom has a new boyfriend, and the boy doesn't like him so he vents to Chucky because his mom wouldn't listen...then Chucky "fixes" the situation by ending the guy's life.

Some AI's are incredibly advanced, down to reacting to situations with all of the intricacies that a person would, and feeling "real" emotions. Hopefully Chucky's advanced tech goes haywire. He needs a warped personality for an AI, meaning imperfections like losing his temper would be attributed to him "glitching". That way we could get some real "human" emotions out of Chucky, which would be intermixed with truly cold moments that only an AI could provide. Chucky should treat these murders like a child playing with toys or living out boyhood fantasies. I want a scene where Chucky and his friend are watching Home Alone, with Chucky sitting there blankly taking it all in; forming his own warped version of the movie in his head, with deathtraps like what we saw the mom stuck in at the end of the trailer. Let's have the boy watching some horror movies and playing violent videogames too. All of that would make a lasting impression on Chucky, giving him a penchant for murder. That's what real-life parents fear would happen to their kids if exposed to those types of movies and videogames, anyway.

We've seen children swear in movies all the time, and a few times, it has been due to them hearing it from a parent or watching television. Chucky should pick up the concept of swearing from hearing the adults around him and what he's seeing on tv; maybe he even picks it up from the boy, who feels safe swearing around his new Buddy. Children curse to each other in real life, but most of them try their best not to do it around adults.

I’m a huge fan of Chucky. Child’s Play was the first horror movie I ever watched as a kid. I was both curious and terrified of watching it, but that’s exactly what lead me to explore other films in the genre. I love all of them except for Seed of Chucky lol. There might be things I don’t like about Curse and Cult, but I think it’s shortcomings have easy fixes to them (mainly, getting a better looking and moving anamotronic doll). I’d say Child’s Play 2 is my 1# though. That film went big and just had everything in it.

With that all said. I am very much looking forward to this new reboot. I tend to be pretty open-minded about upcoming projects so I don’t know if I’m just blinded by wishful thinking. But I don’t mind the changes made to Chucky here. While evil A.I. isn’t anything new, it’s new to *this* franchise and character so it is a change I’m welcoming to see. I get that everyone loves Brad, but we have 7 films of him lol. Plus a TV series coming out! I want fresh, new, different. Not only does the A.I. angle speak for our time, they can get clever and have Chucky do a plethora of things that we’ve never seen in this series before. That’s exciting to me!

I think this film will be much better than people have been giving it credit for.

I haven't seen the original Child's Play in years, so I don't remember why Chucky was killing back then. Wasn't it because he was possessed with the spirit of a serial killer? I'd like a simple and emotional premise, like if Chucky was killing every significant person in that boy's life. Chucky wants his new "best friend" all to himself. Even "innocent" things like making his friend feel better. Maybe mom has a new boyfriend, and the boy doesn't like him so he vents to Chucky because his mom wouldn't listen...then Chucky "fixes" the situation by ending the guy's life.

Some AI's are incredibly advanced, down to reacting to situations with all of the intricacies that a person would, and feeling "real" emotions. Hopefully Chucky's advanced tech goes haywire. He needs a warped personality for an AI, meaning imperfections like losing his temper would be attributed to him "glitching". That way we could get some real "human" emotions out of Chucky, which would be intermixed with truly cold moments that only an AI could provide. Chucky should treat these murders like a child playing with toys or living out boyhood fantasies. I want a scene where Chucky and his friend are watching Home Alone, with Chucky sitting there blankly taking it all in; forming his own warped version of the movie in his head, with deathtraps like what we saw the mom stuck in at the end of the trailer. Let's have the boy watching some horror movies and playing violent videogames too. All of that would make a lasting impression on Chucky, giving him a penchant for murder. That's what real-life parents fear would happen to their kids if exposed to those types of movies and videogames, anyway.

We've seen children swear in movies all the time, and a few times, it has been due to them hearing it from a parent or watching television. Chucky should pick up the concept of swearing from hearing the adults around him and what he's seeing on tv; maybe he even picks it up from the boy, who feels safe swearing around his new Buddy. Children curse to each other in real life, but most of them try their best not to do it around adults.

This is what a lot of ppl are expecting his motives to be. Its also how I think it will work too, which gives it a bit of a better hook than Chucky kills causes hes Chucky and he's got some killin to do.

Alot of its speculatuon though. There isnt much actually known 100%.

I saw Bride when it came out in '98 and I was only 8 years old. That movie was what got me into the franchise and I've been on and off on it since. But iit's nice to see people excited for a Chucky movie again.

They did say this movie would be "anti-PC" in a way, so I don't think Chucky is gonna be emotionless throughout. At first, maybe, but I could see him develop this dark and twisted sense of humor once the movie goes on, signifying his evolution from a simple AI toy.

I hope there's more than one Chucky by the movie's end. Like, he uploads his consciousness into the network of all Buddi dolls. That way, if this doll is destroyed at the end, he'd instantly wake up in the home of another unsuspecting child, or an adult toy collector à la Toy Story 2. Or we get a sequel with multiple Chucky dolls in different homes, all having one brain but able to operate and murder simultaneously; in an Ultron-like way.

lol they really should have a scene of him watching Toy Story.

I hope there's more than one Chucky by the movie's end. Like, he uploads his consciousness into the network of all Buddi dolls. That way, if this doll is destroyed at the end, he'd instantly wake up in the home of another unsuspecting child, or an adult toy collector à la Toy Story 2. Or we get a sequel with multiple Chucky dolls in different homes, all having one brain but able to operate and murder simultaneously; in an Ultron-like way.

I love that first idea of yours. Though the multiple Chuckies idea is kinda reminiscent of Cult, and we all know how that turned out.

image.jpg

Makes me think Chucky will transfer his consciousness to other bodies.

The kid playing Andy looks way to old to want a Chucky doll, even if it's an AI. I'm sure they have an explanation for that but it threw me off a bit in the teaser.

Also noticed that Andy seems to have hearing aids.

People over the age of 10 wanted fidget spinners... it's not too farfetch.

Yeah, if this doll is as tech-savvy as he’s being made out to be in the movie, what kid wouldn’t want him? All they really need to do is show he’s a pretty popular product and that’s all I’ll need to buy into the fact people of various age groups would want to buy or collect him.

I mean, we have grown adults in their 30’s and 40’s still buying and collecting Star Wars and DC and Marvel products lol. Most of which can’t do a lick of the things this Chucky can.

And yes, I also noticed Andy has hearing aids in this! That’s an interesting change for sure. If Chucky can tap into the network, I wonder if this is how he communicates with Andy both from close and afar, getting inside his head and driving the kid mad. This is why I love this new AI approach. The possibilities are endless.

View attachment 20587

Makes me think Chucky will transfer his consciousness to other bodies.

This is indeed interesting. One of the problems with this approach is....then Chucky can be anything really. So the red-headed doll no longer becomes special. One movie he’s a teddy bear, next movie he’s a soldier, etc...He loses his signature look this way. And what would even propel him to stay as the Chucky we know if he can just jump from product to product?

Not fond of that idea. Maybe there are different sized Buddi dolls.

Yeah, if this doll is as tech-savvy as he’s being made out to be in the movie, what kid wouldn’t want him? All they really need to do is show he’s a pretty popular product and that’s all I’ll need to buy into the fact people of various age groups would want to buy or collect him.

I mean, we have grown adults in their 30’s and 40’s still buying and collecting Star Wars and DC and Marvel products lol. Most of which can’t do a lick of the things this Chucky can.

And yes, I also noticed Andy has hearing aids in this! That’s an interesting change for sure. If Chucky can tap into the network, I wonder if this is how he communicates with Andy both from close and afar, getting inside his head and driving the kid mad. This is why I love this new AI approach. The possibilities are endless.

Im guessing that hearing aid will be a Kaslan product too like the Buddi Dolls.

Chucky being an AI makes me think he'll be a much more proficient killer, and can easily even target groups of people (which it looks like is happening in some scenes). That alone adds a whole new level/threat to this and excites me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"