Child's Play remake

I mean, as long as they don't dissuade people from seeing it, or act like a cry-baby about it like Mancini did, it's all good.

Not really surprised, she's gonna support her friend Mancini.

In related news: You weren't invited back anyway.

This series had completely lost its way. The last movie was atrocious, and it was becoming IMPOSSSIBLE to enjoy one direct to video release without seeing all of the others first...so they weren't even trying to bring the property back into the public consciousness.

I PREFER the idea of AI gaining sentience over a serial killer's ghost in a bunch of dolls at the same time (or honestly, even one doll).

Lol they are so upset about Chucky being taken serious. The last movie they made was so stupid and silly. They seem dead set on making each movie as silly as possible since seed. Now this one looks a bit serious and gains attention they seem upset. Let the franchise go already lol

Curse of Chucky wasn't silly. In fact that was a return to form for the franchise, IMO. It was dark, intense, and it added a layer to Chucky's backstory.

Cult of Chucky on the other hand did a U-turn on that, and was just a load of campy nonsense.

While I'm curious to see what Brad thinks of this movie, at the end of the day there is nothing they can do about it. Like I said before it's not like what Mancini has been doing with this franchise has been all that great anyways and he's still getting to do the show, so I don't see why this movie would bother him.

Exactly. He has no right to complain since he's been allowed to continue the original franchise in TV format.

Doesn't look bad as it's using practical effects but a part of me wishes this dead horse of a franchise would just die already as it's been a beaten horse for the last 4 films no thanks to that hack Don Mancini as i felt 3 was the last CP film worth a view and the franchise should just rest in peace and have them come up with new franchises and new horror icons like the Conjuring spin-offs and Happy Death Day are doing.

But we'll see as this looks something different than a half-assed copy attempt like Poltergeist (aka Putz-ergeist) or Nightmare on Elm Street (aka Nightmare on dumb street) remakes did.

Doesn't look bad as it's using practical effects but a part of me wishes this dead horse of a franchise would just die already as it's been a beaten horse for the last 4 films no thanks to that hack Don Mancini as i felt 3 was the last CP film worth a view and the franchise should just rest in peace and have them come up with new franchises and new horror icons like the Conjuring spin-offs and Happy Death Day are doing.

But we'll see as this looks something different than a half-assed copy attempt like Poltergeist (aka Putz-ergeist) or Nightmare on Elm Street (aka Nightmare on dumb street) remakes did.

vector-illustration-of-broken-vinyl-vector-id167591047

Oh joy you’re back again doing the same stuff you always do. Haven’t you been warned a million times by the mods?

:whatever: You bring this up every time there is a remake give it a rest.

You've been told multiple times about your obsession all over the board....so.....good-bye.

I gotta say.. discussing this movie here vs other movie sites/reddit.. what a difference. At least you can be civil here. I mean heaven forbid you say something good about this remake or the Mancini fans loose their minds. I saw a guy rip into the director on his IG account.. I came to the directors defense.. I mean we actually havent seen this movie to know its good or bad. Buddy freaked at me.. like literally keyboard meltdown cause I was like.. "theres no need to personally attack the director and theres room for two versions of Chucky in the world.. you dont have to watch remake if you dont wanna etc.." 24 yo dude lost his mind at me. Ive been watching these movies since I was 8.. Im 36 now. If you told me people were gonna get this bent outta shape about a Chucky remake Id have laughed ya outta the building.. but here we are. You'd think they thought MGM was gonna round up all the copies of every Chucky film ever and toss em in a dumpster fire then shoot all the cast in the back of the head the way theyre acting.

They’re a minor but vocal minority on the net. Unfortunately, every movie franchise has them. It probably doesn’t help that the Mancini is somewhat encouraging it.

You’re free to dislike anything you want, but discussion should always be civil.

They’re a minor but vocal minority on the net. Unfortunately, every movie franchise has them. It probably doesn’t help that the Mancini is somewhat encouraging it.

You’re free to dislike anything you want, but discussion should always be civil.

Worst thing is Im not really able to find much in the way of "nice" things about Mancini when people interject with "its a slap in his face." or things like that. He really comes off as a snarky baby in a lot of his interviews. Brad Douriff is the only cast member so far taking the high road on this..and he's literally the one theyre replaced.

It’s all Mancini really has, I guess. I think he’s pretty lucky he’s been the sole writer on each instalment since the beginning. When has that ever happened in a series, let alone a horror one, unless you’re a George Lucas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"