Chiwetel Ejiofor, Chris Pine and Margot Robbie Board Z for Zachariah

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104350

zforzachariah.jpg

Announced for development last summer, director Craig Zobel's (Compliance) Z for Zachariah has found its first three cast members in Chiwetel Ejiofor (Children of Men), Chris Pine (Star Trek) and Amanda Seyfried (Mamma Mia!).

Nissar Modi is providing the screenplay for the post-apocalyptic thriller, adapting Robert C. O'Brien's 1974 novel. The story, a psychological thriller, follows a girl who believes she is the only survivor after a devastating nuclear event, but comes to learn she is not alone.

Material Pictures’ Tobey Maguire and Matthew Plouffe will produce alongside Zik Zak Filmworks’ Skúli Malmquist, Thor Sigurjonsson and Palomar Pictures’ Joni Sighvatsson. Gary Ross and Lucky Hat Entertainment’s Stephen Bannatyne will executive produce, along with Silver Reel’s Claudia Bluemhuber and Lotus Entertainment’s Jim Seibel and Bill Johnson.

Z for Zachariah is expecting to begin production this August.

z-for-zachariah.jpg

Pics of Chiwetel, Chris, and Margot:

XiztEB9.jpg

More here -

mUuNOYF.jpg

YPGJ425.jpg

5HuPIHy.jpg

Ai4PMki.jpg

DTpdMp1.jpg

nHHcmqr.jpg

se9hEae.jpg

v4W0BkF.jpg

So has Amanda been replaced by Margot for the female lead?

Last edited:
Has she? Yeah it looks like Margot Robbie nabbed the role. Don't worry for Amanda. She'll be busy with Ted 2.

please Margot be a good actress and not just a pretty face. we need some need blood.

Man I remember having to read this in elementary school. It's been a long long time, but wasn't the girl in the book a lot younger?

Looks interesting though.

looks very good. Nice to see that Margot is not only in big hollywood movies . looks like she wants to act and not be a movie star.

Welp, that's one ticket sold. I'm in.

Man I remember having to read this in elementary school. It's been a long long time, but wasn't the girl in the book a lot younger?

Looks interesting though.

I read the book in middle school, but forgot the details. So, I read the summary on Wikipedia. The film is certainly taking a different route.

Saw the trailer, this looks so intriguing. I might go see it.

Margot's been kicking ass lately. She's been pursuing some great roles, laying a foundation for a career with longevity, as opposed to just being the new "it" girl.

Also, Chiwetel looks pretty fantastic in this as well. The man is grossly underrated, even after his Oscar nom.

Last edited:
Even when the world has fallen apart and you're scraping by on a post-apocalyptic farm, there's still time for two dudes to fight over Margot!

Last edited:
I think Margot might actually look even better brunette than she does blonde.

FYI, this is on demand now, at least through Cablevision. About to watch. Anyone see it yet?

I saw it last week and I really enjoyed it. The performances are excellent. :up:

Yeah, I really liked it. A great character study and an interesting twist on a seemingly familiar premise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"