Chiwetel Ejiofor IS Baron Mordo

I'm still leaning toward Dormammu myself, though it could be something as simple as merging him with one of Strange's colleagues from his days as a surgeon. bad place, maybe Mordo holds a grudge with Strange because he was such a prick back then, ala Killian (who was sorta kinda merged with the Mandarin and, to a lesser extent, Mallen) in Iron Man 3.

Good thinking. That brings this guy to mind, from The Oath: http://www.comicvine.com/nicodemus-west/4005-41572/

I wonder if the amalgamation is Baron Mordo and Doctor Doom.....Still, I couldn't be more happy at how well this is turning out.^-^

*Returns to the shadows*

Last edited:
That's an interesting idea, Mordo as a doom replacement.

Anyway, did they confirm he will keep his honorific? Seems odd for a guy to call himself baron but maybe it'll make sense when we see the movie? Good on chiwetel, he is going to be amazing!

Dr. Strange really doesn't want to cast Asian actors, do they? ;)

Wong can be redesigned but I really think he needs to be Asian. It would be really weird if Marvel did cast an Asian actor for that role as Asian men are sorely under-represent in the MCU so far.

Oh man if Marvel casts a good asian actor as Wong that would be utterly perfect casting.

A woman in a mans role, a black man as a white man, an asian actor for an asian actor, British lead actor for the hero role (we haven't really had one in the MCU did we ?). It will be the most diverse and talented cast in a comic book movie imo.

Awesome news, this cast just keeps getting better and better!

Anyway, did they confirm he will keep his honorific? Seems odd for a guy to call himself baron but maybe it'll make sense when we see the movie? Good on chiwetel, he is going to be amazing!

I don't know much about Voodoo, but I'm pretty sure "baron" is also a title used in Voodoo. Just saying...

*whispers sweet nothings into the DOCTOR STRANGE casting director's ear...*

You know me. You really know me.

I actually cannot with this Mordo casting. Chiwetel Ejiofor. Killing me softly, Marvel... *happy sigh*

This is a brilliant casting move, and having both Cumberbatch and Ejiofor, two amazing and Oscar-nominated actors, squaring off against each other in this movie is going to be sensational. I just hope that they won't make Ejiofor's Baron Mordo into a cliche and one-dimensional villain, which Marvel tends to do, and by all means do not kill him off either; I want to see villains like Mordo to return in a future movie and continue the feud with the main character, like Loki did with Thor.

Actually... I kind of want Chiwetel to be a bit on the scenery chewing side. I'd like to see his Mordo go big. We've seen his quiet and controlled villain already with The Operative. This is a full on magically empowered sorcerer... Be broad I say.

I was thinking of the facts that Marvel can't possibly show all the characters it has, and they are combining certain characters to show parts of their mythos, and they say Baron Mordo isn't a total bad guy. I take those facts, and wonder if Baron Mordo might combine the history and animosity of Mordo and Doctor Druid's failed student thing. There is no reason to really ever have another mystical Doctor.

Doctor Druid was a student of the Ancient One prior to Strange, just like Mordo. While Druid didn't become evil, they might mix the failed students together, and make someone who is being courted by evil because of his dreams being dashed. That would give Mordo some character dimensionality, plus either it will be a trip from evil to good, vice versa, or just stay kind of gray. Sounds like rather a cool role.

That would kind of make sense, given that in the comics, Mordo's arc eventually went in the direction of "realized he made mistakes, tried to repair some of the damage before he died". This was, admittedly, after decades of being a two dimensional cackling villain, but still.

So when Marvel does announce his casting, will Marvel announce he's Baron Mordo or will they do what they did with Daniel Bruhl and Martin Freeman and officially announce his casting, but not name who he is playing.

If it's the latter, it's going to be a bit of an annoyance. It's starting to become one.

I think it'll be the latter.

Good thing he's not Wong as

Black + Servant = Backlash

Last edited:
So not fully antagonistic? Maybe a combo of Baron Mordo and Brother Voodoo?

Eh, no, he should be fully antagonistic. He should just not be a cardboard villain evil for evil's sake.

What with Cumby, Swinton and Ejiofor, this movie is going to be an absolute thespian masterclass.

I highly doubt Brother Voodoo will be combined with Mordo. Voodoo is to popular a character to mesh him with another character.

That's an interesting idea, Mordo as a doom replacement.

Maybe Baron will be his first name and Mordo his last. There you go, dont have to worry about a title.

from the n&s thread:
n7Q5L0y.jpg

Marvel-Doctor-Strange-Chiwetel-Ejiofor-586x318.jpg

Mordo.jpg

I think the reason they have not cast Wong yet is that the film has not started shooting in America.

Remember, movies always cast during shooting as well depending upon the script.

That robe looks awesome. Very mystical shaman/sorceror.

Almost Mandarin-esque too :)

I dont think his name is Barry Mordo.

Doctor Strange > 12 Years A Slave. :)

chipotel and cucumberbatch...sounds delicious...i'll take two please

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back