Chiwetel Ejiofor IS Baron Mordo

I hope they don't kill him off. I had my heart set on him playing Brother Voodoo. That character would have more of a reoccurring role, could also potentially crossover with Black Panther and other Marvel movies. Could also become the Sorcerer Supreme a few phase's down the line too.

chipotel and cucumberbatch...sounds delicious...i'll take two please

lol

I really love the costume design they've devised for Mordo. It looks very striking and very sorcerer-like, and has the traditional green color of Mordo's comic-book costume.

The outfit for this movie looks colorful and eye-catching, yet also grounded enough to be believable as an actual sample of traditional clothing in some parts of the world. It keeps the overall aura of Mordo's comic-book outfit without being campy.

The costume designers at Marvel seem to have done a nice job of combining fantasy and realism in Chiwetel Ejiofor's Baron Mordo, just as they did for the costumes they designed for Tom Hiddleston as Loki and Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. The overall look nicely balances the more fantastical elements and the more grounded elements of the character.

So is he going to actually be a Baron in this film? And will he ever be referred to as Baron Mordo?

he'll be just just referred to as the mantled black guy with a hoodie

I think whomever Mads is playing will be the instigating force that brings Mordo close to the bad guy state. I can see the possibility of Strange excelling at magic, while he's been practicing for much longer, and perhaps even feel his place at TAO side as being usurped, and then Mads whispers about easier ways to power. He wants to prove himself, but unfortunately gets involved with corrupting forces. That would align with what Ejiofor has been saying. Mordo in the comics was looking for power, but the movie might show why he was looking for power, and make him more sympathetic.

So is he going to actually be a Baron in this film? And will he ever be referred to as Baron Mordo?

I reckon he'll just be called Mordo. It'll be interesting to see what his friendship is like with the good doctor.

I reckon he'll just be called Mordo. It'll be interesting to see what his friendship is like with the good doctor.

I think they will be changing Mordo's character a bit. Would not surprise me if a higher force takes over his mind after he befriends Doctor Strange!

Nah. I suspect it will be contrasting ideology that does in their relationship. "Possessed by evil" would be kind of cheap, whereas somebody who you actually like, and who actually likes you? Source of powerful drama when fundamental differences in morality get in the way.

I got this from another forum

Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
Love
that Wong/Wong casting (and yes I'm still bitter Chiwetel Ejiofor is
playing Baron Mordo, which is nice, instead of Doctor Voodoo = who
he'd be PERFECT to play; for years I've said he'd be perfect for that
specific role, and now they dangle the carrot and snap the trap).
Originally Posted by Reality
Apparently the movies Baron Mordo is supposed to be an amalgamation of
him with Brother Voodoo. "Baron" is a hoodoo title, after all. So you
may be getting your wish, kinda.

*sighs* yes, 'Baron' is a hoodoo title, but, you know, it is a title outside of hoodoo also...
but I'm wondering how they'll be changing the 'Karl Amadeus' part of his name. Unless he is adopted by German aristocracy Frederic von Anhalt-style

*sighs* yes, 'Baron' is a hoodoo title, but, you know, it is a title outside of hoodoo also...
but I'm wondering how they'll be changing the 'Karl Amadeus' part of his name. Unless he is adopted by German aristocracy Frederic von Anhalt-style

Or he could be born in Germany to African immigrant parents.

When this subject comes up it's always like... You don't know any white guys that like chocolate?

"There can never be an African-American looking Batman! It makes no sense, cuz the Wayne family is old money."

"Turn Martha Black and make Thomas a dude that likes the chocolate. BOOM! Done."

So with Mordo if you absolutely have to have an answer.

Based on what we've heard and now seen, I'm predicting some kind of buddy relationship gone wrong. With Mordo turning into some kind of reoccurring villain/anti-hero like Loki.

Ditto. I wouldn't be shocked if its a bit of an inverse: the two of them got along, and still can get along, fine as just people. However, they have *radically* divergent ideological beliefs, which get in the way to the level of nemeses.

( As opposed to Thor and Loki, where deep down they have a quite similar swashbuckling do-gooder ethic, which a vast personal bad relationship gets in the way of. . . )

Is Mordo going to be a bad guy in this? I am no expert on DS, I have mostly only read him in other characters story's like Hulk and Ghost Rider, so correct me if I am wrong.

Is he a good guy in this who will be a villain in a later movie?

I don't think anybody knows yet. I'm thinking good guy this movie and he'll take on a more villainous role in a later film. No need to rush.

I loved his performance. If he becomes a villain that will be a bit upsetting as he had a nice bond with Strange.

I loved his performance. If he becomes a villain that will be a bit upsetting as he had a nice bond with Strange.

I did as well. As I wrote in my overall impression of the movie, I think he and Benedict has a good chance of being the third hero-villain couple on my list of the couples that are a perfect balance and elevate each other. They had some scenes that hinted at further greatness when they meet as foes.

The guy is a great actor, that's why I can't wait to see him as the villain in hopefully the next Strange movie. Even in [BLACKOUT]the after credits scene I found him a better villain than Kaecilus[/BLACKOUT].

I feel like he's going to be an anti hero more than anything else.

The way that they set him up, he at least has the potential to be an interesting/compelling villain if he does go full-on bad later on. Now will they stick the landing, well we'll see, but the pieces that are there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"