Choose the villain for a Batman Reboot

Riddler, Penguin, and Mr Freeze are the most obvious classic villains not used in Nolans trilogy, I think we can count on seeing at least 1 of those guys in a new trilogy. Hugo Strange, Black Mask, and Clayface all sound like great new villains too

Setting it up like Batman Begins I'd get Hugo Strange in the main villain role ala Ra's Al Ghul, with Clayface comparable to Scarecrow's role, then with Penguin taking over the mob aspect of the movie like Falcone did. That would be my ideal film

I'm not saying don't use them at all. Just not in the first movie.

I voted Penguin, but would also like to see The Riddler, if done right.

I love the old favourites from the TV show.

I don't get the love for Penguin. He's a shorter Falcone with a long nose. Not to mention he doesn't pose any threat physically.

Yeah, Penguin has never really been that great or formidable of a villain. I they want to go with an out-of-shape crime boss type, I'd rather see Rupert Thorne.

Agreed. He was a great villain is the old days but now he's not that interesting. He's more of a background/Falcone in Begins type of character to me.

Agreed. He was a great villain is the old days but now he's not that interesting. He's more of a background/Falcone in Begins type of character to me.
I think thats how most Batman fans view him, thats what makes him so cool. Pre TDK a lot of people wanted Philip Seymour Hoffman as a British arms dealer Oswald Cobblepot, thats the perfect Penguin interpretation. He wouldnt work imo as a main villain nowadays, just have him take up the mob role in a Batman movie like Falconi and Maroni did.

But most people on here want him as a main villain.

Ive only seen a couple people suggesting that, but that wouldnt make much sense. Hes hardly threatening enough to be a main villain.

Would it be weird to have Killer Croc after having the Lizard in TASM? Would it look like a ripoff? The Lizard didnt look that good or scary imo in TASM so they could at least do a lot to visually make him more distinctive, but still to avoid comparisons, maybe just leave Croc out for a while.

I still think Man-Bat could be insanely cool

They look nothing a like. If anything TASM copied the face of BTAS's Croc.

lizardew1.jpg

BTASCROC.jpg

Yeah did I say they look anything alike? I said "The Lizard didnt look that good or scary imo in TASM so they could at least do a lot to visually make him more distinctive"

I mainly was asking if you think general audiences would think Batman is a ripoff of Spiderman because Spiderman fought a giant talking reptile man on screen before Batman did.

You were asking if it were a rip-off. I was saying it wouldn't be.

Mr Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Hugo Strange, Killer Croc, Black Mask and Harley Quinn.

Riddler no matter what as the villain in the next movie.

Killer Croc in a supporting role, just a henchmen, nothing too fantastical. Just a black henchmen with a skin condition.

Hugo Strange...and not because of ARKHAM CITY.

I want to see a good version of Hugo Strange...not that nonsense.

Guess I better start up the "Robin Williams for Hugo Strange" bandwagon again :up:.

I think it's best to introduce this new reboot with a cast of villains that haven't yet been exhibited on-screen. Nonetheless, it is imperative that the Joker returns at some point - I would suggest later on in the sequel (presuming of course that there is in fact a sequel).

Personally, and well aware of the fact that I know I may be alone when I say this, I would also like to see a re-imagination of Scarecrow at some point. Cillian Murphy did a fantastic job with the role in Batman Begins; however, he didn't have much to work with in my opinion; there were times when I thought, "Wow. He is really intimidating." but, then that coincided with Rachel using nothing much more than a taser to scare him away again. It just seemed a bit pathetic to me. There is no doubt that he has the potential to be one of Batman's deadliest foes, as is demonstrated perfectly in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Anyway, to the point of the thread, I feel that there's an interesting dynamic yet to be discovered between Batman, Hush and Dr Hugo Strange. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"