Chris Farley Biopic | Paul Walter Hauser stars/Josh Gad directs

Like the SNL 75 film, this is another interesting “who will they cast?” as Farley’s friends and SNL alum; Sandler, Spade, Rock…

did he actually do anything interesting in his life outside of snl? did he do a lot of drugs or something?? is that why they want to make it? I really have no idea what he was up to outside of comedy gigs, does anyone know, or is this a case of the news being good because the best fat guy is playing the dead fat guy? or is he actually suited to the role?
if it's just another druggie movie i think it could be a miss, it could just be another wired, which i have never been interested in watching, despite being a big blues brothers fan, depressing subject matter.

Alright SNL behind-the-scenes cinematic universe.

I had no idea a Belushi biopic existed but looking it up it seems like all parties involved tried to bury it because it wasn't received well at all.
Almost killed Chiklis’s career before it even started, as I understand it.

Almost killed Chiklis’s career before it even started, as I understand it.
I'm glad Chiklis was able to bounce back but it's interesting how forgotten it is considering it's a biopic of a high profile celebrity but by all accounts everyone hated it.

From Wikipedia:

Dan Aykroyd was openly averse to Wired. During an interview for MTV's The Big Picture, he said, "I have witches working now to jinx the thing... I hope it never gets seen and I am going to hurl all the negative energy I can and muster all my hell energies [against them]. My thunderbolts are out on this one, quite truthfully."

5e059911-1c0a-4ee6-a5b2-aeb34c16c3ce_text.gif

I watched the trailer and yeah, I can very much understand why those close to Belushi would have been upset about this.

The full movie is actually on YouTube but it looks like it was ripped from an old VHS so the quality is awful.

Just get Andy Sandberg to play Sandler.
Was about to say he’s too old, but then again, the guy they’ve got playing Farley is already four years older than Farley was when he died, so… maybe.

Just get Andy Sandberg to play Sandler.

Was about to say he’s too old, but then again, the guy they’ve got playing Farley is already four years older than Farley was when he died, so… maybe.
Yeah but the difference is Samberg is about 15-20 years older than Sandler was when he was on SNL with Farley.

It'll probably be a bunch of under the radar up-and-comers playing Sandler, Spade, Rock, etc. but I do think they should have significant roles in it, especially Spade who close with Farley to the point that he couldn't even go to his funeral because he was so devastated that he couldn't bear to be in the same room as Farley's body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"