Chris Hemsworth is Hulk Hogan, brother!

His character in Extraction was his best opportunity to play a character with some depth in my opinion and he was mostly boring. Dude who played Rav was more compelling than him. *shrugs*

He's become known for comedic roles a lot more lately I think that's the thing.

It’s that hard line in a biopic to portray their demons until the audience isn’t on their side anymore, especially if they’re the “heroes”.

It’s on one end to do a Wolf of Wall Street kind of film where the lead protagonist isn’t necessarily the “hero” and all their demons are out there no apologies.

Then it’s another with a biopic where you’re specifically seeing it because the person became famous for having an extraordinary talent that you admire.

Get On Up skates the issue of James Brown beating his wife by having him look directly into the camera afterwards, ashamed. Whether that’s a cop out or not is up for debate.
Agreed

On another note: the thought of them trying to sanitize Jordan Belfort (which I know they did somewhat) in a significant way is funny to me

To say that Hemsworth just plays a variation of Thor in every other role insinuates that Thor is a one note character in the MCU, which simply isn't true.
Different strokes for different folks...but I 100 percent agree. Just watching him as Thor from the first movie to Avengers 1, to Ragnarok to Infinity War to Endgame shows a whole lot of range. It's not as easy as he may make it look.

And again just looking at Hemsworth in Thor vs Hemsworth in his appearance in Bad Times at El Royale where he played a charismatic but such a dark twisted character (cult leader, sex criminal, sociopath, I could go on) more than proves he has the chops to pull off playing Hulk Hogan and even the racist aspect. Especially with the right team behind him.

My bigger worry is Todd Phillips. While I did enjoy Joker, it really wore it's influences on it's sleeve and I haven't seen anything from Phillips that proved to me that he could make something like this work

His character in Extraction was his best opportunity to play a character with some depth in my opinion and he was mostly boring. Dude who played Rav was more compelling than him. *shrugs*
But why would someone think that. Extraction was a balls to the wall action movie reminiscent of some of the stuff in the 80s. Most of those never featured deep characters so I don't see why anyone would expect that from Hemsworth there
I still think it was a good performance, but yeah it's not a deep one and wasn't even written to be honestly.

Who will cameo as Sylvester Stallone?

AssuredCluelessAuk-small.gif
They’ll probably use a body double with cgi face if they even include that scene

But why would someone think that. Extraction was a balls to the wall action movie reminiscent of some of the stuff in the 80s. Most of those never featured deep characters so I don't see why anyone would expect that from Hemsworth there
I still think it was a good performance, but yeah it's not a deep one and wasn't even written to be honestly.
There's plenty of 80's action characters written to have some depth. The groundwork was there. The character wasn't written as a Dutch or John Matrix. He was much more in the vein of Riggs and Rambo. I found myself rooting for Rav much more than Hemsworth in it. Don't get me wrong, he's okay, but he really only stands out when he leans more towards a comedic performance. When he isn't doing that, he's pretty dull.

There's plenty of 80's action characters written to have some depth. The groundwork was there. The character wasn't written as a Dutch or John Matrix. He was much more in the vein of Riggs and Rambo. I found myself rooting for Rav much more than Hemsworth in it. Don't get me wrong, he's okay, but he really only stands out when he leans more towards a comedic performance. When he isn't doing that, he's pretty dull.
Oh for sure. I'm not saying there wasn't, but there were a lot who weren't and Extraction seemed to lean more into that to me. Very surface level "Oh my (insert family member) is dead." Now I'm self-loathing and have a death wish seemed to lean way more into the shallow characters who kick a lot of ass thing to me.

But to each their own

My bigger worry is Todd Phillips. While I did enjoy Joker, it really wore it's influences on it's sleeve and I haven't seen anything from Phillips that proved to me that he could make something like this work

Really?! You didn't absolutely enjoy the part near the end where Arthur is on Murray's couch and suddenly and completely out of character talks about society and mental illness, thereby verbally explaining the film's underlying thematic point of view directly to the audience in case they didn't get it?

Really?! You didn't absolutely enjoy the part near the end where Arthur is on Murray's couch and suddenly and completely out of character talks about society and mental illness, thereby verbally explaining the film's underlying thematic point of view directly to the audience in case they didn't get it?
???
I'm not gonna get into the whole Joker thing because it's tired. If you didn't like it? Cool. As I said, I liked the movie a fair bit. I had no problem with that scene. I just think it was clearly held up by it's influences (King of Comedy, Taxi Driver, etc.) that it's hard for me to be fully behind Phillips as a dramatic director.

Oh for sure. I'm not saying there wasn't, but there were a lot who weren't and Extraction seemed to lean more into that to me. Very surface level "Oh my (insert family member) is dead." Now I'm self-loathing and have a death wish seemed to lean way more into the shallow characters who kick a lot of ass thing to me.

But to each their own
That's definitely that movie's purpose, but I'm not sure he's been given much of a chance to flex his chops yet. Bad Times, Rush (his best, almost 10 years ago) and Extraction are his only films where I think he was given a character to kind of flesh out and elevate them beyond what's on the page. He plays Thor well, but I don't give as much legitmacy to the non-villain roles in the MCU. In fact, I think all the other leads in the MCU have proven themselves as quality actors, and Hemsworth is still trying to get there.

The movie will end with Hulk Hogan winning every wrestling title ever, and does so by traveling back in time, forever changing the history of pro wrestling. He will then use his daughter, Brooke to win all Women's Titles ever made.

They could've hired the Rock to play Hulk Hogan instead. :o

Now how will they also explain how Thor is now so muscular in the next movie, Love and Thunder? Has that started filming yet? Or does this film after that? Last we saw, Thor was fat.

The movie will end with Hulk Hogan winning every wrestling title ever, and does so by traveling back in time, forever changing the history of pro wrestling. He will then use his daughter, Brooke to win all Women's Titles ever made.

Don't forget when he travels back in time to be a founding member of the NAACP.

They could've hired the Rock to play Hulk Hogan instead. :o

Now how will they also explain how Thor is now so muscular in the next movie, Love and Thunder? Has that started filming yet? Or does this film after that? Last we saw, Thor was fat.
I mean, do you actually think Hemsworth got fat for Endgame and wasn’t still muscular in real life?

I mean, do you actually think Hemsworth got fat for Endgame and wasn’t still muscular in real life?

Yes, that must be it. :o

I'm asking about the in-universe explanation.

Hulk had more meat on his bones..

That picture is from the 2009 movie “A Perfect Getaway”. He weighed considerably less back then.
I read an article in which they mentioned he put on 20 pounds of muscle for the first Thor movie in 2011 in which he weighed 215.

From what i know of Hulk Hogan he had a more bulked up look. While Chris Hemsworth has always gone to the lean sort of look. So CH should be able to look the part without too much of an issue. He just needs to tweak his workout routine. Less cardio, more mass...

I think he'll look fine. Hulk Hogan was also significantly less attractive than Chris Hemsworth. It's a Hollywood adaption. It's not a CGI young Hogan.

ya, that's diffidently not an official poster...
AfH-csBpWZ2RQ-XswNm7NBMFsRJ405y2rs0V8kyipTGKWX0jgeoQcwBLx9lt9avchm9vKOs-iqJEFn3ls9vMU03j_jB8fa0StKTC6WAw5twVeiypk3BsPE_uCCZXyYzFUZ9haXpaTSrYqn0=w1200-h630-p-k-no-nu

I mean I'd hardly call him skinny here, but yes that's an older image from before he bulked up for Thor... even at his Thor built he still has a very different body type and built then Hulk, so, I don't know if he could really get to the same size Hogan was in his prime, but, he'll be close enough to look the part

Hemsworth as Thor is very cut. 8-pack abs and defined arms. Hogan was a big guy but he did not have Thor abs.

There's more story in the accident his son was in years ago that lead to the son's friend dyhng than saying a slur, that's still the worst thing attached to the man's name. That Jailhouse phone call between him and Nick is bigger issue than anything else to me. Maybe it's just me though. Isn't Bischoff involved in some compacitiy? How's this not going to be rose. colored anyway?

If you want to do a compelling film about a wrestler that is ultimately a positive story it should be Mick Foley, Diamond Dallas Paige, or Edge somebody like that. Booker T or The Rock would work too. I'm surprised no one has done anything with Jesse Ventura's story outside of that garbage NBC TV movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"