Chris Hemsworth is Hulk Hogan, brother!

Chances are it's going to be a very idealized, glossy take on Hulk Hogan to get his involvement, and it's going to downplay all the shady political and dumbass **** along with outright false stories he's made up over the years.

The thing that I was really surprised by wss Thst after watching Joker I thought Todd Philips would be great at doing a gritty wrestling story from the older days. It's a shame it's Hogan And not someone from Dark side of the ring like New Jack

The thing that I was really surprised by wss Thst after watching Joker I thought Todd Philips would be great at doing a gritty wrestling story from the older days. It's a shame it's Hogan And not someone from Dark side of the ring like New Jack

I think Todd Phillips would be better suited for someone like a Bruiser Brody or Superstar Billy Graham. Someone who's story is a little more tragic and frought with hardship. The guy that murdered Bruiser Brody was never convicted. Never did any jail time. He got off scotfree. His story was covered on Dark Side of the Ring.

Billy Graham was basically the precursor to Hulk Hogan and paved the way for bigger larger than life characters that became more prevalent during the Rock n Wrestling era. He was basically the WWF's first major heel wrestling champion.

Also, there's plenty of turmoil you can get through in Billy Graham. He had that just one run as champion and he never really surpassed it again. When he came back to WWF he dropped his previous gimmick and did this karate guy schtick. He was basically phoning it in on purpose and basically sabotaged his career when he returned to WWF. In other words, Billy Graham could've been an even bigger star in the 1980s

Bruiser Brody is the one I wanted to say first but couldn't remember. But yeh Totslly a Tod Philips Bruiser Brody could be sick.

The real Oscar winning role in this movie will be whoever plays Savage.

That is if they go down that Mega Powers route.

It's going to depend on when and where they end it and what wrestlers they heavily feature.

I could very much see the movie ending when he returns to WWF and in a few weeks beats Iron Sheik and gives birth to Hulkamania ... OR they could just as easily end it at WM 1 or 3.

So this is from Jan 3, 1984. 20 days later he beats Iron Sheik at Madison Square Garden.

It's just if they try to cover Hogan's whole career, they will either have to 1) skip a lot or 2) the movie could basically be a trilogy. You really can't cover his whole career that spanned about five different decades in just 2 and a half hours without cutting a lot. Not to mention, with Hogan as an executive producer, he's going to have approvals and final say over certain things and probably where it ends as well.

"Creative control, brother."

IMHO the irony that is kind of lost on Hulk Hogan that Hulk Hogan was held down in AWA and wasn't given the opportunity to become the top guy there when he was over and the fans were pretty much demanding it. Meanwhile, as he got older, Hulk Hogan sort of became the epitome of what was holding people like him back in AWA. That sort of old outdated wrestling mindset from guys like Verne Gagne and keeping old guys like Nick Bockwinkle on top. As a result they lost Hogan to the McMahons. Hogan went to WWF. They gave him the rocket ship and the Rock and Wrestling era began, and WWF became the top game in town after AWA had Hogan as this mega over babyface and squandered him.

Last edited:
So on top of this probably being soft on Hogan, Todd Phillips is directing? Yikes.

Well,. the Hogan of the movie isn't going to lie constantly and make up tall tales.

No sitting in with Metallica as their studio guitarist.

I wish it was an ******* like Hogan playing him in this film rather than Hemsworth.

Well,. the Hogan of the movie isn't going to lie constantly and make up tall tales.

No sitting in with Metallica as their studio guitarist.

Remember that time Hogan became President of the United States? No worries if you do not, this movie will remind you :)

Remember that time Hogan became President of the United States? No worries if you do not, this movie will remind you :)
It's a little tough knowing the things I know about Hogan now. The way he just lies, teaches his children to be egotistical jerks that take no responsibility, blame the guy that got hurt because of your son, then trying to use your son's troubles to get him more money, with his own TV show.

The N-word incident, which is terrible, but again raising narcissists like himself might be worse maybe. They think they're above it all.

Thought this was interesting...

When can we expect a trailer for this? I think Hemsworth will play a pretty good Hogan honestly haha. Hope we see Macho Man too.

I can totally understand the hate Hogan gets for his past egotistical ways as well as his use of racial slurs. But how many other biopic films of other people in the past have side stepped some of the controversy or simply just shown a small part of it? I can think of some and haven't watched that many.
I'm willing to bet that they will indeed show many of his controversies even if they are tamed down. Hogan in recent years has opened up a lot more about them and his egotistical behavior. Do I believe his apologies to be genuine? I don't know honestly. Do I think what he did in the past was wrong? Absolutely.
I do still look forward to seeing this.

Last edited:
Hogan will most likely be safely tucked away when the questions about his racism and past come up closer to release and Hemsworth will have to answer for him. While it sucks, he knew, should have known, what he was getting into when he took the role.

I can totally understand the hate Hogan gets for his past egotistical ways as well as his use of racial slurs. But how many other biopic films of other people in the past have side stepped some of the controversy or simply just shown a small part of it? I can think of some and haven't watched that many.
I'm willing to bet that they will indeed show many of his controversies even if they are tamed down. Hogan in recent years has opened up a lot more about them and his egotistical behavior. Do I believe his apologies to be genuine? I don't know honestly. Do I think what he did in the past was wrong? Absolutely.
I do still look forward to seeing this.

Usually they're dead, so a lot of biopics can get away with their subject's questionable lives that way. I mean, the really famous biopics usually are tamed down anyway (Bohemian Rhapsody) or completely bonkers (The Doors).

I don't think biopics should be made only of angels though. We would never get a Raging Bull or a Goodfellas or a Wolf of Wall Street if that were the case. I guess it depends how the film deals with it. Being honest with the strengths along with the weaknesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"