Chris Pratt is Star-Lord

THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER IS DOUBLING ITS CHRIS COUNT.

Chris Pratt is joining Chris Hemsworth in the fourth Thor installment from Marvel Studios.

Details for the latest Marvel production are as scarce as Loki's scruples, but it is now becoming quite the stuffed superhero sandwich. On top of Chris Hemsworth as the erstwhile God of Thunder, the call sheet already has Natalie Portman reprising the role of Jane Forster, who will become a Thor, Tessa Thompson returning as Valkyrie and ruler of Asgard, and Christian Bale in a mystery role. Filmmaker Taika Waititi will also once again be voicing the alien Korg.

Pratt's involvement should not come as a total surprise since his Star-Lord was last seen in Avengers: Endgame having his captainship amusingly threatened by Thor, who had decided to join the Guardians of the Galaxy aboard Star-Lord's ship for adventures in parts unknown. And who knows what other Guardians, or even Avengers, will join the fray?

Love and Thunder is due to shoot in Australia in January, and Pratt will do a short round of additional photography for his sci-fi movie The Tomorrow Warbefore heading to the land Down Under.

@Speed Force might as well add Guardians Of The Galaxy to the title of the thread. :cwink:
Groot is also confirmed to be in TLT. Alfa Groot.

I think it's pretty much a given that the entire GOTG from Endgame will be showing up in Thor: Love and Thunder. The only question will be how long they're actually in it. I'm betting they won't be in it past the first act of the film.

I think it's pretty much a given that the entire GOTG from Endgame will be showing up in Thor: Love and Thunder. The only question will be how long they're actually in it. I'm betting they won't be in it past the first act of the film.
Vin Diesel said “some of the guardians” so I’m inclined to think that not all will show up. Rocket also has to be in it since he’s the one that bonded with Thor the most. I do agree with that first act assumption though.

Vin Diesel said “some of the guardians” so I’m inclined to think that not all will show up. Rocket also has to be in it since he’s the one that bonded with Thor the most. I do agree with that first act assumption though.

I so hope we get to see Rocket and Jane "reunited" and him awkwardly apologise to her for probing her in the rear in EG.

Not unexpected given where Thor finished up in Endgame and how popular that team up was. Asguardians of The Galaxy indeed.

I would imagine they won't be around for that long, given where the story goes, although will they be able to resist having Quill rag on Thor for losing his powers with their rivalry? He might stick around popping in and out briefly like Tony in Homecoming.

And as pointed out Rocket has some unknown to her history with Jane which might be mentioned. The Aether being put back exactly when it was taken means it's not a branch reality right?

Not unexpected given where Thor finished up in Endgame and how popular that team up was. Asguardians of The Galaxy indeed.

I would imagine they won't be around for that long, given where the story goes, although will they be able to resist having Quill rag on Thor for losing his powers with their rivalry? He might stick around popping in and out briefly like Tony in Homecoming.

And as pointed out Rocket has some unknown to her history with Jane which might be mentioned. The Aether being put back exactly when it was taken means it's not a branch reality right?

Jane wouldn't recognise Jane, but he would definitely remember her.

I so hope we get to see Rocket and Jane "reunited" and him awkwardly apologise to her for probing her in the rear in EG.

When did he probe her? I don't remember him interacting with her at all.

When did he probe her? I don't remember him interacting with her at all.

He's the one that extracts the Aether/Reality Stone from her when he and Thor go back in time to Asgard. They have a scene with Jane waking up in her chambers and getting out of bed, and then Rocket sneaks up on her with that extraction thing before they cut away.

This makes sense for him to be in the movie. The question I have is whether he has a prominent role or is literally just there to drop Thor off and have a few funny moments.

I’m assuming all the Guardians—with the exception of Gamora—will show up in the beginning of Love & Thunder but I doubt they’ll have much of a role.

He's the one that extracts the Aether/Reality Stone from her when he and Thor go back in time to Asgard. They have a scene with Jane waking up in her chambers and getting out of bed, and then Rocket sneaks up on her with that extraction thing before they cut away.

That was a scene that convinced some fans that something might be up with Natalie Portman and Marvel before Love and Thunder was announced, that she would be willing to have that cameo.

This makes sense for him to be in the movie. The question I have is whether he has a prominent role or is literally just there to drop Thor off and have a few funny moments.

That's very much the question. I would imagine it's more the latter, just dropping Thor off and maybe being there at the end, plot depending of course. But as I suggested it might be a bit more than that because of their popular rivalry in IW/EG.

But as I suggested it might be a bit more than that because of their popular rivalry in IW/EG.

To be fair I would love to see Thor and Star Lord share some time alone, becoming even friends? Star Lord needs some hero moments after IW and Endgame... But I doubt it will happen because Star Lords plot is not totally with finding Gamora.

That was a scene that convinced some fans that something might be up with Natalie Portman and Marvel before Love and Thunder was announced, that she would be willing to have that cameo.

True, although it's worth remembering that the scene actually used old footage from a deleted scene from TDW. Natalie didn't shoot anything; she just recorded a few lines of dialogue for the scene where Thor and Rocket are standing outside her room.

As I mentioned before, might as well use this place as the GOTG thread. Apparently Vin Diesel is in Australia too.

I suspect the Guardians role will be little more than them pulling up to a convenient planet and tossing Thor off their ship...

Why is Diesel in Australia? He can record I am Groot in an American studio as well?
Interesting though.

Not that I would be surprised if the GOTG are indeed in the movie, but isn't Randolph widely regarded as an untrustworthy source?

like every scooper she gets things right and things totally wrong , and all scoopers got their souces and its not her fault if that sources tell her bull**** , best example is the Videogame industry and their rumors same goes for hollywood

It is her fault if she reports every rumor she hears. Frankly, I half-suspect that it's giving her too much credit and she's just an educated guesser. But, regardless, the fact that she has so many incorrect rumors means that she doesn't do a good enough job vetting her sources.

I doubt the Guardians will be in the film much.

I just heard someone make a very significant case for the presence of Star Lord in TLT.
Star Lord and Thor have that bickering relationship but you know what could actually bring them together in a very profound and powerful way... the struggles of dealing with cancer affecting your close ones. Star Lord's mother, Jane Foster...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hugoodeww
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"