Christian Bale is Gorr the God Butcher!

My first pick would be Hela and Mangog.

Lately i've heard rumors hinting at Gorr... I think it's a bit early for that, also they took some inspiration from him to make Hela in Ragnarok and i would rather save Gorr for another time.

My first pick would be Hela and Mangog.

Lately i've heard rumors hinting at Gorr... I think it's a bit early for that, also they took some inspiration from him to make Hela in Ragnarok and i would rather save Gorr for another time.

Another problem with Gorr is that the MCU hasn't really established any pantheons, except for the Asgardians (who were back to being called gods in Ragnarok).

Now the gods in the story that weren't Asgardians were mainly new to that story, and Thor only made a short reference to warn Olympus, but at least the concept of multiple pantheons of gods was established way before that.

On top of that they used Gorr as inspiration for Hela's powers in Ragnarok, so I agree that this isn't the time for it.

Mangog certainly feels like a good bet when Jane-Thor is in the story, although they can of course go with anyone.

Hey, while Taika is giving Jane some redemption, maybe he can pull off the same with Malekith too
Malekith with Mangog as the big thing they gotta fight could be solid

It would take a boat load of cash to make Eccleston come back as Malekith lol

well luckily Disney has a whole floatilla of cash-filled boats
lol

Hey, while Taika is giving Jane some redemption, maybe he can pull off the same with Malekith too
Malekith with Mangog as the big thing they gotta fight could be solid

Given that I and a lot of others are suspecting that Jane in this movie will be from an alternative reality, maybe Malekith might also be from this reality, and somehow gets transported into the main MCU timeline?

What would be the point of bringing in a Jane from another reality? Just to explain why Mjolnir wasn't destroyed? The pieces are still lying around New Asgard, it would be just as logical to have someone repair it.

What would be the point of bringing in a Jane from another reality? Just to explain why Mjolnir wasn't destroyed? The pieces are still lying around New Asgard, it would be just as logical to have someone repair it.

Who could bring the pieces to the forge? It's been established that even broken apart the separate pieces retain the 'worthy' enhancement.

Mangog please

Want Thor to fight a creature villain this time around. lol

66791815_369571687089267_8856329141750557084_n.jpg

Enchantress please! And I hope they show the other realms we haven't seen before!

Who could bring the pieces to the forge? It's been established that even broken apart the separate pieces retain the 'worthy' enhancement.

Where, exactly, was any of this established in the movies?

I could go with Mangog or Gorr but I really want Enchantress in there whether it's either of those big baddies.

I feel like both Gorr and Enchantress are a bit too close to Hela. They have quite a lot of similarities but hey if it’s done right and feels fresh I would be interested.

Last edited:
I feel like both Gorr and Enchantress are a bit too close to Hela. They have could a lot of similarities but hey if it’s done right and feels fresh I would be interested.

I agree, although I guess the one thing that I could say that clearly speaks for Enchantress is that it certainly works to have a character called Amora in a film called Love and Thunder.

I feel like both Gorr and Enchantress are a bit too close to Hela. They have quite a lot of similarities but hey if it’s done right and feels fresh I would be interested.

See, I think that you can do Enchantress and not have her come off at all like Hela. Cate was dialing the catty campiness to 11. You can go deeper and more subtle with Enchantress. Play up her actually being wounded emotionally from Thor's disinterest. Rather than the grand villainess that they were going for with Hela, chewing scenery, make Enchantress essentially petty and she stews in her resentments long enough to be pushed into terrible acts.

Gorr too... I don't quite see the similarity. Let's be honest... Hela wasn't all that deep. Cate sliced off a lot of ham and chewed a lot of scenery. On that level Hela worked gangbusters... But there wasn't really a lot of "there" there, so to speak. Gorr, if adapted from the comics half way faithfully has a truly tragic origin, and one which a lot of people can actually commiserate with, as a lapsed Catholic I sure can. Of course that might be too intense and heady for the MCU... We shall see.

Hela it seemed was able to transport around in some way that Ragnarok didn't really explore; the Necrosword perhaps she acquired from Gorr at some point? She very well could've left Asgard before it exploded. I'd like more of her backstory to be explored and this time maybe just put her in kind of an overseer role.

There was also a 13 part comic storyline called "Blood and Thunder" published in 1993-1994 involving Thor going insane while in the midst of being a cosmic wanderer of sorts. If they include male Thor as a villain in the movie that would make things interesting for sure. Perhaps mainly since it'd make it easier to fit these 2 Thor's into a tight movie timeframe while of course giving some pretty fun battle scenes and character interactions.

The comic storyline I just started reading up on after some of the covers caught my eye (not best illustrated but still depict Thor in a cosmic based setting). Thor battles all manner of cosmic superhero's in the storyline. If the movie "Love and Thunder" borrows fleeting aspects of this I kind of wonder...

Publishing Info.:
The issue order can be seen here: Blood and Thunder (Story Arc) - Comic Vine
There is at least one tpb published in 2011 seen here: Thor: Blood and Thunder #1 - TPB (Issue) (collects THOR #468-471, SILVER SURFER #86-88, WARLOCK CHRONICLES #6-8 and WARLOCK AND THE INFINITY WATCH #23- 25).

I would love to see them explore the Warrior Madness/Beserker Rage angle but i think we're not there just yet.
Maybe after L&T if something happens to Jane Foster Thor that could lead Thor into a dark path down the line which eventually would line up perfectly with those storylines.

Just the title "Blood and Thunder" of that comic storyline seemed a fitting counterpoint to the title "Love and Thunder". Thor being a villain in the movie I think would slide some room towards exploring his character more in new interesting ways as he searches for purpose while focusing on Natalie's character moreso that I think would provide a focused storyline within the runtime that the movie allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"